Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809II or fake? Wireless not working

Hello,

I bought an MK809II stick from aliexpress and because the wifi signal was pretty bad and the android was a bit slowly i decided to put a new rom on it. After instaled Finless 1.7a rom the wifi and bluetooth not worked anymore. After that tryed different roms but the wifi doesnt worked with any of them. I'm started to think that its not the genuine MK809II, i attached some pictures with it, maybe you can help me with an working rom/kernel for it.

Thanks in advance !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140103_110503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	438794Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140103_110635.jpg
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	438795Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140103_110647.jpg
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	438796

AP6210

WIFI and BT won't work because it has AP6210 chip. I'm also have stick with AP6210 and I can't make it work.

Comment

The one I have is branded as an R-BOX ( uses a RK3066 with AP6210 WiFi/BT chipset )...

Here is a link to the ROM I used to get my WiFi/BT working again after mistakenly flashing the wrong ROM for it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/1glfmhuj0g...30828_V1.0.rar

This ROM is rooted but doesn't include a superuser app... so after flashing just download SuperSU or similar from the Google Play store, run it and let it update the SU on the ROM and you should be good to go.

Another user used the first one listed in the following ( they didn't say what brand it was ) and stated it worked for them http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html

Mine required that I flash it in Mask mode... in otherwords disconnect from the PSU, using a paperclip push the reset button in the hole as you plug in the OTG USB cable while hooked up to your computer that you have the drivers installed for it in...

@SSD... You questioned, since you thought it was for an 8Gb Nand, if it would work on your 4Gb in another thread... I don't think that part matters and even if it does... you'd just reflash with the ROM you used previously if it does fail.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
        The one I have is branded as an R-BOX ( uses a RK3066 with AP6210 WiFi/BT chipset )...

Here is a link to the ROM I used to get my WiFi/BT working again after mistakenly flashing the wrong ROM for it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/1glfmhuj0g...30828_V1.0.rar

This ROM is rooted but doesn't include a superuser app... so after flashing just download SuperSU or similar from the Google Play store, run it and let it update the SU on the ROM and you should be good to go.

Another user used the first one listed in the following ( they didn't say what brand it was ) and stated it worked for them http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html

Mine required that I flash it in Mask mode... in otherwords disconnect from the PSU, using a paperclip push the reset button in the hole as you plug in the OTG USB cable while hooked up to your computer that you have the drivers installed for it in...

@SSD... You questioned, since you thought it was for an 8Gb Nand, if it would work on your 4Gb in another thread... I don't think that part matters and even if it does... you'd just reflash with the ROM you used previously if it does fail.
        Flashed, but no hope. BT worked one time and thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
          Flashed, but no hope. BT worked one time and thats all.

If the Wifi and/or BT is able to be enabled/disabled.... then that portion of the ROM is working whether or not if you can connect to a router or another device. It won't be a matter of just once and then quits... it either works or not. It is possible that the flash didn't go well and that re-flashing can help if something was slightly corrupted during the first flash.

The connection staying connected is then another issue unrelated to if it is the correct ROM or not... with the correct ROM, factors such as interference and device incompatibilities will come into play that could block a connection being made. I'll go through my own thinking process if I were having the issue... maybe it will help if you aren't as familiar with networking things.

First determine if the ROM may need reflashed or not. Usually... as I mentioned... if you can enable/disable the WiFi/BT... then that should tell you if it's the correct ROM. If they do enable/disable I'd likely just go to the next steps to see if interference is causing the trouble or not. There still remains a very little chance that the flash may have corrupted just a few drivers ( because of a bad flash ) and the actual WiFi / BT is ok... but it would be unusual... in this latter possibility you could try to reflash just to find out.

Interference issues... The WiFi, BT and 2.4Ghz wireless receivers ( for keyboard, mice etc ) all are working in the 2.4Ghz frequencies... they are in different frequency ranges but if they are close together, they could still interfere with each other in some cases. PS... cordless telephones also could interfere just so you know. So if you can enable the WiFi and then see that WiFi connections are available but can not connect... disable the BT, or 2.4 wireless receiver ( if you added one ) or any close by cordless telephone... then see if you can connect with the WiFi or not. The same method can be used to test the bluetooth... disable the WiFi and other components just for testing and see if you can see other BT devices or not. If the problem seems to be from an external 2.4Ghz receiver for a keyboard or mouse... get a USB extention cable and use that to move the receiver away from the internal WiFi/BT. If you have other cordless telephones that may be causing it... also move them away from your Android, routers and/or other bluetooth devices that you may be trying to connect to.

Once you have eliminated any possible interference issues that you can ( you can't eliminate the possible internal WiFi/BT interference if it exists )... then all that is left are compatibility issues. Sometimes two devices just won't work with each other but they can work with other brands or models. You may be able to check if your router has a newer firmware that could help... but other than that there is little you can do to "fix" it other than use other devices.

Comment

Hi, I have bought a mini android mk809ii. It have the same problem. I fixed the wifi by put the antena to outside. the bluetooth is still unstable.

Comment

Working...
            X