OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by userx View Post
    This Rom will work on mk808 but you will not have working wifi.
    Flashing the kernel only might work. But I don't have an mk808 to confirm this.

Worst case scenario is you would end up in boot loop and would have to
    manually short the pins. Forcing you to manually reset the device.
    If you do know how to recover from boot loop, go for it.
    If you don't, do not try it.

Wouldnt the kernel be responsible for the wifi anyway? If anyone has trouble getting into flash mode, just reboot into bootloader with the reboot app. Your screen will be black but it will flash fine. By the way, I just flashed the slighly overclocked version and it is noticeably faster and more responsive. With Go LauncherEx tablet version it doesnt lag anymore at all. Thanks for the hard work guys! Without you this device would be garbage

Comment

If I hide the notification bar, how do I bring it back up? Opening settings doesnt bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by 123421342 View Post
        If I hide the notification bar, how do I bring it back up? Opening settings doesnt bring it back.
        It's in the first post and in the txt file

7) I give you the HIDE STATUS BAR feature BUILT IN!
        On the status bar is a DOWN arrow icon. Click it and status bar is gone!
        To bring it back just go into settings and it will pop back up.

Comment

Amazing ROM + video

Thank Finless and spasiba 2dark4u. Great ROM. I was upgrading from 1.6 ---> 1.7 . I went for the 1.2GHZ and 720p. Everything seems to work ok and the unit is faaaast but warmer then before. Here is the video how did I do it:

This video is slightly different then the steps in the ReadMe file. The reason is that I already installed the Rockchip drivers and I am upgrading from a pre...

I will test further.

Comment

bad audio

Kernel 1080 CPU 1272 GPU 466

I can hear sound glitches and something as a corupted echo in all videos and even in system sound (notification etc...) Tried at least 5 different PSU 5-5,5V 1-3A with different antutu benchmark score, one PSU caused antutu benchmark reboot, but on all audio bugs persist.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanne View Post
              Kernel 1080 CPU 1272 GPU 466

I can hear sound glitches and something as a corupted echo in all videos and even in system sound (notification etc...) Tried at least 5 different PSU 5-5,5V 1-3A with different antutu benchmark score, one PSU caused antutu benchmark reboot, but on all audio bugs persist.
              I had the same problem but after removing the stock HDMI cable it worked perfect.

Comment

screen flickering

Any kind of solution the screen flickering in kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120?

I am left over the kernel_720_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120 is more faster then kernel1080, Antutu score 10100.
                Last edited by muchacoado; 12-03-2012, 11:26.

Comment

hello I am Italian
                  I put as system setup Italy
                  but for example in my browser when I first found the site in English ....
                  What should I set?
                  thanks

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7 - true 1080 and overclock - AND best performance ever!

is it possible that my TV does not have 1080... after upgrading to 1.7 I get an error message on my TV. it wants me to reduce the resolution. I've been plugged the machine into a more modern television at work fine.. am I limited to running 1.6 on this machine and TV combination?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by growgeek View Post
                      is it possible that my TV does not have 1080... after upgrading to 1.7 I get an error message on my TV. it wants me to reduce the resolution. I've been plugged the machine into a more modern television at work fine.. am I limited to running 1.6 on this machine and TV combination?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                      Yes that is possible maybe it is only HD ready, in that case you can use the 720p version of 1.7

Comment

1080i

for people, like me, who own a TV HDready, with 720p, 1080i, support, but with NO support for 1080p, ...
                        there is a chance to configure 1080i resolution?

thanks in advance
                        Last edited by julen163; 12-03-2012, 14:41.

Comment

great rom!!

is it possible to flash in to mk802 III ?

seem they are same hardwares?

Comment

Originally posted by julen163 View Post
                            for people, like me, who own a TV HDready, with 720p, 1080i, support, but with NO support for 1080p, ...

thanks in advance

1080i is actually 540p, therefore 720p is the best for you

Comment

insmod

Alex or Bob,
                              I can't get my external wifi usb dongle to work

I know it's rt73
                              so I installed a terminal, turned off wifi and then:

1. su
                              2. insmod /system/lib/modules/rt73usb.ko

But I get this error
                              insmod: init_module 'rt73usb.ko' failed (Exec format error)

Maybe these drivers aren't for this kernel?

I also tried adding it to init but I'm not sure how to disable the integrated chip and use the rt73.
                              Last edited by gabb; 12-03-2012, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by julen163 View Post

thanks in advance
                                I have some strange experience with the resolution on a UG802 as my monitor supports 1080i as well. So after flashing the 1080p kernel it shows the image for a few seconds then goes blank, then again a few seconds then blank. However I managed to navigate to the HDMI settings and set the resolution to 720p and it started working correctly. Then I connected the unit to my TV - that supports 1080p - and it shows that the input is 720p. After changing the resolution back to 1080p it shows 1080p and no blanking can be observed.

Comment

Working...
                                X