Google ADT-1 Developers box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google ADT-1 Developers box

Google has just released their newest update for the L (code name for lolipop). I have the rom if anyone is interested. In the folder I posted on Dropbox, there is the system.img (563,200 KB), ramdisk.img, ect.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

It can be helpful.
    Please post the link.

Thanks
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      It can be helpful.
      Please post the link.

Thanks
      Here is the link for the for the Google L (lollipop) OS.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks
        Everything is possible if we work together!
        ApkFreak

Comment

Can I install it on just any android tv box, tablet or phone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frits183 View Post
            Can I install it on just any android tv box, tablet or phone ?
            Most likely not. That would be like flashing galaxy s5 firmware on a moto g or something. Different CPU, different GPU, different amount of RAM, wrong kernel, wrong boot and aboot, etc.

You could try downloading the source and editing/recompiling, though.

Cheers,
            -SB
            ---------------------------------------
            Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
            Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
            Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
            RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
            ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

ADT-1 The Ultimate Android TV Box

The ADT-1 Is Truly The Ultimate Android TV Box Hands Down, No Need For HDMI In/HDMI Out ..!

The ADT-1 Has Live TV Apps {Live Channels, HDHomeRun View}, Works Via The HDHomeRun Prime/HDHomeRun Extend ...

The ADT-1 Has Replace All My Other Android TV Boxes ... All Video Is In Picture Pixel Crystal Clear Video Resolution Quality ... It Comes With A Awesome Game Controller Also ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                The ADT-1 Is Truly The Ultimate Android TV Box Hands Down, No Need For HDMI In/HDMI Out ..!

The ADT-1 Has Live TV Apps {Live Channels, HDHomeRun View}, Works Via The HDHomeRun Prime/HDHomeRun Extend ...

The ADT-1 Has Replace All My Other Android TV Boxes ... All Video Is In Picture Pixel Crystal Clear Video Resolution Quality ... It Comes With A Awesome Game Controller Also ...
                Will it play the encrypted channels from your prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post

Seriously??? Well I suppose maybe if you're just using it for streaming video. The device is extremely crippled if you have any other plans for it.

I just setup tincore keymapper on it so that i could get mouse emulation so i can use regular android apps with the gamepad.

I much prefer my RK3288 based R89. It pretty much spanks my ADT-1 in just about every way.

You won't be seeing HDMI 2, 4K resolutions, or hardware decoded h.265 @60fps on the ADT-1.

The only advantage that I think the ADT-1 has is DRM. But that's just my .02 USD. YMMV

Cheers,
                  -SB
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Kodi Handles 4K/1080p Very Well On My ADT-1 Boxes

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                    Seriously??? Well I suppose maybe if you're just using it for streaming video. The device is extremely crippled if you have any other plans for it.

I just setup tincore keymapper on it so that i could get mouse emulation so i can use regular android apps with the gamepad.

I much prefer my RK3288 based R89. It pretty much spanks my ADT-1 in just about every way.

You won't be seeing HDMI 2, 4K resolutions, or hardware decoded h.265 @60fps on the ADT-1.

The only advantage that I think the ADT-1 has is DRM. But that's just my .02 USD. YMMV

Cheers,
                    -SB
                    Guy are you serious, use a air mouse cursor keyboard, naw guy, you going the wrong way ..
                    The Kodi handles 4K/1080p DTS AC3 Dolby Digital Sound on my ADT-1 boxes very well, works like a charm... Where are you getting your info from..?

Comment

I never said it wouldn't do whatever you want it to in KODI, right out of the box(except output at 4k resolution, which RK3288, can). What it won't do, without some extra steps and hacking, is work with regular non-android tv apps. Meaning apps from the regular play store(not the android tv play store). Which means only a few apps available vs thousands.

I'm just glad my ADT-1 was free, because it's taken me hours of work to get it even close to being as functional as my R89, and there are still some things that it can't do which the R89 can.

The average consumer isn't going to have the knowledge to make all those mods to the system.

My own opinion, but having lots of experience with both platforms, there is no way I'd choose the ADT-1 as my favorite. I mean, seriously, it doesn't even come with a web browser and you can't use one without sideloading it first, attaching a mouse, and then using another app to launch it. Google is supposed be all about connecting everything on the internet. Even the xbox 360 and xbox one have web browsers. Chrome should be integrated all over the place, and you should be able to navigate it with the gamepad. I do navigate it with the gamepad but only after rooting, disabling selinux, and using tincore keymapper to use mouse emulation.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent platform. My own opinion is that Google made some terrible design decisions when it comes to the user interface.

YMMV
                      Cheers,
                      -SB

Comment

The ADT-1 Boxes Are Super Superior To Any RK3288 Boxes

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                        I never said it wouldn't do whatever you want it to in KODI, right out of the box(except output at 4k resolution, which RK3288, can). What it won't do, without some extra steps and hacking, is work with regular non-android tv apps. Meaning apps from the regular play store(not the android tv play store). Which means only a few apps available vs thousands.

I'm just glad my ADT-1 was free, because it's taken me hours of work to get it even close to being as functional as my R89, and there are still some things that it can't do which the R89 can.

The average consumer isn't going to have the knowledge to make all those mods to the system.

My own opinion, but having lots of experience with both platforms, there is no way I'd choose the ADT-1 as my favorite. I mean, seriously, it doesn't even come with a web browser and you can't use one without sideloading it first, attaching a mouse, and then using another app to launch it. Google is supposed be all about connecting everything on the internet. Even the xbox 360 and xbox one have web browsers. Chrome should be integrated all over the place, and you should be able to navigate it with the gamepad. I do navigate it with the gamepad but only after rooting, disabling selinux, and using tincore keymapper to use mouse emulation.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent platform. My own opinion is that Google made some terrible design decisions when it comes to the user interface.

YMMV
                        Cheers,
                        -SB
                        Dude you are trying so hard to win a argument, and I'm not going there with you ...{lol} I don't have to do any hacks or mods on my 5 ADT-1 boxes ... I have SoC RK3288 boxes also, but none of them can match the processor speeds of my ADT-1 boxes ... 4K/1080p works like a charm via Kodi, no hack needed ..!{lol} My air mouse cursor keyboard also works like a charm ..! I have all the apps on the LeanBack Launcher, that I will ever need .. Google just released a "CHROME BROWSER" for the Nexus TV Player/ADT1, where do you get your info ..!{lol}

Guy, you are trying to make a 5.0.2 LolliPoP box to a RK3288 box, it's not going to happen ..!
                        Come here https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0 ..! I will show how to hook up your ADT-1, just follow the link ..!
                        Last edited by Tech1; 02-28-2015, 22:35.

Comment

LOL. No thanks. I think I'm good on my own.

I'm already a member of that community and you can see that I have made the same arguments there.

RK3288 is faster than Tegra 4, plus it can OUTPUT at 4K resolution. Not downscaling to 1080p.
                          But whatever really. It's like a Mac vs PC argument. You like Mac because it's simpler and I like PC because it's more versatile. It is the same parallel. No one can win such an argument because it's entirely opinion.

The one hard fact I will point out, and have said before, is that Nexus TV sales figures are absolutely horrible and I sincerely believe it is because of horrible design decisions made by Google.

I think they will learn from it and android tv as Google defines it will get better.
                          Cheers!
                          -SB

Comment

The ADT-1 Gaming Boxes Have The Fastest Processor Speed

Guy you are still trying to win a argument, my 4K/1080p is not being down scaling at all and you know better than that ... Your RK3288 box CPU speed is around 1800, that's all and my ADT-1 gaming boxes are much higher, take care guy ..!

Comment

Both boxes good. It's pick your flavor. I have 3188 3288 and amilogic. Minix x5 X7 8 and mini. So who cares about the programs and issue each have. Tech1- Lollipop has issues too and will be on 3288 and amlogic boxes around April.

I have my favorite too allwinner they smoking fast and picture quality beats both in my opinion. So there's another view. I use my game pad no issues with all 3 😆
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X