Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROBLEM with an Android TV stick (MK809IV / RK3188 chip): I can’t get out to internet: net:: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEM with an Android TV stick (MK809IV / RK3188 chip): I can’t get out to internet: net:: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Hello everybody on this big community:

(I'm writting from México city) so it's clear I don't know enough english to write fluently, but I'll try to make myself clear:

I get a MK809IV, an Android dongle, OR Android TV stick, OR miniPC or whatever the name were.
    I bought here:

http://www.****.com/itm/271841070720...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Specifications:
    Device type: gxt_dongle_3188
    Rockchip RK3188 1.6Ghz Quad core + Mali400 GPU Quad Core
    Operation System: Google Android 4.4 Kitkat

My interest on that device is turn my "old" LCD television on a SmartTV, use internet (Youtube, Twitter, Netflix), etc. The devise is already install with KODI and other stuff. But is USELESS because I can’t connect my WIFI signal.

Summary / Consequences (3 aspects)

ONE (first photo)
    Everything looks fine, works ok, BUT when I go to android settings and select WIFI controls, and turn the signal to ON, after a few seconds later wifi is apparently ON, and I can read “CONNECTED”, but the waves of the wifi logo are just WHITE. Never turn blue or green.

TWO (second photo)
    Then, I activate the web navigator APP and try to go google.com, impossible, I only can read:
    net:: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

THREE (third photo)
    When I try to set a google account, the same, impossible to go out to the web. I can only read:
    “Couldn’t sign in. There was a problem… blablabla, Try again later”.

Maybe its important: I downloaded Moborobo and already rooted the devise.

I am new user on this technology… does anyone knows about this problem???
    Do you think would be necessary to flash the device and change the ROM?

If someone knows something about this issue, I appreciate and advice.

I noticed a post with a tutorial or something for a similar devise from user neomode
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by kazziel; 08-22-2015, 14:46.

¿nobody, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by kazziel View Post
      ¿nobody, anyone?
      DNS problem?
      try to input it manually using Advanced options: try to use 8.8.8.8 (google dns) in DNS field.

Comment

Working...
      X