OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirVilhelm View Post
    I am sorry if this has been asked already but is there a way to get youtube into full screen?
    you can find the youtube app 4.1.47 on xda. It works in full screen mode. naked browser and puffin browser do the job too with a proper version of flash player available on xda.

Comment

Solved Big Icons

Originally posted by pmatteucci View Post
      Hey Finless and 2dark4u, you guys are amazing!! Thanks so much for this awesome ROM!!
      I noticed in some videos that you can get a "normal" android home screen.
      Mine displays only the large icons (Media, Gallery etc), can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Also I deleted the button from the home screen that links to Youtube and now it doesn't appear in the list of Apps (not sure it did before either). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no avail...

Everything else works amazingly!! Thanks so much! Love it
      Solved part of it, the big icons are due to choosing "LauncherNew" as a launch screen.
      You can get a default Android screen if you select "Launcher" instead.
      Now to reset the ug802
      Still haven't solved youtube tho!

Comment

I am sorry if this has been asked already but is there a way to get youtube into full screen?
        Do you have latest YT version installed? This does not display the FS button on some devices.
        Roll back to YT v4.1.47 from late 2012 that incorporates the FS button.

Comment

Black screen o death HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i followed the instructions and still after it flashed it did not reboot. Now it goes to ug802 boot screen and nothing happens.... I cant even connect it to flash the rom anymore........

Comment

Originally posted by droidnoob View Post
            ok so i followed the instructions and still after it flashed it did not reboot. Now it goes to ug802 boot screen and nothing happens.... I cant even connect it to flash the rom anymore........
            Dude, this is the solution http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo....php?f=12&t=13

Tried it , and it works, the only thing you have to pay special attention, is to do not destroy the UG802 when you open it.

Comment

Works on the MK809

Would just like to say thank you for a wonderful Rom that works on my MK809...

Thanks 2dark4u & Finless

Comment

Install button not working

Hi, great work!!
                I only have a problem now: the "install" button for .apk does not work!
                Googling a bit I found that this is normally caused by screen filter apps like Screen Filter, Juice Defender, 2x Battery or Screen Adjuster.
                There are any of these kind of apps in there?
                It's very annoying, some apps I was previously using are not in the market...
                What can I do?
                Fulvio

Comment

No luck flashing

Gawd damns Im about to set my UG802 on fire. I have flashed 1.4 and 1.6 without any problems but now on the same computer on the same USB port, flash tool reports not found RKAndroid. I tried everything, even stood on my head. So I tried flashing with two other computers and no luck. The other two computers just says problem installing drivers and if I try Update driver, you get error message that the drivers are not for this particular device (tried both 32 and 64bit and Win 7, Vista and XP drivers).

Two computers running Win 7/64bit, one Win7/32bit. I even tried with Moborobo drivers which installed just fine when the UG802 was on recovery mode (using an app to reboot to recovery), but ofcourse those drivers are not compatible with flash tool.

Any ideas what to try next, xcept pouring some gasoline on the damn stick and set it on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
                    Gawd damns Im about to set my UG802 on fire. I have flashed 1.4 and 1.6 without any problems but now on the same computer on the same USB port, flash tool reports not found RKAndroid. I tried everything, even stood on my head. So I tried flashing with two other computers and no luck. The other two computers just says problem installing drivers and if I try Update driver, you get error message that the drivers are not for this particular device (tried both 32 and 64bit and Win 7, Vista and XP drivers).

Two computers running Win 7/64bit, one Win7/32bit. I even tried with Moborobo drivers which installed just fine when the UG802 was on recovery mode (using an app to reboot to recovery), but ofcourse those drivers are not compatible with flash tool.

Any ideas what to try next, xcept pouring some gasoline on the damn stick and set it on fire.
                    I went through the same frustration as you are with my kr802 and drivers. Try this (worked great for me after many hours of f'ing around), download https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.androidterm and in the terminal type:

su
                    reboot bootloader

This will reboot the device into flash mode and windows will now have two unknown devices, also at this point you will have no video out to your tv. You will now be able to install the drivers provided with the rom to one of the two unknown devices. As soon as the driver installed the flash tool recognized my device and off I went flashing.

I used windows 8 pro x64 and worked like a charm. Good luck!

Comment

su
                      reboot bootloader

This will reboot the device into flash mode and windows will now have two unknown devices, also at this point you will have no video out to your tv. You will now be able to install the drivers provided with the rom to one of the two unknown devices. As soon as the driver installed the flash tool recognized my device and off I went flashing.

I used windows 8 pro x64 and worked like a charm. Good luck!
                      Excellent stuff, worked just like you said =). Now Im gonna play with 1.7 for awhile and then try how PicUntu works on this sticky computer.

Comment

Problems with this rom, help!

I have a TV ANDROID MINI UG802 "RK3066 DualCore". I installed this rom and until recently was fine, but since last week, when opening applications, sometimes the operating system closes and restarts. Any ideas to fix it? . Thank you.

Comment

Custom resolution

Hi,
                          I'd like to ask - how complex would be change the hard coded resolution to some custome one? I have regular PC LCD monitor, that doesn't support tv resolutions. I tried it through dvi-hdmi cable and lcd panel says usnupported resolution (or something like that).
                          I've never worked with custom kernels, so I've absolutely no idea...
                          Thanks

Comment

Wireless

Anyone else know how to fix my wireless is not working on my UG802 after finless install.

Comment

Problems with playing games

Hi guys ! First of all, I want to thanks for this great rom !
                              I have downloaded some games from the market ex. bad piggies , angry birds , ski safari etc , the installation goes fine and the game starts fine too. But I dont have any respons when i click to start playing...this affects all the games .
                              Please help !
                              thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by geniemo View Post
                                Would just like to say thank you for a wonderful Rom that works on my MK809...

Thanks 2dark4u & Finless
                                Hey geniemo,

That sounds exciting to me. Been trying to get finless 1.5 Imito working on my MK809. Did you get this UG802 1.7 one working on your MK809, or was it an MK809II. Seems to make a big difference to working wifi.

Thanks,
                                Esteban

Comment

Working...
                                X