Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hidroela View Post
    well i just return it.And also trade in my galaxy S4 for a Note 3 (for no money at all) which also have the boot-loader locked but at XDA they manage to root the phone by hex editing the system image to call a script on the sdcard as root.
    This is the link
    I guest those interested in rooting this box should as for help to the person who did it.
    Yes, I've already PMed the thread owner last night to give me a hint on how we could do the same for HomeSync. Waiting for his response.

Comment

Originally posted by fastguy View Post
      Yes, I've already PMed the thread owner last night to give me a hint on how we could do the same for HomeSync. Waiting for his response.
      hope he is able to help us
      the procedure is really simple and safe.I am rooted already (on my phone) and by the way what a bad ass one i love it.

Comment

ok guys i just have been playing with this all week end.
        first impressions.

the good
        build quality is nice.
        it play any thing that it is on my NAS including 1080 videos in mkv,mp4,m2ts you name it.

the bad
        it need to be root it.
        google play is broke, you can only install just a few app. (you can side load what ever you want).
        the homesync app for sync all your stuff from your phone only works on gallaxy note 3, i do have a SG4 and only works partially.(dont know it is because i am using custom rom)
        try xbmc but root is need since i am using this method where you have to put some files in an area where permissions can not be set.

i was able to use odin and flash a newer firmware.
        i am going to keep for two weeks before return it just in case the gurus in here want to help root it.
        this is the firmware
        and this is the boot.img
        if any thing else is/are need it just let me know.

y try superoneclick,kingo,ExynosAbuse,Framaroot trying to root it but all off them fail.

if any body have a question please don't hesitate.

update;
        install a 4.3 custom rom on my phone and now homesync app is working like it is suppose to

Best regards
        HP
        Can you insall apk files manually using usb or bluettoth ? I woukd appreciate u reply ?

Comment

Originally posted by djarben View Post
          Can you insall apk files manually using usb or bluetooth ? I would appreciate u reply ?
          Yes, just connect with usb, enable developer mode (7 times click on build number in about window), enable usb debugging, and you can then install

adb install your_apk_name.apk

xbmc monthly build works well, nothing special.

Comment

Yes, just connect with usb, enable developer mode (7 times click on build number in about window), enable usb debugging, and you can then install

adb install your_apk_name.apk

xbmc monthly build works well, nothing special.
            Thnk you so much ..I just purchased one..as long as I can install manually I dont need play store... what difference does it make to my multimedia stuff? I will be happy for this ... I also bought mele f10 pro should be good mix ... does xbmx work with it in 1080p playback (hardware decoded)?

Comment

Thnk you so much ..I just purchased one..as long as I can install manually I dont need play store... what difference does it make to my multimedia stuff? I will be happy for this ... I also bought mele f10 pro should be good mix ... does xbmx work with it in 1080p playback (hardware decoded)?
              Yeah it's OK. You can install aptoide market and also download all apk's from there. some apps don't work though, like winamp, like chrome, etc.
              yes xbmc can play 1080p with hardware decoding. (anyway these boxes can't play 1080p without hardware decoding at all)

I'm trying to open up the box to see if I can change the hard disk to a larger one and also to play with its ext4 permissions externally. I need to set 777 everywhere as I can't chmod files now, which is a pain for sync programs.

Any idea how this box can be opened without breaking it?

Comment

Yeah it's OK. You can install aptoide market and also download all apk's from there. some apps don't work though, like winamp, like chrome, etc.
                yes xbmc can play 1080p with hardware decoding. (anyway these boxes can't play 1080p without hardware decoding at all)

I'm trying to open up the box to see if I can change the hard disk to a larger one and also to play with its ext4 permissions externally. I need to set 777 everywhere as I can't chmod files now, which is a pain for sync programs.

Any idea how this box can be opened without breaking it?
                Does it work with more tgen 1tb?

Comment

Does it work with more tgen 1tb?
                  I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. The internal disk is ext4 formatted, and since it can read ext4, I think it can use many terrabytes of disks (if it fits to the box!).
                  But I'm afraid to try to open it, I'm not sure where to start and how the box holds together. There doesn't seem to be any screws.

Comment

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. The internal disk is ext4 formatted, and since it can read ext4, I think it can use many terrabytes of disks (if it fits to the box!).
                    But I'm afraid to try to open it, I'm not sure where to start and how the box holds together. There doesn't seem to be any screws.
                    i did try when i have one and it is a PITA
                    first remove the 4 rubber Foot on the bottom part. good luck.

Comment

i did try when i have one and it is a PITA
                      first remove the 4 rubber Foot on the bottom part. good luck.
                      thanks ,that's a good hint! Any other hints you would like to give me? Like if the HDD is soldered onto the board, then no point it opening it Hope it has a socket Anything I need to pay attention when dismantling?

Comment

Re: Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

thanks ,that's a good hint! Any other hints you would like to give me? Like if the HDD is soldered onto the board, then no point it opening it Hope it has a socket Anything I need to pay attention when dismantling?
                        To be honest with you i when as far as removing the bottom part and saw how complicated it would be to keep disassemble it that i quit. Besides i was not planning to keep that POS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

Comment

This is on sale now, 115$, so Im guessing its a good buy at this price?

I want to run sickbeard on it and use the external usb3 for storage, anyone know if this will work?

Comment

Can be rooted!

1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
                            2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
                            http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
                            3) Then read the following post:
                            shell@android:/ $ ls -l /system/bin/su ls -l /system/bin/su -rwsr-sr-x root root 311900 2013-11-13 14:50 su shell@android:/ $ su -v su -v su invoked. 13 com.koushikdutta.superuser shell@android:/ $...

and download the following supersu update:
                            http://download.clockworkmod.com/sup.../superuser.zip
                            4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
                            5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
                            6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
                            7) run saferoot, let it do its job

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish600 View Post
                              1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
                              2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
                              http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
                              3) Then read the following post:
                              shell@android:/ $ ls -l /system/bin/su ls -l /system/bin/su -rwsr-sr-x root root 311900 2013-11-13 14:50 su shell@android:/ $ su -v su -v su invoked. 13 com.koushikdutta.superuser shell@android:/ $...

and download the following supersu update:
                              http://download.clockworkmod.com/sup.../superuser.zip
                              4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
                              5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
                              6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
                              7) run saferoot, let it do its job
                              Kingfish600, I think you know that when you copy paste from someone else's post, you need to give the credit and state where it is coming from. (the method you posted is actually written by me)

Here is the original post in XDA.
                              so i will start off by saying i was disappointed when i got this device because i thought it had full access to the Google play store when only 5% or less apps work, none of which i want (Netflix, hulu, plex etc. not there) i was looking for this...

Thanks.

Comment

Kingfish600, I think you know that when you copy paste from someone else's post, you need to give the credit and state where it is coming from. (the method you posted is actually written by me)

Here is the original post in XDA.
                                so i will start off by saying i was disappointed when i got this device because i thought it had full access to the Google play store when only 5% or less apps work, none of which i want (Netflix, hulu, plex etc. not there) i was looking for this...

Thanks.
                                I'm sorry is it ok if I leave it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X