No announcement yet.

MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recently purchased a few more ug802s after purchasing one before for testing purposes. The first one works fine (v4.0.4), I'm able to see it on my Windows machine via USB in order to perform flash updates, etc. The new ones I purchased (v4.1.1) however do not connect to USB no matter what I do. The new ones have a reset button on them and pressing the reset button does nothing unless you hold it down while applying power, but then it just takes you to a screen of the android bot on its back with a red triangle/exclamation.

Since I cannot connect to to these via USB (no matter what I try to do, and no matter what operating system or laptop or desktop PC, etc.) I tried to flash it using the SD card method with the 1.4 update thinking I could update to 1.7 or 1.8 after (since I couldn't find and SD card update for those versions) and that seemed to work, but now it just boots up and gets stuck on the boot screen (Finless). So, now I have no way of re-flashing it again since I can not connect to it via USB. So, it would seem at this point that I have bricked this particular ug802.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to get this re-flashed or some how connected to via USB, or did I happen to purchase one that doesn't allow data connectivity via the USB???

Comment

what's this version? clone?

hi guys.
      I bought this in november from pandawill. with different reset button.
      came in another box (not the usual black) and it said android 4.1 though it had android 4.2 installed.
      starting first times it showed the penguins but stuck to them and not booting.
      after a few times it finally after the penguins showed R-BOX logo and booted in android 4.2.
      Seemed ok but suddenly last week it stuck on the R-BOX logo after the penguins not booting.

I flashed Neonmode custom 4.2.2 v1 (recognizing it with reset button) and it was alive again. The only problems were that in videos sometimes had a little jump occasionaly, and wifi display sometimes showed some green lines for a bit. But it also made the same thing again. Stuck on booting yesterday.

tried to flash bob's 1.8 but it was not booting, so i installed again neonmode 4.2.2.
      Anyone experienced that frequent stuck to boot?
      Can i find the original 4.2 rom? (was ok in video and wifidisplay) anyone with the same stick?

p.s. when you press reset button and power on, it shows Ricomagig.com logo and after that it goes to flash menu like

Comment

I got this clone last year from Aliexpress

Label says "UG802 for Android 4.2"

Wifi is RK901 encapsulated chip
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X