Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808-how to enable the screen rotation

Hello,

I have just found a problem. I have an app, the screen should be set to the portrait orientation, but it won´t work in the ROM. I have tried the latest MK808 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0, but it it doesn't work either. Has someone an idea to solve the problem?

Which app?

Comment

All the apps that need screen rotation.

Comment

In my ROMs you can force a rotation using build.prop
        ro.fs.rotation=

However auto rotation is disabled in ALL TV ROMs to keep apps from rotating! People do not want a rotated screen on a TV!

It can be enabled though via code changes.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just trying to figure out which apps look better in portrait on the TV...? I have an app that will ONLY do portrait on my tablets, but shows properly in landscape on the 808B.

Comment

Originally posted by Midniteoyl View Post
            Just trying to figure out which apps look better in portrait on the TV...? I have an app that will ONLY do portrait on my tablets, but shows properly in landscape on the 808B.
            BBC Radio is an example of an app where important controls are offscreen in ladscape mode https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.bbcRadio

Comment

Originally posted by t-bon3 View Post
              BBC Radio is an example of an app where important controls are offscreen in ladscape mode https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.bbcRadio
              Ahhh... I see! Thanks.. Will be on the look out

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                In my ROMs you can force a rotation using build.prop
                ro.fs.rotation=

However auto rotation is disabled in ALL TV ROMs to keep apps from rotating! People do not want a rotated screen on a TV!

It can be enabled though via code changes.

Bob
                Hello Bob,

I have added it to the build.prop but it still dosen´t work. Did I miss something?

Comment

Me too would enable the auto-rotate for some applications. (ex VideoMediaset italy app)
                  On my Nexus 7, the application starts in portrait, but when I select the fullscreen, remaining in landscape, the video looks good and is optimized for the landscape.
                  Sull'MK808B is set with ro.fs.hwrotation = 270 and fakerotatione = true.
                  The application starts in landscape (but is not suitable for landscape) so it is enlarged and you can not scroll down to select the fullscreen video.
                  I tried to rotate 0,90,180,270: D and fakerotation = true and false, all combinations, but without a good result.

Is there a way to keep the MK808 as a Tablet giving the opportunity to start in portrait for some applications?
                  But most important thing is there a way to run the various applications that are on Playstore for the rotation (and forcing)?

Sorry for my bad English: D
                  Last edited by Mandrake2; 04-17-2013, 17:05.

Comment

I solved the problem. What we should change in the build.prop is not ro.fs.rotation= but ro.fs.hwrotation=.

Comment

it is not ro.fs.rotation, it is Always hwrotation in build.prop, but you can only rotate in landscape or portrait. We have need .jar modified in framework for enable true rotation.

Comment

I read (I hope not to have misunderstood) that the stock rom dell'MK908 4.1.1 it is possible to use the app from playstore for rotation.
                        Is there a way to import the rom sull'MK808B? or compare the framework to enable the rotation (on request)?

Comment

Working...
                        X