• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifeisfun
    replied
    Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
    You can try to run Dontsleep, that should keep it wake
    http://downloads.tomsguide.com/Dont-...301-28162.html
    Installed this weeks ago it never disconnected since (on two boxes)

Leave a comment:

• virusX
    replied
    Just to let you know that I still had some issue this morning.
    I don't know how this happened but a misconnection of the ethernet on boot switched the network to Wifi.
    I had the ethernet card on/off issue (plus VPN/DNS issue).
    I had to manually disable the Wifi, re-enter the ethernet settings, validate and then it was OK (and still is now).
    I will try another PSU than my 9V/1.5A (that is better than the PIPO one), I'll go for 9-12V/3A and will update you guys.

Leave a comment:

• vertical
    replied
    Originally posted by loko View Post
    I have already disabled Connected Standby by changing the CsEnabled value from 1 to 0 and restart, selected the High performance power plan, and disabled all power saving related features in the Device Manager. These changes did not solve the problem.

The USB Ethernet Adapter seems to be the only device affected. A USB Flash Drive works fine at the same time. For what it is worth, I do not have any cable plugged to the Ethernet port.

If you look at the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon, you will notice that the USB Ethernet Adapter is considered as a removable device.

This situation does not have to do with Ethernet power saving settings. The USB Ethernet Adapter itself is disconnected and reconnected, like someone is unplugging and replugging the device continuously. This can be due to insufficient supplied power, probably by a bad hardware design, or some other weird situation.

Since I have already plugged and unplugged the HDMI cable about 50 times, and I do not want to wear out the HDMI port, I will stop further testing until I get an HDMI adapter.

To be able to conduct further tests, I also installed the open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5. Now Remote Desktop Connection between PiPo X7 and a Windows XP installation runs just fine, so I can opt between TeamViewer and Remote Desktop Connection. I have also installed UltraVNC, but once more I found it somewhat laggy for my taste.
    Kalimera loko

I believe the issue is caused by bad design in the hardware. The issue exists with the Intel drivers. Something changes in the way the display is driven and this causes the ethernet to stop working. With the default Win8.1 display driver, before you install the latest intel ones, the issue doesn't happen but the machine is useless with these drivers. The issue seems to be 'fixed' with an unpowered HDMI hub (but I do not consider this as a fix). What does the hub in terms of electronics do is something beyond my knowledge.
    Last edited by vertical; 03-26-2015, 11:17.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    ...This can be due to insufficient supplied power, probably by a bad hardware design, or some other weird situation...
    I don't think that it is because of an insufficient supplied power...

I also thought about a bad hardware design, maybe some parts/pins of the HDMI port and the usb2eth are the same at the pcb (e.g. GND) BUT because of fixing it with a passive HDMI switch/hub I'm not sure about this idea... BUT who knows?

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Did you also recognised anything at USB itself (because it's really "funny" if only the USB2eth adapter effects from the unplugged HDMI)?
    I have already disabled Connected Standby by changing the CsEnabled value from 1 to 0 and restart, selected the High performance power plan, and disabled all power saving related features in the Device Manager. These changes did not solve the problem.

The USB Ethernet Adapter seems to be the only device affected. A USB Flash Drive works fine at the same time. For what it is worth, I do not have any cable plugged to the Ethernet port.

If you look at the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon, you will notice that the USB Ethernet Adapter is considered as a removable device.

This situation does not have to do with Ethernet power saving settings. The USB Ethernet Adapter itself is disconnected and reconnected, like someone is unplugging and replugging the device continuously. This can be due to insufficient supplied power, probably by a bad hardware design, or some other weird situation.

Since I have already plugged and unplugged the HDMI cable about 50 times, and I do not want to wear out the HDMI port, I will stop further testing until I get an HDMI adapter.

To be able to conduct further tests, I also installed the open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5. Now Remote Desktop Connection between PiPo X7 and a Windows XP installation runs just fine, so I can opt between TeamViewer and Remote Desktop Connection. I have also installed UltraVNC, but once more I found it somewhat laggy for my taste.

Leave a comment:

• virusX
    replied
    Here are the steps I've done in order to have no more ethernet connection issue:

- Changed the Power Supply but I'm not sure it helped much as my PSU is a crappy 9V/1.5A
    - Result: I still had issues but I will buy a good 9V/3A PSU.

- I changed the Connected Standby mode via regedit: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ then set the value "CsEnabled" from 1 to 0 to get full options in Power Settings.
    Then I modified the Power Settings to keep awake everything.
    - Result: I still had issues with ethernet but my USB external HDD felt better
    Also it's possible that it corrected another issue I had: while unplugged from HDMI for a while, the X7 was then unreachable.

- I added a HDMI switch (unpowered) between the X7 and my TV (I know... weird workaround)
    - Result: that helped a lot in fact, I didn't get disconnected when unplugging the HDMI cable but I still had some issue when manually turning off ethernet adapter and leaving only Wifi (adapter was disappearing/appearing from windows).

- I changed options of the internet cable to ConnectionType in "100Base-TX Full_Duplex".
    - Result: That solved the previous issue.

So now I have a fully functional ethernet network thanks to the hints from everyone here.
    I'll test to put back the original PSU, and change those steps options one by one to identify if there's some unnecessary steps.

I also will receive a HDMI to VGA converter soon and will report if any change.

Team Viewer is installed just to remotely monitor the X7.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    So it means this is the quintessence:
    ... close your TV and unplug the HDMI cable from PiPo X7. The Ethernet Adapter will disappear and reappear every second in the Network Connections window, and you will not be able to properly control PiPo X7 until you replug the HDMI cable.

The Ethernet Adapter will be initialized every time it reappears in the system as a "DM9621A USB To FastEthernet Adapter(KMDF)" device, having a "USB\VID_0A46&PID_1269&REV_0101" Hardware ID.

In the case that you replug the HDMI cable while the Ethernet device has not been fully initialized, which is happening every second, a "DM9621A USB To FastEther" device with a random Hardware ID will appear in the Device Manager. ...
    Did you also recognised anything at USB itself (because it's really "funny" if only the USB2eth adapter effects from the unplugged HDMI)?

Leave a comment:

• loko
    replied
    Since I just received my units last week, I haven't really dealt with this issue yet.

I can confirm that the problem exists. Here is how to reproduce this problem. I think that accurately reproducing this problem can be the base for the solution, since you can try any changes over it.

Use Wi-Fi to connect to your access point and make sure that a proper IP Address is already assigned to your Wi-Fi Adapter. Do not connect any wire to the Ethernet port.

Download TeamViewer Portable from the official site, and extract it to any folder. TeamViewer Portable can be both used as a Server and a Client, and supposedly leaves no traces in the computer.

Run TeamViewer.exe and make sure that you allow incoming and outgoing local connections in the Windows Firewall. In the main TeamViewer menu, click Extras and select Options. Under General, Network Settings, Incoming LAN connections, select accept exclusively. Your ID is your current PiPo X7 IP Address. Your Password is a randomly assigned 4 digit number that changes every time you run TeamViewer.

Repeat all TeamViewer Portable configuration steps to another computer in your local network. Since you don't intend to use TeamViewer as a Server in this computer, disregard Your ID and Your Password fields. To use TeamViewer as a Client and connect to your PiPo X7, manually enter under Partner ID PiPo X7's current IP Address and select Connect to partner. You will be asked for PiPo X7's currently assigned password, and the connection will be successfully established.

If you want to have complete remote control over PiPo X7 and its settings, you have to run TeamViewer Portable as Administrator in PiPo X7.

In PiPo X7, open Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center. Click on Change Adapter Settings to open Network Connections, where you will see both Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapters being listed.

While using TeamViewer to control PiPo X7 from your computer, close your TV and unplug the HDMI cable from PiPo X7. The Ethernet Adapter will disappear and reappear every second in the Network Connections window, and you will not be able to properly control PiPo X7 until you replug the HDMI cable.

The Ethernet Adapter will be initialized every time it reappears in the system as a "DM9621A USB To FastEthernet Adapter(KMDF)" device, having a "USB\VID_0A46&PID_1269&REV_0101" Hardware ID.

In the case that you replug the HDMI cable while the Ethernet device has not been fully initialized, which is happening every second, a "DM9621A USB To FastEther" device with a random Hardware ID will appear in the Device Manager. Do not bother installing drivers for this device, because it will disappear the moment you reboot your device or unplug the HDMI cable, and since the assigned Hardware ID will be random and will change every time this malfunctioning device will reappear, there is no need to install any drivers for it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• oversx
    replied
    If you do this in Windows, so the network disconnects. On Linux works ping even after disconnecting HDMI (always).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by oversx View Post
    My Pipo disconnected from the network during movie playback, now its O.K (using 100Base-TX Full_Duplex). If you disconnect the HDMI in Linux its O.K as well, in Windows LEDs flash (do not go off), but the network is disconnected. Drivers in Windows are bad.

Edit: PCB v 1.3
    Video:
    Left monitor is connected to Pipo (Lubuntu 14.04), right is Win8.1 connected via VNC to Pipo. After disconnecting hdmi is network O.K. Movie is playback over a network.
    http://89.29.66.22/pipo.mp4
    Yes but that's because the Pipo is busy. With some tasks.

I bet when you close the movie, and the Pipo is running idle the connection get lost.

Leave a comment:

• oversx
    replied
    My Pipo disconnected from the network during movie playback, now its O.K (using 100Base-TX Full_Duplex). If you disconnect the HDMI in Linux its O.K as well, in Windows LEDs flash (do not go off), but the network is disconnected. Drivers in Windows are bad.

Edit: PCB v 1.3
    Video:
    Left monitor is connected to Pipo (Lubuntu 14.04), right is Win8.1 connected via VNC to Pipo. After disconnecting hdmi is network O.K. Movie is playback over a network.
    Last edited by oversx; 03-24-2015, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• vertical
    replied
    Originally posted by oversx View Post
    Just set "ConnectionType" to "100Base-TX Full_Duplex" and network O.K. (Win8.1 + Win10 b10041).
    Are you sure you changed only that and it was fixed? Because I changed it but the ethernet stops working as soon as I switch off the amplifier.

Leave a comment:

• oversx
    replied
    Just set "ConnectionType" to "100Base-TX Full_Duplex" and network O.K. (Win8.1 + Win10 b10041).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• oversx
    replied
    I played movies in Linux four hours and everything worked. No disconnection of the network.
    Drivers for Windows are bad (and are updated to the latest).

Edit: In Linux with HDMI connector may disconnect and network connection works! Sleep mode is functional and going to wake up the wireless keyboard! Network throughput over iperf is 94Mbit/s!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oversx; 03-19-2015, 10:43.

Leave a comment:

• iusefree
    replied
    Originally posted by useless View Post
    YES - I just used a 12V 2.5A adaptor I had at home similar to this (not the same model)
    http://www.****.com.au/itm/12V-2-5A-...item1e7e9f51de

will give it a try then, thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X