No announcement yet.

MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is a clone.. i buy it in china... and seller tell me....
    it have android 4.1...
    i see in shop of shenzhen.....many many clone.....
    and not always if it is a clone... it isn't better :-)

Comment

Sv: MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Originally posted by angelobiz View Post
      not all clone are same. i have a clone... but on it work All!... Finless rom is ok, mk802III firmware is ok, recovery is ok and mode for unbriking is ok, no reset button.
      when you buy somethings by china... you know always what you order... but you never know what you will have...

it is a clone.. i buy it in china... and seller tell me....
      it have android 4.1...
      i see in shop of shenzhen.....many many clone.....
      and not always if it is a clone... it isn't better :-)
      I'm trying to summarize this:
      - You do NOT have a reset button and everything works fine, correct?
      ( No reset button= Everything works fine.)

- The problem seems to be on those UG802 who do have a reset button.
      ( Reset button= Seems to give problems.)

Comment

Attack of the Clones

Edited.....N/A.
        Last edited by wegafan; 01-20-2013, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by jlunse View Post
          I'm trying to summarize this:
          - You do NOT have a reset button and everything works fine, correct?
          ( No reset button= Everything works fine.)

- The problem seems to be on those UG802 who do have a reset button.
          ( Reset button= Seems to give problems.)

No, I think its not correct, because mine came without reset button, but I have same trouble with 1.7 rom. Wifi not working.

I have lebeled board as UG007... seems to be UG802 II

Comment

received a clone the other day too.. i research and research to find a stick where i can customize it and performs well and this has to happen. purchased through amazon via mp4nation i believe

Comment

Same Problem here

EDIT: Found this thread... http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...t-wifi!!/page3

I purchased one from Amazon. I do not have a reset button. I got to this thread because I was trying to flash my device to Finless 1.6. Right off the bat I'm missing the "Advanced Setting" tab. Then the USB Computer Connection toggle is non-existent. And finally, I can't boot to flash.
              I don't know if this is a clone or the newer version of the device (disallowing flashing).

Device information:
              Model number: rk30sdk
              Android version: 4.1.1
              Kernel version: 3.0.8+ ant@test-desktop #62 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 7 19:03:05 CST 2012
              Build number: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.1015
              Last edited by jakkuchan; 01-20-2013, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkuchan View Post
                EDIT: Found this thread... http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...t-wifi!!/page3

I purchased one from Amazon. I do not have a reset button. I got to this thread because I was trying to flash my device to Finless 1.6. Right off the bat I'm missing the "Advanced Setting" tab. Then the USB Computer Connection toggle is non-existent. And finally, I can't boot to flash.
                I don't know if this is a clone or the newer version of the device (disallowing flashing).

Device information:
                Model number: rk30sdk
                Android version: 4.1.1
                Kernel version: 3.0.8+ ant@test-desktop #62 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 7 19:03:05 CST 2012
                Build number: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.1015
                Try to click "flash to boot" immediately after seeing "Found USB Drive" on tool after
                switching to "mass storage device" on UG802. I was able to get mine to flash to boot" after this. Doesn't make sense why, but if I waited too long it would continue to fail for me. Maybe the computer starts to mess with it, thus the flash to boot glitches. No clue, but it may help. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wegafan View Post
                  Try to click "flash to boot" immediately after seeing "Found USB Drive" on tool after
                  switching to "mass storage device" on UG802. I was able to get mine to flash to boot" after this. Doesn't make sense why, but if I waited too long it would continue to fail for me. Maybe the computer starts to mess with it, thus the flash to boot glitches. No clue, but it may help. Good luck.
                  Wegafan, I have now recreated exactly what you say! Amazing as I never saw this before until I sat and waited to press "reboot to flash mode". Now I understand why some have this. They follow my readme slowly and by the time they do the button, it's too late.

What is happening is when USB is turned on, windows takes some time to MOUNT the removable drives. If you wait too long to press reboot to flash, windows mounts the removable drives and it will not longer work as the removable drives are mounted now! If you go quick, windows has not yet mounted the removable drive and it will follow the command.

But you can fix this issue! Open My Computer in windows. You will see the removable drive from your Android device. RIGHT clock on it and select eject. Windows will then report it is safe to remove it. Now when you click "reboot to flash mode" It will work.

Please try this and tell me if it works for you too

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Very nice. I will try this later tonight or tomorrow and let you know if this solution works, but based on what you typed this most likely will solve it. This may be a common problem for those new to this like myself. Once I got the steps down it almost "fixed itself".

Another user had the same issue:

Thank you for a great site and custom roms!!! And a place to learn as I try to pick some of this stuff up

Comment

Wegafan, your welcome and THANK YOU for sharing this nice bit of information!

We all learn from each other! This was something I never saw until I tried it because I am fast at doing ROM flashing since I have been doing it for a while! So you taught me something today

Thank you for sharing!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Wegafan for the suggestion! Thanks Finless! That actually makes sense as windows does a lot of under the hood stuff. However on that other thread, I'm afraid that my device won't respond to this ROM.

Comment

so does this mean the clones can now flash your roms? looking forward to getting this ug802 clone rooted and rom'd

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Wegafan, I have now recreated exactly what you say! Amazing as I never saw this before until I sat and waited to press "reboot to flash mode". Now I understand why some have this. They follow my readme slowly and by the time they do the button, it's too late.

What is happening is when USB is turned on, windows takes some time to MOUNT the removable drives. If you wait too long to press reboot to flash, windows mounts the removable drives and it will not longer work as the removable drives are mounted now! If you go quick, windows has not yet mounted the removable drive and it will follow the command.

But you can fix this issue! Open My Computer in windows. You will see the removable drive from your Android device. RIGHT clock on it and select eject. Windows will then report it is safe to remove it. Now when you click "reboot to flash mode" It will work.

Please try this and tell me if it works for you too

Bob
                            Hey Bob,

Hmmm. This did not work for me. I tried this on my "guinea pig" ug802 and it would not boot to flash after eject...only when clicking quickly. Just to make sure I am doing what I was supposed to try. I flipped it to "usb storage" on stick then wait a while, then "eject" the drive on the stick through my computer? I got the error message. I did not try this when i was on "media device".

It seems like it should work since you recreated it. Oh well.

Don't put too much stock in this not working for me...I am thinking there is some other variable complicating my setup. Trying to think of any variables that are making this not work for me, since it worked for you. When you select "usb storage" do you have two drives show up from the android stick? I get F: as rock drive and G: as another drive. I tried to eject both, and each one independently. Still nothing. Also, I have updated a G4, MX802 III, and a UG802 on the same PC??? Is there anything you do special when you are working with different android sticks on the same pc?

Anyway, sorry I couldn't recreate that fix, but at least we know how to troubleshoot those that go step by step by just telling them to pick up the tempo

Comment

Originally posted by Montecarlo97z View Post
                              so does this mean the clones can now flash your roms? looking forward to getting this ug802 clone rooted and rom'd
                              Honestly, I am not sure. I think it might just be a long shot. I originally worried that I had a clone, but got mine to flash.

If you can't get it to flash, hopefully, you can get an exchange/money back. I got a working ug802 from Amazon; however, with all the sellers out there, it is a crapshoot.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wegafan View Post
                                Honestly, I am not sure. I think it might just be a long shot. I originally worried that I had a clone, but got mine to flash.

If you can't get it to flash, hopefully, you can get an exchange/money back. I got a working ug802 from Amazon; however, with all the sellers out there, it is a crapshoot.

Good luck.
                                hmm guess ill just have to play the waiting game and see what finless comes up with... can i at least root it? or is that basically crap too?

Comment

Working...
                                X