No announcement yet.

Matchstick ROM ported to original MK808B [Firefox OS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thnk when i was playing around with the first post that i used a 720 to get full screen
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

i don't know which kernel is included. i used the image from post #37 from BalintBanyasz.

Comment

Originally posted by jayp76 View Post
        i don't know which kernel is included. i used the image from post #37 from BalintBanyasz.
        Bad luck for me. I have tried both images but still no full screen on my Samsung LED.

Any workaround ?

Comment

1080p kernel

Hi,

These ROMs use the latest stock kernel available for the original MK808B (v409j2404) which is a 720p kernel. I've patched it to 1080p but I don't have a 1080p screen to test it.

You can find both the 1080p and the stock 720p kernel here:
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Regards,
          Balint

Originally posted by jayp76 View Post
          thx BalintBanyasz for your latest rom. Connection with the original 808B is working.
          Throwing youtube videos is working. 2 things i encountered, no fullscreen on LG 29" monitor and throwing videos via bubbleupnp does not work. Does matchstick run in 720p? I'll try another tv set. Bubbleupnp would have priority for me. But i think this might be a Bubbleupnp problem, except matchstick did not implement chromecast protocol correctly. Keep up the good work.
          Originally posted by vickzone View Post
          Bad luck for me. I have tried both images but still no full screen on my Samsung LED.

Any workaround ?
          iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
          MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Fullscreen issue

Hey guys. I noticed something interesting regarding the fullscreen issue. I had flashed the images a few times already, but each time I ran the stick, the screen would only fill about 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen, anchored in the upper left. Today I flashed the image again and this time the screen was full 720p.

I've tried to figure out what I did differently. I think it has to do with the first boot and connecting to the display. Previously, after the flashing was complete, I would unplug the stick and take it over to my TV, then plug it back in. This time, I dragged the TV over and plugged in the stick without powering it off.

I know that the stick reboots after the flashing is completed, so maybe I had interrupted some first-boot setup process when I had pulled the plug the previous 3 times. I might test this a few times to see if it keeps happening.

tl;dr if you aren't getting fullscreen on your TV, try flashing again and don't disconnect the stick during the first boot until you've plugged it into your TV.

Let us know if that helps anyone.

*** Edit: tried this on an 808B and it didn't work; still getting the tiny image. Turns out the one that worked was just an 808, no B.

Also noticed that if you go into the app on your tablet/phone and adjust the image scale slider, you can make the image fill the screen for a split second before it snaps back to the small size. Weird.
            Last edited by DasBub; 01-07-2015, 23:03.

Comment

Matchstick ROM ported to original MK808B [Firefox OS]

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post
              Hi,

These ROMs use the latest stock kernel available for the original MK808B (v409j2404) which is a 720p kernel. I've patched it to 1080p but I don't have a 1080p screen to test it.

You can find both the 1080p and the stock 720p kernel here:
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Regards,
              Balint
              Thanks for the kernel and finally it's fullscreen. I

Comment

Working...
              X