OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING !!!
    Some of UG802 dongles may become overheated with governor performance and freq locked at 1272Mhz !!!

I have report's about heating up to
    100 degree by celsus !!! On some (not lucky) devices !!!

So, few days later I'll make new kernel for devices without heatsink with max freq at 1200Mhz or even 1104 Mhz, for people who don't want to add heatsink and want to feel safe while using device in any condition.

CPU may heat to this temperature only at extreme load and governor performance with freq locked at 1272Mhz.

So You warned about it.

Comment

flash player

has anyone got a full screen working flash player for this rom and also what web browser you using as i get
      black screen if i try to expand the video

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
        WARNING !!!Some of UG802 dongles may become overheated with governor performance and freq locked at 1272Mhz !!! I have report's about heating up to 100 degree by celsus !!! On some (not lucky) devices !!!So, few days later I'll make new kernel for devices without heatsink with max freq at 1200Mhz or even 1104 Mhz, for people who don't want to add heatsink and want to feel safe while using device in any condition.CPU may heat to this temperature only at extreme load and governor performance with freq locked at 1272Mhz.So You warned about it.
        Thx for warning us! But this is only when you have locked the device at 1272? So when you have a min 252 and max 1272 there are no problems?

Comment

Originally posted by robgee65 View Post
          has anyone got a full screen working flash player for this rom and also what web browser you using as i get
          black screen if i try to expand the video

thanks
          try naked browser or puffin browser. The second one allows you tube videos in full screen whatever the android version. There is a trial version for 15 days (?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mediacj View Post
            Thx for warning us! But this is only when you have locked the device at 1272? So when you have a min 252 and max 1272 there are no problems?
            I think the problem not only in CPU speed there is also GPU overclocked, when they working at maximum both at same time device may overheat. So for safety I'll downclock in next release also the GPU.

Load of CPU not causes serius difference like:
            1. on locked @1272 device You will get 90c with performance governor.
            2. on default governor and freq 252-1272 You will get 80-85c temperature.
            3. also if You will lock CPU at 1008 You will get 80-85c.
            4. while watching HD Video about 65-70c with any governor and speed.

If I'll downcolock CPU and GPU and may be will make lower voltages it will heat to ~70c without heatsink.
            I think it will be safe (now they work OK with max temerature ~90c it's not safe but they work stable).
            Best choice to add heatsink to CPU it have not good heatsink 90c at center while 79 at corner, it's not good on any temperature.

while desktop on screen with live wallpaper temperature not going more of 45c.
            I want to repeat again: we talking only about maximum load condition of all dongle hardware in other conditions temperature is not critical.

Comment

Flash mode failed

Hello guys...

I'm trying to flash Finless ROM, but my UG802 does not agree... I follow the steps but the answer is the same: "Flash Mode Failed".

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by KostasSTi View Post
                Hello guys...

I'm trying to flash Finless ROM, but my UG802 does not agree... I follow the steps but the answer is the same: "Flash Mode Failed".

Any suggestions?
                You have to install and run Terminal Emulator and write:
                su (give you superuser permision (need root))
                reboot bootloader (device reboot to bootloader mode)
                Last edited by Wolfsteen; 01-18-2013, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfsteen View Post
                  You have to install and run Terminal Emulator and write:
                  su (give you superuser perpision (need root))
                  reboot bootloader (device reboot to bootloader mode)
                  Thnx Wolfsteen, I'll try that!!

Comment

GREAT THANK YOU

[QUOTE=bach0405;47418]try naked browser or puffin browser. The second one allows you tube videos in full screen whatever the android version. There is a trial version for 15 days (?)[

the naked browser work full screen works on all the sites i use ie noobroom iplayer as in uk

Comment

i had this problem

and i did a factory reset before flashing and it worked

Originally posted by KostasSTi View Post
                      Hello guys...

Any suggestions?

Comment

For me the 1272 kernel with 720P no problem, but with 1080P default governor it gets hot and i need to use another powersupply, so it looks like the 1080P kernels gives the heat (2dark4u V1.2)
                        Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
                        I think the problem not only in CPU speed there is also GPU overclocked, when they working at maximum both at same time device may overheat. So for safety I'll downclock in next release also the GPU.

Load of CPU not causes serius difference like:
                        1. on locked @1272 device You will get 90c with performance governor.
                        2. on default governor and freq 252-1272 You will get 80-85c temperature.
                        3. also if You will lock CPU at 1008 You will get 80-85c.
                        4. while watching HD Video about 65-70c with any governor and speed.

If I'll downcolock CPU and GPU and may be will make lower voltages it will heat to ~70c without heatsink.
                        I think it will be safe (now they work OK with max temerature ~90c it's not safe but they work stable).
                        Best choice to add heatsink to CPU it have not good heatsink 90c at center while 79 at corner, it's not good on any temperature.

while desktop on screen with live wallpaper temperature not going more of 45c.
                        I want to repeat again: we talking only about maximum load condition of all dongle hardware in other conditions temperature is not critical.

Comment

Originally posted by crille4 View Post
                          For me the 1272 kernel with 720P no problem, but with 1080P default governor it gets hot and i need to use another powersupply, so it looks like the 1080P kernels gives the heat (2dark4u V1.2)
                          Sure your GPU is not 100% busy on 720P it uses not so many juice, and may work on stock PS but if it won't work on little higher load, I can assume your stock PS working @720P on maximum of him possibilities, this is not good.

Comment

please help!

Hello. I've been using my ug802 with finless and 2dark firmware since beginning and its amazing thank you so much. I love it so much that I bought another ug802 for my bedroom. after installing this ROM it worked for weeks and then all of the sudden it did nothing unplug and plug and nothing shows on the screen. I have opened it shorted the 2 spots and have successfully flashed the ROM many times but when I plug into the TV it wont start nothing shows up. I have even plugged it in to me working ug802 setup downstairs and it won't work. Any ideas? I have tried everything I think. The blue light comes on but won't boot. Please help. Thank you

Comment

If one ug802 works on your TV and another does not, AND it flashes ROMs with no failure..... I may be sorry to tell you, you might have a hardware failure

My suggestion at this point would be to flash the stock ROM and see if it works. If not... Again... sorry but sounds like a hardware failure. I am sorry if that is true.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Wow thanks for the quick response from the! Man! You guys are gods. U guys turned my really crappy android stick of doggy doo doo into something i can't live without. Its the center of my living room well... next to my 60 inch that is lol.
                                Thanks again finless ill try the stock firmware flash but i think your right... im SOL

Comment

Working...
                                X