• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miss your link sorry

Comment

device is on 4.2.2

Comment

install a 4.3 custom rom on my phone and now homesync app is working like it is suppose to

Comment

that nexus root toolkit does not work

Comment

Originally posted by hidroela View Post

the bad
            it need to be root it.
            I'm exactly in the same situation. Box is good, build quality is great, GigEth & optical audio works perfectly. However, I also spend the full last week on trying to root it. Whatever I do, editing boot.img, re-building pre-rooted system.img, finding its B9150 root kernel's from Chinese websites etc. nothing works.

When it comes to flashing the images I build, Odin always FAILS at the end. I guess it has a locked bootloader. What a pity!

As such I'm unable to exploit all its power, can't use it for backups as utilities can't change file modification times on the 1TB ext4 disk. Can run some servers but not at the port they are supposed to work as we don't have root. etc. etc.

Very frustrated I'm also wishing someone to break its locks then we'll have a perfect device!

PS. I got it on a 2nd hand website (but unused) for 220$.

Comment

Re: looks like a new sheriff in town!!!!

Originally posted by fastguy View Post
              I'm exactly in the same situation. Box is good, build quality is great, GigEth & optical audio works perfectly. However, I also spend the full last week on trying to root it. Whatever I do, editing boot.img, re-building pre-rooted system.img, finding its B9150 root kernel's from Chinese websites etc. nothing works.

When it comes to flashing the images I build, Odin always FAILS at the end. I guess it has a locked bootloader. What a pity!

As such I'm unable to exploit all its power, can't use it for backups as utilities can't change file modification times on the 1TB ext4 disk. Can run some servers but not at the port they are supposed to work as we don't have root. etc. etc.

Very frustrated I'm also wishing someone to break its locks then we'll have a perfect device!

PS. I got it on a 2nd hand website (but unused) for 220$.

I won't be buying it if price won't go down and root is archived

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: looks like a new sheriff in town!!!!

Originally posted by hidroela View Post
                I won't be buying it if price won't go down and root is archived

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
                I heard it was locked up tight. Thanks for the updates.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
                  I heard it was locked up tight. Thanks for the updates.
                  Where did you hear it? I'm trying to find a forum where people can discuss this box but theres none, not even -yet- in XDA.

Btw, I managed to get file modification times right when I attached an exFAT formatted USB Stick to the box. So this at least sorts out a shortcoming. (But there are many without root!)

Comment

Btw, can the thread owner change the subject to "Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150" maybe to attract more people to the thread?

Comment

Btw, can the thread owner change the subject to "Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150" maybe to attract more people to the thread?
                      Done

Comment

can any of the guys who owns the box try to move the Helicopter.mp4 video to a NAS and try to streaming to the box.
                        also move it to your phone and try to mirroring to the box.
                        also i would like other to try to do the same on what ever android player you have. and post back results.
                        this is the video for download

on my case the streaming to the box was like slow motion and on the mirroring worst.

this thing is going back to BB. today sorry guys.

Comment

Thanks for renaming the thread

I'll download and try it when I reach home in a few hours. I did not have issues playing a 720p and 1080p video before from my home server, through SMB access of ES File Explorer with native video player or with XBMC Eden's native smb access.

Comment

Thanks for renaming the thread

I'll download and try it when I reach home in a few hours. I did not have issues playing a 720p and 1080p video before from my home server, through SMB access of ES File Explorer with native video player or with XBMC Eden's native smb access.
                            i don't have problems neither playing like avatar or king Kong in 1080

Comment

Re: Samsung HomeSync GT-B9150

Where did you hear it? I'm trying to find a forum where people can discuss this box but theres none, not even -yet- in XDA.

Btw, I managed to get file modification times right when I attached an exFAT formatted USB Stick to the box. So this at least sorts out a shortcoming. (But there are many without root!)
                              Limacsg mentioned it in " life after rockchip" thread

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

well i just return it.And also trade in my galaxy S4 for a Note 3 (for no money at all) which also have the boot-loader locked but at XDA they manage to root the phone by hex editing the system image to call a script on the sdcard as root.
                                This is the link
                                I guest those interested in rooting this box should as for help to the person who did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X