Google ADT-1 Developers box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
    Guy you are still trying to win a argument, my 4K/1080p is not being down scaling at all and you know better than that ... Your RK3288 box CPU speed is around 1800, that's all and my ADT-1 gaming boxes are much higher, take care guy ..!
    That's just about the silliest thing I've ever heard. If the source video is 4K and you are watching it at 1080p it is downscaled. That's because 4K is the pixel resolution, and guess what, it's larger than 1080p therefore it is downscaled to fit the maximum output of the device which is 1080p on ADT-1. Just like watching a 1080p video on a 720p didn't make the picture 1080p. This applies to 4K as well, watching a 4K video at 1080p doesn't make the output 4K quality.

RK3288 can output 4K video at native 4K resolution. Not 4K downscaled to 1080p. It can also hardware decode hevc/h.265 1080p at 60fps. ADT-1 cannot even decode h.265. H.265 is awesome because it has better/more CPU intensive compression which allows for higher quality at the same bitrate when compared to h.264.

Your info about RK3288 being limited to 1.8ghz is outdated. And lol at your ADT-1 "gaming boxes" being much higher. The tegra 4 in ADT-1 is 1.9ghz. There are 2.2ghz kernels out now on 3288. But even at stock kernel my R89 benchmarks higher than my ADT-1, even though the ADT-1 has a slightly better 3D GPU, the CPU performance of RK3288 is enough that it's Antutu score is sill higher. Probably because cortex-a17 has better performance than a15.

Cheers,
    -SB
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Both boxes good. It's pick your flavor. I have 3188 3288 and amilogic. Minix x5 X7 8 and mini. So who cares about the programs and issue each have. Tech1- Lollipop has issues too and will be on 3288 and amlogic boxes around April.

I have my favorite too allwinner they smoking fast and picture quality beats both in my opinion. So there's another view. I use my game pad no issues with all 3 ��
      Right on. But even 3188, 3288, amlogic, and allwinner are more alike than if you compare them to ADT-1/Nexus TV. It's not lollipop that makes them different either, it's the leanback launcher. Which obviously is an ok launcher for some people (tech1 for instance).

For me personally, I find it much too restrictive. I feel like it's the Windows 8 of Google platforms.. some people like Windows 8, too. That's my own opinion and it's not going to change. Sorry
      Cheers,
      -SB
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

The Adt-1 Is not reallY that user friendly as most don't know how to side load. I got my box for that reason was to complicated for the end user. It's a nice system but not really that customizable. I like ubuntu for that same reason can customize it to what I want. So many launchers to choose from I have Playstation and Xbox for all my games can't see me switching to andriod for gaming or adt 1 for that matter. So many boxes that everyone will have thier own flavor. Think we Hi jacked the thread long enough on this. Tech1 has done great things on the ad-1 so his opinion is valid too. Tech-1 should put a link to his site on this as best info around for any adt1 owners.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

ADT-1 CPU 1900 Plus, RK3288 CPU 1800 Plus

The Adt-1 Is not reallY that user friendly as most don't know how to side load. I got my box for that reason was to complicated for the end user. It's a nice system but not really that customizable. I like ubuntu for that same reason can customize it to what I want. So many launchers to choose from I have Playstation and Xbox for all my games can't see me switching to andriod for gaming or adt 1 for that matter. So many boxes that everyone will have thier own flavor. Think we Hi jacked the thread long enough on this. Tech1 has done great things on the ad-1 so his opinion is valid too. Tech-1 should put a link to his site on this as best info around for any adt1 owners.

The above poster stated that no ADT-1 NVIDIA Tegra 4 CPU was higher or faster, than a RK3288 Android TV Box ...{lol} No Overclocking ....!
          Well the above photos tells a different story, some people will do or say anything to win a argument.
          As long as my Kodi keeps decoding H265 4K video/movies to my 4K TV via my ADT-1 boxes, I'm happy ..!
          Last edited by Tech1; 03-01-2015, 12:51.

Comment

RK 3288 CPU Test Results

Here is the photo of the RK3288 Android TV box CPU test results 1800 only
            ... No overclocking ...!

The above missing photo can be seen here now https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0 !
            Just click on the photo, it will enlarge ...
            Last edited by Tech1; 03-01-2015, 17:06.

Comment

allwinner

Bench for all winner as I said everyone has thier favorite. Click image for larger version

Name:	antutu.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	437302
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Bench for all winner as I said everyone has thier favorite. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10601[/ATTACH]
                Now that's awesome, but what is the CPU Speed on that All Winners Box ..?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                    Here is the photo of the RK3288 Android TV box CPU test results 1800 only
                    ... No overclocking ...!

The above missing photo can be seen here now https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0 !
                    Just click on the photo, it will enlarge ...
                    Yes, but which RK3288 box do you have? I can't imagine anyone getting a score that low on one unless it's not a brand name box (like the measy, or htc, bluetimes, etc.). There is no way you'd get that score if you're running the latest update on a nextxeon or tchips based board(tronsmart, beelink, hph, ugoos).

Plus if you are using an old kernel your actual CPU speed is only 1.6ghz, even though it's reported as 1.8ghz. Oman from beelink found that as a safety setting in the kernel and the newer kernels are actually running at 1.8ghz. People found this out because they were creating overclock to 2 ghz and there was no change in benchmarks. So they investigate why and found that it's running at safety speed, even though android report speed at overclock.

The off brand ones, like those stated above use lower quality RAM and clock it at a slower speed. They also use much slower/cheaper eMMC NAND which makes them slower as well. They also do not put out firmware updates so most likely they are at 1.6ghz. They are also not HDMI 2 compliant like the nextxeon/tchips boards. If you have one of these cheapies, you can't generalize all RK3288 based on that.

My Antutu scores with no overclock are always just under 40K. In fact i just ran it with quite a few apps open and got 38276. It will be higher if I run it after a fresh reboot.

With overclock, people have been getting between 45-48K! As I said though I do not have overclock.

I will post screenshots. It says device nexus 5, but that is just because of build.prop edit to unlock more apps in play store. Nexus 5 cannot score that high.

Cheers,
                    -SB

Comment

Here is a link to the screenshot:

Comment

Bench for all winner as I said everyone has thier favorite. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10601[/ATTACH]
                        Is this the octacore CPU that's in the tronsmart draco? Is that one 64-bit? I forget.

Talk about doing or saying anything to win an argument. Earlier in the thread Tech1 says he is watching 4K/1080p, now all of a sudden the guy has a 4K tv. Plus he's using h.265 which is clearly not possible. Check out the tegra 4 compatibility here in this chart on the KODI website.

RK3288 is there as well if it matters.

I buy that he can play back 4K videos at the highest output resolution of the ADT-1 (1080p) with h.264, and probably a few other codecs.

I can respect a man sticking up for his preference of a certain product, but when you start making things up so that you can try to look cool, that's a bit over the line.

I have absolutely nothing else to say on this topic and will ignore any attempts to be drawn back into this ridiculous argument. Anyone who has read through all of this will know who is telling the truth, and who is inventing facts.

I would have dropped it a long time ago, but I just couldn't let the misinformation stand unchallenged. Whatever misinformation follows this (and i am sure it will start to pile up higher and higher) will be ignored.

If anyone wishes to continue on topic I will gladly participate. "Whose is bigger, mine or yours?" Comments will be ignored. Starting now

Cheers,
                        -SB

Comment

I will say this about Tech1, I do respect the contributions he has made on the Google community linked to above. There is a lot of good info there. I've even used some of it myself.

So thanks for those valuable posts which highlight android tv apps which may go unnoticed if you hadn't posted them to the community.
                          Cheers,
                          -SB

Comment

AC3 DTS 5.1/7.1 Digital Sound Isn't Down Scale To Stereo Via Kodi On The ADT-1, Same For 4K

Can the native SDK ROM images For The Nexus TV Player/ADT-1 support AC3 DTS 5.1/7.1 Digital sound or 4K H.265 UHD "NO" and I never ever said that it could ..!

"Work Around" For Playing videos/movies with AC3 DTS 5.1/7.1 Digital Sound Without down scaling the digital sound to "STEREO" is by using Kodi via your AVR ..! You can do the same thing via Kodi with 4K videos/movies without down scaling your videos/movies to 1080p ..!

It seems that everybody knows this, but the above poster, he may have been living under a rock or on another planet, since Kodi and AVR's with 4K H.265 UHD video/ movies playback support became available to the public consumer ..!

Comment

I find only this link, indicating that tegra 4 is capable of h.264 4k @24fps. I have searched hard and not find any link or post to indicate that it is enabled as output mode on ADT-1.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

And this post on xda indicating that with the latest ffmpeg update in KODI it will be possible to use software decode for h.265. I would imagine that this is how you are transcoding dts and 7.1 as well. Still not true pass through, or hardware decode h.265 4k at 60fps

I'm very excited to try out XBMC on the Nexus Player, for those of you who don't know what that is, we released a custom version for newbies which works out of the box yesterday...

But honestly I do not care at all. Your box is cool, mine is cool, now let's hug and move on. Can we please discontinue this ridiculous conversation?

Thanks,
                              -SB

Comment

Kodi Rules

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                                I find only this link, indicating that tegra 4 is capable of h.264 4k @24fps. I have searched hard and not find any link or post to indicate that it is enabled as output mode on ADT-1.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

And this post on xda indicating that with the latest ffmpeg update in KODI it will be possible to use software decode for h.265. I would imagine that this is how you are transcoding dts and 7.1 as well. Still not true pass through, or hardware decode h.265 4k at 60fps

I'm very excited to try out XBMC on the Nexus Player, for those of you who don't know what that is, we released a custom version for newbies which works out of the box yesterday...

But honestly I do not care at all. Your box is cool, mine is cool, now let's hug and move on. Can we please discontinue this ridiculous conversation?

Thanks,
                                -SB
                                Guy come on now, I have never ever said anything about the ADT-1 decoding AC3 DTS 5.1/7.1 digital sound or 4K videos/movies playback support ... I already said it cannot do it, but can be done via Kodi and a AVR with 4K H.265 UHD support, that's the work around dude ...

Kodi even has the settings built-in for AC3 DTS 5.1/7.1 digital sound pass through ... The new latest Kodi also has the 4K H.265 decoding built-in via the {MPEG 2.4.4}.... Every ROM builder on this forum will verify what I'm saying above is true ..!

The Next Generation of Video Codecs

To begin, Kodi has been updated to use FFmpeg 2.4.4. For users, this means Kodi will now be capable of playing back h.265 (also known as HEVC) and VP9 video codecs. The use of HEVC and VP9 could result in dramatically smaller video files sizes with exactly the same level of quality. A 40 GB file could be compressed to 20 GB. Users with particularly large libraries or interest in 4K video may be especially likely to appreciate this update. Software support for the VP9 video codec is also included.

Comment

Working...
                                X