MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wegafan View Post
    Honestly, I am not sure. I think it might just be a long shot. I originally worried that I had a clone, but got mine to flash.

If you can't get it to flash, hopefully, you can get an exchange/money back. I got a working ug802 from Amazon; however, with all the sellers out there, it is a crapshoot.

Good luck.
    Mine would probably be a clone since I do not have the option to flip to USB mass storage. I do not have a reset button as well, nor do I have bluetooth. Sticker on mine says 4.1.

Comment

so what is the progress with these clones and getting some rom help?

Comment

how to reboot to flash mode

There is one another way how you can reboot to flash mode. I tried Bob's way, but it's not working for me, after I switched device from media device to usb storage (and I tried it many times and fast after I switched it) that damned thing not want reboot to flash mode.
        OK. I installed this utility:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...XVpY2tib290Il0.

and choosed reboot to bootloader.

It was reboot to black screen and start installing drivers.

Then I was be able to flash device.

Comment

Finally got to open my ug802.. Took some pics..

pcb is labelled as T002 V2 20121207. I think i see a reset button. Wonder of someone else got this and if anyone tried to flash wih finless?? Thanks.
          Last edited by jakkuchan; 01-27-2013, 06:02.

Comment

Jakkuchan,

Please don't flash 1.07 yet. I did that and lost Wifi!
            Please make a backup of the firmware first.

I didn't look deeper into how to achieve that, but at least the original kernel-image should be helping already. There is something different with the Wifi setup although the chip seems to be the same, Realtek RTL8188EUS.

Please, look through the posts here and find a way to dump that firmware!

I would dare to flash back parts of it to find out whether this works at all and would try to find the difference.

Edit: It seems, the vanilla firmware is already available!
            Last edited by Koepi; 01-27-2013, 13:26.

Comment

Is this a clone too?

Hi guys,

just recieved that thing and wifi is terrible and googeling brought me here looks like stock rom has a weak wifi and finless fix that!!!

my question is my unit a clone and finlessing it would brick it ?

I need a link or so for backing up and restore stock rom just in case

hers is my unit details

Last edited by Finless; 03-12-2013, 19:34. Reason: fixed images

Comment

Well I cant say! Wish I could.

But yes PLEASE have a stock ROM or even a dump I can work with before you flash anything.

Rom dumping thread and info is here. RKdump wont work on rk3066 but the linux method will.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Another clone?

Hi guys,
                  i received my UG802 today, however it only says "dual core CorteA9 RK3066 for Android 4.1" on the front. Here some pictures of it. It does not even have a wifi antenna!?! The wifi-reception is not bad, though. Can anybody tell me what this is?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20130314_161214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	429901Click image for larger version

Name:	20130314_161221.jpg
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	429902Click image for larger version

Name:	20130314_170056.jpg
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	429903Click image for larger version

Name:	20130314_210811.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	429904

Comment

Originally posted by chrizzl View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    i received my UG802 today, however it only says "dual core CorteA9 RK3066 for Android 4.1" on the front. Here some pictures of it. It does not even have a wifi antenna!?! The wifi-reception is not bad, though. Can anybody tell me what this is?
                    Please see here:

This is NOT a ug802 clone but a totally different stick!

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Wow, that was quick! Thanks Bob!

Comment

worked like a charm

Hi Bob,

I installed finless 1.7 , looks great but didn't really help my poor wifi reception , I saw your videos on
                        youtube about sticking the antenna out but again didn't help much

and the one about cutting the ground shield cause of short and that wasn't a problem

it was meant to be connected together on the antenna side (which look like a z letter in my unit)

so I tried to cut the shield and now guess what now its working much better with no drops in signal

Yeeea I've a working stick , now need to find some cool apps to play with

so if one out there have a unit like mine (see my previous post for pics) you know now what you ve to do

thx Bob for your great site tips, videos and everything

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Please see here:

This is NOT a ug802 clone but a totally different stick!

Bob
                          Have the same too... there's something we can do to install your custom rom?
                          there's very crappy Rom installed.

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by angelobiz View Post
                            not all clone are same. i have a clone... but on it work All!... Finless rom is ok, mk802III firmware is ok, recovery is ok and mode for unbriking is ok, no reset button.
                            when you buy somethings by china... you know always what you order... but you never know what you will have... :-(
                            Hi, have you got an UG802 with MK802iii fw? or I missunderstood something?

Comment

Originally posted by jlunse View Post
                              I'm trying to summarize this:
                              - You do NOT have a reset button and everything works fine, correct?
                              ( No reset button= Everything works fine.)

- The problem seems to be on those UG802 who do have a reset button.
                              ( Reset button= Seems to give problems.)
                              My UG802 has a reset button. I think it's a revision modell not a clone. Here some pic with reset button, samsung flash memory chip and Realtek 8188 wifi chip.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130330_085312.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	429959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130330_085334.jpg
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	429960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130330_093601.jpg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	429961

Comment

UG802 "reset button+Realtek" V2 - Finless ROM

Hi Bob!

I have an UG802 categorized here in the forums as V2. It has the reset button, wich seems to work, and has a Realtek wifi module. It's the same type MGa73 has. We are both from Hungary, and probably got it from the same batch. I'd like to flash Finless on it. Preferably one of the latest versions, but read the forums first, and realized, that this would break the wifi, wich is a must have for me. But the original ROM is not fully rooted wich turned out to be a problem aswell. I'd like to use some touchscreen apps, and play games therefore I bought Bt/USB Joystick Center app, to calibrate control schemes to my usb gamepad. The app needs proper root, so itdoesn't work at the moment.

I found a few posts, that some of the guys with these devices managed to get wifi working with installing your ROM and then reflashing the original kernel.img. Is there a chance, you would make a flashable Finless 1.7-1.8 ROM for these V2 devices, using the original kernel, as you made one for those "on pcb wifi antenna" clones? I'd be happy to beta test it! And I'm sure MGa73 would participate aswell.

An other thing i'd like to ask about is a strange issue I noticed. I use a powered USB hub with the device connected to the standard USB port, and It powers up my Ug802. On the pcb theres the overcurrent protection circuit, but I started to worry about this lately. I used to connect the hub after powering up the stick from the TV, but last time, I did'nt notice that someone pulled the USB plug, and was surprised to see that it powered up after connecting the active the hub...

Sry for my bad english... I haven't been using the language lately.
                                Last edited by dormantamas; 05-30-2013, 13:55. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X