Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bother, it's garbage.

A friend just picked one up and what a pos. Tried to watch some 720p mkv tv shows off a portable hd via usb. Choke. Started to play fine but the colors were off then it crashed. Hmm tried some others same thing and the video wasn't that smooth. Thought ok maybe it's just choking on the portable drive. So we tried the youtube app that cam with it. That played fine for about 20 mins then......you guessed it crash and self reboot......really samsung you were trying to sell this cr_p for 300? No wonder you dropped the price to 99. Of course its not worth that ether. Taking this one right back. Oh tried to update this thing over the air and it said "this device has been modified and can't be updated". lol wow great support.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish600 View Post
      I'm sorry is it ok if I leave it up?
      Sure no problem. Anyway thanks for posting it here as well since I forgot to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Kajukenbo View Post
        A friend just picked one up and what a pos. Tried to watch some 720p mkv tv shows off a portable hd via usb. Choke. Started to play fine but the colors were off then it crashed. Hmm tried some others same thing and the video wasn't that smooth. Thought ok maybe it's just choking on the portable drive. So we tried the youtube app that cam with it. That played fine for about 20 mins then......you guessed it crash and self reboot......really samsung you were trying to sell this cr_p for 300? No wonder you dropped the price to 99. Of course its not worth that ether. Taking this one right back. Oh tried to update this thing over the air and it said "this device has been modified and can't be updated". lol wow great support.
        Hi, I'm using this with the MJ3 firmware everday for watching stufff and it's actually pretty good. It's much better than any other TV stick you could find. I've never had problems in playing 720p or even 1080p content from youtube or using XBMC or other media player. You might have too much fragmentation in your USB drive or maybe the content is not that good, or maybe the firmware is too old. I recommend trying with something new.

Comment

Thanks fastguy. You might be right. Do you have a link for that update? I Couldn't find one anywhere. All I could get from the Samsung site is a download for a manual

Comment

Originally posted by Kajukenbo View Post
            Thanks fastguy. You might be right. Do you have a link for that update? I Couldn't find one anywhere. All I could get from the Samsung site is a download for a manual
            Sure, just search in sammobile.com

You can download any MJ3, such as the one from Turkey or Singapore, etc. Installing this with Odin will make you lose all what's inside the Homesync (including the 1TB drive content), so make sure to backup.

Comment

Originally posted by fastguy View Post
              Sure, just search in sammobile.com

You can download any MJ3, such as the one from Turkey or Singapore, etc. Installing this with Odin will make you lose all what's inside the Homesync (including the 1TB drive content), so make sure to backup.
              Thanks, we'll give that a shot.

Comment

Working...
              X