OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gzadagenius View Post
    I brought an ug802 that shipped with Android 4.1.1 and firmware 20121208. I tried every tool in this thread but this thing will not root. I got it to install Superuser but I still have no root. I havent found anything on the internet that says how to root firmware 20121208 .Am I missing something?
    I think you have a UG007. Just like me, the tool will not work. I use the MX1 Rom. It works perfect! If you have any more questions whil perfomming the steps. Dont hesitate 2 ask!

*i dont know for shure! Pls open your device and give more information

Comment

Re: UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7 - true 1080 and overclock - AND best performance ever!

My charger can't take it anymore, what kernel is best for lowest energy consumption?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P6210 met Tapatalk

Comment

missing touch driver

Joy2touch doesn't work!! It says " no touchscren." Here( www.mediafire.com/?l4w96dx16jg4hep ) is the driver from mk802 built from an user called "ratino". Can you port it for our device??

Comment

So I flashed Finless 1.7 about 2 days ago, went smoothly and the wifi is great.

The only problem I'm having is that I tried to play Dead Trigger and after about a minute of not being able to move in the game or do anything my device just shut off.

I was powering it from a powered USB 2.0 Hub, and from now on every time I boot the device it gets up to the finless boot screen and then shuts down, sometimes actually gets into android but not for long.

I've tried my HTC Desires phone charger to power it instead as I just assumed that the USB Hub didn't have the power but got the same results.

Then I tried the HUB again but without being plugged into the TV and it managed to stay on and be powered, managed to watch a few YouTube videos and then I tried to open Chrome and a few seconds later it shut down again.

Is my UG802 f****? I really don't have the money for another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Subintro View Post
            So I flashed Finless 1.7 about 2 days ago, went smoothly and the wifi is great.

The only problem I'm having is that I tried to play Dead Trigger and after about a minute of not being able to move in the game or do anything my device just shut off.

I was powering it from a powered USB 2.0 Hub, and from now on every time I boot the device it gets up to the finless boot screen and then shuts down, sometimes actually gets into android but not for long.

I've tried my HTC Desires phone charger to power it instead as I just assumed that the USB Hub didn't have the power but got the same results.

Then I tried the HUB again but without being plugged into the TV and it managed to stay on and be powered, managed to watch a few YouTube videos and then I tried to open Chrome and a few seconds later it shut down again.

Is my UG802 f****? I really don't have the money for another one.
            Hi,
            Pls, dont use a hub for gaming on this stick. And even a HTC Desire Adapter has not enough power for a UG802/UG007. I suggest i real 2000maH adapter(Be warned for chinese adapter (900-3000maH)
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Guidonno View Post
              Hi,
              Pls, dont use a hub for gaming on this stick. And even a HTC Desire Adapter has not enough power for a UG802/UG007. I suggest i real 2000maH adapter(Be warned for chinese adapter (900-3000maH)
              Cheers
              Okay thanks, my UG802 came with an American adapter so I couldn't use that one.

Comment

Stereo audio recording. Possible?

Hi. I have been trying to turn this great little device (Rikomagic MK802 iii) into a stereo audio recorder. I have used the stock rom and tried recording under picuntu also. Picuntu gave me stereo but it was really messed up with lots of clipping and distortion and I ended up abandoning this approach after lots of banging of head against the wall and trying a zillion different ALSA options.
                I have now installed finless and I can get mono or dual mono (mono input copied over 2 channels) but not stereo.
                I have started writing my own app to achieve this but before I go wasting my time could anyone tell me if the kernel supports stereo audio recording?
                My input device is a VIA VT1620a based USB sound card (a sweex SC010) .
                Is it the sound card which is my downfall or something kernel/android related?
                The SDK has the MediaRecorder object which supports stereo so it should be possible.
                My aim is to make a lightweight audio recorder I can power off a LiPo battery that doesn't cost a fortune like most of the audio recorders out there.
                I have googled my fingers off but I can't find any more information regarding the VT1620a and android.
                Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone have this in a Recovery Flashable ZIP Package? Or can someone point me to how I would wrap up a custom choice of the ROM into a Recovery Flashable Package?

Comment

Bluetooth modules

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    No not yet... we still have not figureed out how to fully get BT dongles working.

Bob
                    Bob, I know your a busy man and have probably read this: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/vie....php?f=2&t=222 but I was wondering the chances of incorporating the hidp.ko talked about for BT support on the MK802 CM9 rom..

Comment

cannot play a lot of games

missing touch driver
                      Joy2touch doesn't work!! It says "
                      no touchscren." Here(
                      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

l4w96dx16jg4hep ) is the driver
                      from mk802 built from an user
                      called "ratino". Can you port it for
                      our device??

Comment

Any chance for a compatible wifi driver for those with the newer UG802's? I have the stock rom from the 3rd post in the "New model UG802 different wifi!!" thread.

Comment

What version u have? UG007? I use MX1 Rom for my UG007 (New version UG802) It's perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Guidonno View Post
                            What version u have? UG007? I use MX1 Rom for my UG007 (New version UG802) It's perfect
                            I'm not sure what version it is but it is this version that Finless posted in the wifi issues thread:
                            Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Thanks to Ken and his DUMP I made a stock ROM for you clone guys.

This is not rooted or anything. Just a stock ROM for you.

ROM DOWNLOAD -> CLONE UG802 Stock ROM (228 megs)

Bob
                            I had to flash that version to get everything back to stock and get my wifi working again.
                            I have tried the MX1 rom but wifi did not work as well.

Comment

Browser and Play Store apps cause reboot

Finless and all, I really appreciate the hard work that went into this gift to all your fans. It installed flawlessly booted perfectly, setup my account ok, connected to wifi ok (sort of). But I can't open the Browser or the Play Store apps. They just cause it to reboot immediately.

I also seem to be having some of the same wifi problems.

I switched to another power supply and it seemed to help a little. The play store actually loaded but never completed painting the screen. I moved the wifi antenna outside of the case and that didn't help either.

I used the 1.7 root debloat kit: kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img, the one that doesn't require a heat sink.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carl

UPDATE: While sitting here composing this post, I had left the unit on just sitting there. I then went back and tried the play store app again and it loaded and kind of slowly painted the checker-board of images. I then tried clicking apps and it just hung there on a blank screen and then said the connection timed-out. I then did a search for null keyboard and it eventually showed the results.

Also, the wifi strength indicator bars grew by 1 bar during that time. was two, now 3.

... a few more clicks and it rebooted again. I suspect my replacement power supply is weak also.

Thanks for reviewing this if you do...
                              Last edited by dbtwiddler; 02-24-2013, 07:07. Reason: play store loaded after letting the unit sit there on for awhile.

Comment

There are amazingly plenty bad power supplies out there not delivering the promised values.
                                On the other hand, the UG802 is amazingly far away from the USB specs So really, I could track down every single issue to a bad power supply and/or bad cable.

Except for the reboot-after-ending-a-video-issue. That is an issue of finless-1.7, now went to andydarks version of it. No issues whatsoever.

Just ordered yet another power supply rated 2.1A from a hongkong seller, for just a little more than 2 US-$. (I'm trying to find a cheap one that can be recommended internationally for ordering.)

Comment

Working...
                                X