Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIFI Issue

Hi,

I followed all steps and updated my UG802 without any errors, but the WIFI is not working now!
    Any idea on how to fix it?

This is the one I got: http://dx.com/p/165873

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by sleimanzublidi; 12-11-2012, 03:18.

Comment

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
      I can release kernel pack with fixed sound problem. (on some TV's 5.1 -7.1 is working. tested by 4pda users)
      thats great news, thanks a lot for release

Originally posted by morth123 View Post
      Can you pls include https://github.com/fpicarougne/raspb...-multitouch.ko in your next release for dell st2220t touchscreen
      Did you try copy module in system/lib/module and then
      Code:
      su
      insmod hid-multitouch
      in terminal?

Originally posted by sleimanzublidi View Post
      Hi,
      I followed all steps and updated my UG802 without any errors, but the WIFI is not working now!
      Any idea on how to fix it?
      don't use stock power source! Use another - at least 5V 2A PSU. Do you have antenna fix? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ctional-Video!

Comment

Status bar gone?

Hello, i installed the ROM, but i dont know how but my bottom status bar gone away, and i don't know how to bring it back, could anyone please help me?
        Thank you very much since now

Comment

i think you just open up your settings and it comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanne View Post
            thats great news, thanks a lot for release
            don't use stock power source! Use another - at least 5V 2A PSU. Do you have antenna fix? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ctional-Video!
            I already try two different power sources (ipad and kindle) without success.
            When I try to turn wifi on, it just go off right away.
            Is there a way of check what is the error?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7 - true 1080 and overclock - AND best performance ever!

This is a common problem with this unit. For me if pull up reboot menu an click power off to reboot and if I have Grey bars after reboot I go to settings, and turn off wifi wait a couple seconds and turn it back on, and solves issue for me every time.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Choppy video playback, Video Frame Rate vs Screen Refresh Rate

Hello,

I have an UG802 with Finless/2dark4u 1.7 rom and it is working great finally, thanks to Finless and 2dark4u!
                However I experienced choppy video playback with some videos, why?

First, my device is connected to the TV via HDMI. In screen settings on UG802 you can choose between various HDMI modes, like (there's more but these are important for us now):

720p 50Hz
                720p 60Hz
                1080p 24Hz
                1080p 50Hz
                1080p 60Hz

Obiously if you choose a 50Hz refresh rate the device will produce 50 frames / sec on the HDMI output.

Every video has a framerate which was choosen at the time of the encoding, typical values are, 23.976 (23.98), 24, 25, 29.97 and 30. It means that a video encoded with 25 fps will show 25 pictures in a second durng playback.

If the HDMI refresh rate is not in pair with video fps, the playback will be choppy
                HDMI 24 Hz -> Video 23.976 fps, 24 fps
                HDMI 50 Hz -> Video 25 fps
                HDMI 60 Hz -> Video 29.97 fps, 30 fps

Now the problems:

1) In Finless/2dark4u 1.7 there's some problem with 1080p 24Hz HDMI mode, some strange flickering appear. My TV is a Samsung UE40EH5000 with the lastest firmware. Is it just me or is it common?

2) I did not find any video player what can adjust HDMI refresh rate according to the played video's frame rate. Is there any video player for android which can do that? If there isn't then android is unfortunately unable to function as a video player...

Thanks,
                Pal

Comment

sd card updat img

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Wow all.... what can I say?
                  This ROM was made by Alex and I just for you all! Talk about a labor of love for the hobby we both enjoy!
                  Alex (2dark4u) and I over the last week have been up super late every night to work on this. Realize PLEASE... I am in USA California and Alex is in Ukrain... We are on the other side of the world!
                  To work live together both of us have stayed up to VERY late hours MANY days!

So with that said... If you like this ROM. Please donate! You have no idea how many man hours went into this creation! Also, Alex does not have a donate link yet. So if you donate to me and want donations to go to Alex, Please put that in your donate comments on paypal! I will make sure Alex gets it!

Downloads..... So we at FreakTab cannot afford to host ROM downloads anymore. We in fact have moved to a new hosting company for the web site. Special thanks to Trunk Rainer (neomode) for keeping us alive! We just have not had enough donations or advertisers to pay the bandwidth bills!
                  So please help us to help you by donating!
                  The ROM dev's here will now be putting ROMs on Goggle Drive, DropBox, etc. But as you know these can be overwhelmed with downloads! So our policy has changed. FEEL FREE to put our roms UNCHANGED on mirriors!

Thank you all for your support!

NOW onto what this ROM kit is.....

This is ALL in the readme of the download!

Release Notes:
                  This was made from the latest Ugoos ROM for system.img but with a custom kernel by Alex (2dark4u).
                  There are a huge amount of changes in this ROM. See below for features.

WARNING TO ALL!!!!
                  In this ROM kit are custom kernels for overclock.
                  Some will burn out your UG802 if you do not have a heatsink on the processor!
                  SO BE CAREFUL which you choose. I did my best to explain in the README.txt for instructions on what to do!
                  DO NOT BLAME ME OR Alex (2dark4u) IF YOU BURN UP YOUR UG802!!!!

This ROM is YOUR responsibility if you flash this. YOUR WARRANTY is voided for sure!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Features in 1.7 ROM:

The BIG feature! TRUE 1080P resolution if you want it!

1) A choice of custom kernels with Overclock support and FULL 1080P resolution!
                  WARNING! Be careful which kernel you choose for overclock!
                  Without a heatsink on the processor you CAN BURN OUT YOUR UG802!!!!
                  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

2) OC Kernels are also provided for 720p for users that do not have a TV with 1080.
                  See instructions IN THE ROM KEY README for deciding which kernel and boot.img to flash!

3) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SuperUser.apk

4) FULL Goole Play store! Thanks for tips from 2dark4u this enables full market in regions like Ukrain!
                  For instance, onlive APP should now show in Google Play!

5) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store, GMS Core, Youtube, Gmail, etc.
                  However Google Search is not updated as the latest cannot be a system APP. So update that once you are running.

6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

7) I give you the HIDE STATUS BAR feature BUILT IN!
                  On the status bar is a DOWN arrow icon. Click it and status bar is gone!
                  To bring it back just go into settings and it will pop back up.

8) I give you the TV Browser we have seen in other uGoos ROMs. So this ROM like all my ROMs has both launchers!

9) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
                  Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
                  If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

10) User APP space by default was only 512MB.
                  I have now given you 2 parameter files to chose from! A 1GB APP space and a 2GB APP space choice!
                  By default the 1GB is chosen in the flash tool. This leaves 1.67GB Internal SDcard.
                  You can choose the 2GB parameter file which will leave you with only 670MB Internal SDcard.
                  The choice is yours!
                  So, if you flash this ROM using the PC based flash tool, you get more APP space. However, using
                  the SDcard update.img method for this ROM still leaves you with 504MB. Update.img from SDcard cannot
                  repartition the memory space. So if you want the larger APP space, use the PC flash tool.
                  To choose the 2GB parameter file, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of the parameter line.
                  A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the parameter2gb file.
                  YOU MUST ERASE NAND (IDB) for this to work!

11) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module as well as the XML file tweaks to support other game controllers.

12) I also added cifs.ko and md4.ko BUT! I have not tested them myself! So you all need to let me know CIFS works or not.

INSTRUCTIONS!
                  The insturstions for how to flash and use kernels is in the readme of the download!
                  READ THEM before you ask questions!

OK so here is the ROM download. It is on my Google Drive account!
                  I expect this to be overwhlemed by downloads and CUT OFF by Google!....
                  So users that got it PLEASE post mirriors for others!

As I said above, Freaktab has not gotten enough donations or advertisers to pay for direct downloads anymore! So we now have to use free file sharing sites

ROM DOWNLOAD -> ug802 2dark4u/Finless 1.7 ROM (247 megs)

I hope you enjoy this KICK ASS ROM! Well Alex and I thnk it is kick ass
                  You let us know!

Bob
                  Hello Bob can you please upload the sd card udate img for this rom my usb is broken of so I can not update wiht my pc thank you for your work on the ug802 greatings from Holland.

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Great rom thanks for your hard work :-)

Comment

Neo G4

Hi fin,

Thanks for your work.

Can we load this image on Neo-G4, as it uses almost same hardware as UG802.

I have attached dmesg from my device.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeanne View Post
                        Did you try copy module in system/lib/module and then
                        Code:
                        su
                        insmod hid-multitouch
                        in terminal?

Hi Jeanne, Thanks for your reply.

I tried copying the hid-multitouch.ko to /system/lib/modules and ran insmod command. Its not successful. I got below error
                        insmod: init_module 'hid-multitouch.ko' failed (Exec format error)

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi,

I have tried this ROM on my new MK802 III. It works fine.
                          But it doesn't work with my USB hub.
                          In fact, the official firmware as well doesn't work with my USB hub. But the hub works fine with old original MK802.
                          So what's the problem with MK802 III ? is it hardware or software ?

thx.

Comment

Solution auto mount cifs manager

I've found a solution for the auto mount problem of cifs manager its called the app mount mamager found in the google play store with this app you can remount your shares when a wifi connection is made this way you don't need auto mount on start up anymore

Greets Joël

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5570 met Tapatalk

Comment

WIFI won't turn on

Help please,

Since I updated I can't get the WiFi cannot be turned on. It will turn on then off right away.

Comment

Originally posted by sleimanzublidi View Post
                                Help please,

Since I updated I can't get the WiFi cannot be turned on. It will turn on then off right away.
                                Have you tried powering from a computer? I had that issue when running the stock power supply but when I used a computer, Playstation, TV, Blackberry Playbook charger, iPad charger they all work very stable

Comment

Working...
                                X