How to flash without OTG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to flash without OTG?

Both the OTG and Power Supply Port on my MX1 were broken long time ago. I am currently powering it through the USB port with a powered USB hub. I just want to get prepared in case I need to flash it again. Is it possible to flash it without the OTG port?

Thank you,

Assuming its an rk processor then Within limits if you have clockwork recovery then yes. If you are rooted and a clockwork recovery is available for your device then you shod be able to first install clockwork and then flash.

Limits, then new images must be compatible with your current ROM.

From a safety point of view you would need a recovery with embedded kernel.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      Assuming its an rk processor then Within limits if you have clockwork recovery then yes. If you are rooted and a clockwork recovery is available for your device then you shod be able to first install clockwork and then flash.

Limits, then new images must be compatible with your current ROM.

From a safety point of view you would need a recovery with embedded kernel.

Are you talking about saving the ROM image on the SD card and reboot to let the iMito to flash by itself? It seems it won't work if the iMito is dead and can't boot up itself.

Comment

No I use clockwork recovery to flash updates to my ROMs on my tablets. saves me having to boot to windows.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

No I use clockwork recovery to flash updates to my ROMs on my tablets. saves me having to boot to windows.
          It sounds that it won't work for me since I don't have the Clockwork Recovery installed. Thank you.

Comment

What device do you have and is it rooted?

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

What device do you have and is it rooted?

I have the iMito MX1 using Finless ROM 1.7b. It is rooted. Thank you.

Comment

I think leolas has probably done a clockwork recovery for that. if so you should be able to download to the device and then flsh it from a terminal session. it should then be possible to flash an updated ROM.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I think leolas has probably done a clockwork recovery for that. if so you should be able to download to the device and then flsh it from a terminal session. it should then be possible to flash an updated ROM.

I will look into details. Appreciate all your advice and patience.

Comment

Working...
                  X