• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
    For Linux please see here

Thks

Comment

Great job!

wish I had such proliffic linux and shell scripting knoledge I'm more of the copy/past/adapt kind of.

this scrit works great with both 4.2 and 4.4 roms. However I would still prefer my adaptation, because it allows me to interchange binaries from diferent roms e.g: tweaked boot + marvin kernel + finless sistem.img

I'm trying to do the same thing with an android 4.1 rom, but got no sucess so far. In some cases boot process hangs when zigote is already running but, t seems that it dies and restarts constantly
      if I use a AP6210 kernel boot process stops right at the begnning:

[ 0.000000] sram_log: 4q ?& : 4q ?) !?, # 0q *! ! 3q @ 3q

Any ideas?

I what BlueZ stack back.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
        Thks
        I'm sorry, I thought you meant Linux on RK3288.

For Linux on RK3188 see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ng-your-device or https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/TTXkb7pX7SG

Comment

Originally posted by blueprint1972 View Post
          wish I had such proliffic linux and shell scripting knoledge I'm more of the copy/past/adapt kind of.

this scrit works great with both 4.2 and 4.4 roms. However I would still prefer my adaptation, because it allows me to interchange binaries from diferent roms e.g: tweaked boot + marvin kernel + finless sistem.img

I'm trying to do the same thing with an android 4.1 rom, but got no sucess so far. In some cases boot process hangs when zigote is already running but, t seems that it dies and restarts constantly
          if I use a AP6210 kernel boot process stops right at the begnning:

[ 0.000000] sram_log: 4q ?& : 4q ?) !?, # 0q *! ! 3q @ 3q

Any ideas?

I what BlueZ stack back.
          Cherrypicking, or mixing and matching is always going to be more difficult as you have to match correctly otherwise you might have missing modules or software that are required or not loading modules or software that has dependencies.

As to the message, unfortunately I've no idea.

Comment

Great work linuxium. I finally manage to run the script to the end after installing gdisk on my ubuntu. Thank you very much.

Comment

need help with sd based booting

Hi linuxium,

Finally pulled some time to try this out. However, seeing blank screen even after waiting for about 10 mins on my Gm282 aka cx919ii. Few questions:
              How long should I wait, since you mentioned it takes long for first boot?
              Is this totally independent of Nand chip? I believe my Nand chip went bad since all my earlier attempts to flash said idb download failed. (I had done it successfully many times before that.)
              Or does this require boot loader to be in Nand? I want to understand how this works..?
              Also, in another thread I read that kernel needs to know that it has to look into SD card to load fs, so how would "any" Rom work unless it has such a tweaked kernel?
              Sorry for lot of questions; newbie in Linux..

Hope to revive my dead device ��
              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Linuxium, can you please reply to my questions? I would appreciate if you do. Thanks.
                Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                  Linuxium, can you please reply to my questions? I would appreciate if you do. Thanks.
                  First, make sure you have 'gdisk' installed.

Second, if you are running Linux on a 64-bit environment make sure you have 'ia32-libs' installed. This is because 'mkkrnlimg' is provided as a 32-bit binary from Rockchip hence the need for 'ia32-libs' if on 64-bit.

If you have problems installing 'ia32-libs' then you will need to use a 64-bit version of 'mkkrnlimg' which is available here https://github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188. To download and install this 64-bit version, first change directory to 'Tools' and in a terminal window enter 'mv mkkrnlimg mkkrnlimg.x86' and then 'wget https://github.com/phjanderson/Kerne...ster/mkkrnlimg' and finally 'chmod 755 mkkrnlimg' (note: I cannot stop hypertexting on the 'wget' command so make sure the full path is 'github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188/raw/master/mkkrnlimg').

Now run the script using the stock ROM for your device to test that everything works.

To answer your specific questions:

1. How long should I wait? First boot normally takes longer than a regular boot as the system is setting up various things. My stock ROMs include a boot animation meaning that you see some activity on the screen (like the Manufacturer's name and some moving graphic). A totally blank screen is unusual for a stock ROM but probably not unheard of. Initialization should be over after a couple of minutes and I would expect it to be completed well before 5 minutes.

2. Is this totally independent of Nand chip? Yes, on RK3188 devices it is totally independent to NAND.

3. Or does this require boot loader to be in Nand? As per the previous question, it does not look at the NAND.

4. Also, in another thread I read that kernel needs to know that it has to look into SD card to load fs, so how would "any" Rom work unless it has such a tweaked kernel? Basically there is a file within Android that "tells the kernel" where to look for the file system and partitions and this gets modified as part of running the script. Only this file needs to be modified and not the kernel.

You should first try using the stock ROM for your device as not all ROMs work on every device (due to hardware differences). In your case, assuming the SD card is correctly created, if stock ROM fails to boot it might mean your device is more damaged that you have assumed.

Comment

Thanks linuxium for answering all my questions! I appreciate your details answers. I will try them out and post back and I do hope my assumption is right .
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

@linuxium

Can i flash nexus player rom into my android stick ? if yes how to ?

Thank you.

Comment

it's work for me! with stock for k-r42 and "just XBMC from Lewy 1.1.1" !thank you Linuxium ! But not work if rom not have a "parameter" file(as wasser 1.0.4 (kitkat) for k-r42,.there is one section of memory 8gb). I found your alternative script for Roms with joinable "User" and "Data" , but this not works with 3188 : error - resource.img not found

P.s your alternative script works only with rk3288
                        UPDATE : I'm a little edit your script (however in Linux I'm a full zero, but I got ) , I removed the string associated with resource.img , and I was able to unpack and run Wasser 1.0.4
                        This method solves the problem a shortage of built-in memory because sdcard is to become an internal sdcard

And , Linuxium thank you very much for this script!!!
                        Last edited by pes1313; 05-19-2015, 19:04.
                        k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 ,wifi RTL8188ETV,
                        rom 1.0.4 (kitkat) old revision Wasser

Comment

Can any one please tell me what sd is used for minix x7, it has a full SDHC slot, wondering if carrier causes bottle neck for micro or would it not effect speed.
                          Have also asked on the boot linux forum.
                          Thanks

Comment

@ linuxium

Is there a way to creare the bootable sd image using Winows[XP]??
                            10X!,
                            N

Comment

Hi Linuxium, I know this thread is old but I wanted to bring this topic up for RK3368. Can this be done for RK3368?

Also, its pain to get the tool working with myriad of problems in SD card/USB card reader getting detected in VirtualBox and then in Ubuntu where I am trying this. So question is whether this tool can be ported to use windows batch commands or any console apps? It would be so much easier for many folks who struggle with Linux. I can do it if I knew/understand fully what all things the script is trying to do and if I can pull out some (midnight) time 😬.
                              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

./create-android-sdcard htc_t018_public_ap6210_4.4.2_20150110.img
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Is your SD card loaded as '/dev/sdc' (y/n)? n
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Do you want to use a different device? y
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Enter new device name? sdf
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Is your SD card loaded as 'sdf' (y/n)? n
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Do you want to use a different device? y
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Enter new device name? /dev/sdf
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Is your SD card loaded as '/dev/sdf' (y/n)? y
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Unmounting partitions on '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Unpacking Android image 'htc_t018_public_ap6210_4.4.2_20150110.img' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Unpacking Android boot image ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Formatting SD card '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing bootloader 'sdboot_rk3188.img' to '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Updating partition table on '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Calculating partition sizes for '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'cache' partition as '/dev/sdf1' with size of 128 MB ...done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Making 'ext4' file system for 'cache' partition on '/dev/sdf1' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'data' partition as '/dev/sdf2' with size of 4096 MB ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Making 'ext4' file system for 'data' partition on '/dev/sdf2' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'metadata' partition as '/dev/sdf3' with size of 4 MB ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Making 'ext4' file system for 'metadata' partition on '/dev/sdf3' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'system' partition as '/dev/sdf4' with size of 768 MB ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Making 'ext4' file system for 'system' partition on '/dev/sdf4' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'user' partition as '/dev/sdf5' using rest of space on '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Making 'vfat' file system for 'user' partition on '/dev/sdf5' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Updating Android boot source ... grep: *: No such file or directory
                                grep: *: No such file or directory
                                done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Updating Android system image ...sed: can't read system/etc/vold.fstab: No such file or directory
                                done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Rebuilding Android boot image ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Creating 'parameter.img' from 'parameter' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing 'parameter.img' to '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing boot 'boot.img' to '/dev/sdf ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing kernel 'kernel' to '/dev/sdf ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flashing system 'system.img' to '/dev/sdf4' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Removing unpacked Android image ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Flushing buffers for '/dev/sdf' ... done.
                                ./create-android-sdcard: Android SD card created on '/dev/sdf'.

anyone know whats causing this problem?

I guess its this part --

./create-android-sdcard: Updating Android boot source ... grep: *: No such file or directory
                                done.

but no matter what roms or what linux distro I try it on - always the same error

Comment

Working...
                                X