OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless,

Have you considered an out of the box solution to swap the "external sd" with the "internal sd?" I'm using a third party app that runs on bootup because I'd much rather have my 16gb sd card as /sdcard as opposed to the 1.7gb originally there. This would also be of use to folks who wanted a huge app area.

Comment

Originally posted by kimdrummel View Post
      Hi guys!

I was gonna install a heatsink to my UG802 CPU for the purpose of running it at 1.6 ghz with this rom. But when i opened the case, i accidentally ruined a resistor on the CPU side of the board.
      It would be awesome if someone knew what resistance this has so that i could replace it. Maybe someone with and opened UG802 could measure it with a multimeter? I'm guessing it's for the Mali, since i am not getting a picture when booting it up. Note that i am still running the Finless 1.4 rom, since i haven't gotten around to this one yet. So it does not have anything to do with ruined flash or something like that.

Picture of the resistor location
      It's 1k resistor (1 kilo ohm)

Comment

ciao ragazzi
        io ho spesso problemi con la wifi...
        a volte non riesco nemmeno ad accenderla dalle impostazioni.
        clicco e non succede nulla
        a volte sparisce da sola???

aiuto!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello guys
        I have often problems with the wifi ...
        sometimes I can not even turn on the settings.
        I click and nothing happens
        sometimes go away by itself??

help!!!!

Comment

Hello
          I need You tube apk for UG802.
          I updateted old from market ,and no more full screen.
          To much errors.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Banx View Post
            Hello
            To much errors.
            Thanks
            go to apps and on youtube click on uninstall upgrades. you will return to stock version

I have the same issue (fullscreen is not working)

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7 - true 1080 and overclock - AND best performance ever!

Originally posted by Banx View Post
              Hello
              To much errors.
              Thanks
              Solved

Now i still got problem with buffering,stoped on half way...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by maxxxy View Post
                ciao ragazzi
                io ho spesso problemi con la wifi...
                a volte non riesco nemmeno ad accenderla dalle impostazioni.
                clicco e non succede nulla
                a volte sparisce da sola???

aiuto!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello guys

help!!!!
                Have you already tried a alternative power source? The stock power adapter is relatively weak.

Comment

hello guys

help!!!!
                  firmware version? It happened with old firmware but it's different on 1.7

Comment

Don't know if this is the cause/solution, but I've found if I reboot the device using the reboot app, wifi won't come back on. Every single time. If I pull then replace the plug, or am starting it cold, wifi works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Onceler View Post
                      Don't know if this is the cause/solution, but I've found if I reboot the device using the reboot app, wifi won't come back on. Every single time. If I pull then replace the plug, or am starting it cold, wifi works perfectly.
                      I have the same problem, but if you use the reboot app by pressing Shutdown (not reboot), restarts and works again just fine!

Comment

Hello
                        2dark4u&Finless

Any progress on non working SOUND on 1080 and 720 kernels???

Only work with stock kernel...
                        Last edited by Banx; 12-28-2012, 12:54.

Comment

wi-fi dont work before put this rom its work

Comment

Yeah my wifi isn't working either after flashing this rom. Gonna try some different USB AC adapters today and see if it gets any better.

Edit: Got wifi working. It was a resistor on the wifi chip that had come loose when i put the thing together with the heatsink on. Now i have a problem with being in a boot loop. Not because of me fiddling with the hardware though. It worked perfectly after i resoldered the resistor on the wifi chip. But then i logged into Play Store. And when i got into it, the UG802 rebooted itself. And when i got into the OS, everything was black with only the bar at the bottom visible, and my mouse arrow going over the screen with a slightly flickering background just behind the arrow when moving it. I tried rebooting the stick again by pulling the power and plugging it in again, and now i am in a boot loop. Is this something that can happen when accessing the Play store? At any rate you might wanna look into it. I'm gonna see if i can get out of the boot loop and reflash the thing..

Edit 2: Got it working as it should, finally. The reason for it to randomly reboot itself when using wifi and apps etc at the same time when clocked at 1.6 ghz was simply that it didn't get enough power. I tried a bunch of AC adapters to no avail. Eventually i went back to using the USB port at the back of my TV, and after that it have been working perfectly.
                            Strange that the TV USB port would deliver more power than my AC adapters though...
                            I guess the flash got damaged when the stick didn't get enough power and caused it to get stuck in boot loop. Just deleted the nand with the flash tool and reflashed it.

Anyway i thought i'd share a picture of how it looks with the heatsink and all. I have also drilled a hole in the back of the case so that i can access the Boot Loop points next to the NAND without having to take it completely apart, just in case.
                            Last edited by kimdrummel; 12-28-2012, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by famewolf View Post
                              Finless,

Have you considered an out of the box solution to swap the "external sd" with the "internal sd?" I'm using a third party app that runs on bootup because I'd much rather have my 16gb sd card as /sdcard as opposed to the 1.7gb originally there. This would also be of use to folks who wanted a huge app area.
                              Agreed... I would like same. Which third party app are you uisng?

Comment

USB controller...

Anyone know of any (which one) USB controllers (xbox/ps3 etc) that will work with this Great ROM? Wife wants to play SMB on MAME but all devices I have (droid mote, keybaods etc..) Don't work well w/this type of game!

Comment

Working...
                                X