NEW - Tronsmart NX Box 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Tronsmart NX Box 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

So Tronsmart just released yet another TV box. The Tronsmart NX.

Geekbuying asked me to do a ROM on it but had not shipped a box to me yet for testing.
    But I tired it on my Tronsmart T428 and it works perfectly on that!
    So I developed this ROM testing with my T428.

This is the latest 4.2.2 ROM from Tronsmart! It has lots of fixes in it so I did not really have to do that much to this ROM. At this point I would say 4.2.2 is pretty mature now.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
    The stock Tronsmart ROM was rooted but NOT CORRECTLY! And was using an old version!

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a NX or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
    WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

6) I removed the pre-install crap and Flumpster's Beyond XBMC.
    Tronsmart ripped off Flumpster's work without asking for permission from him!
    If you want the latest Beyond XBMC then just download it from FreakTab.
    Oh and Thank Freaktab developer Flumpster for making it!

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

8) Kernel choices:
    Yes I give you TRUE 1080P kernel! I patched the stock kernel myself!
    Kernels:
    kernel720.img
    kernel1080.img

9) My usual patches and updates for performance.

Here is the link for my Tronsmart NX Box 1.4 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart NX Box - Finless 1.4 ROM (213 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

You Rock, man, downloading, and test for report.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

How to install the rom??

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      So Tronsmart just released yet another TV box. The Tronsmart NX.

Geekbuying asked me to do a ROM on it but had not shipped a box to me yet for testing.
      But I tired it on my Tronsmart T428 and it works perfectly on that!
      So I developed this ROM testing with my T428.

This is the latest 4.2.2 ROM from Tronsmart! It has lots of fixes in it so I did not really have to do that much to this ROM. At this point I would say 4.2.2 is pretty mature now.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2
      The stock Tronsmart ROM was rooted but NOT CORRECTLY! And was using an old version!

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
      BUT you also have parameter file options!
      There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
      Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
      Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
      I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
      Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a NX or RKSDK! Understand this please.
      I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
      WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

6) I removed the pre-install crap and Flumpster's Beyond XBMC.
      Tronsmart ripped off Flumpster's work without asking for permission from him!
      If you want the latest Beyond XBMC then just download it from FreakTab.
      Oh and Thank Freaktab developer Flumpster for making it!

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

8) Kernel choices:
      Yes I give you TRUE 1080P kernel! I patched the stock kernel myself!
      Kernels:
      kernel720.img
      kernel1080.img

9) My usual patches and updates for performance.

Here is the link for my Tronsmart NX Box 1.4 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart NX Box - Finless 1.4 ROM (213 megs)

Enjoy,
      Bob
      Hi, i have a tronsmart nx and i cannot for the love of god figure out how to get your rom on the box. I know this is probably asking to much of you, but can you atleast direct me to some tutorial or something? because i have googled my fingers blody sofar and i have not been able to find a tutorial for flashing the rom that works on this box :/ also the latest idea i have for getting this rom on the box is basically using the method described here ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 ) to add cwm on the box and then try using cwm to install your rom, is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by adodado View Post
        Hi, i have a tronsmart nx and i cannot for the love of god figure out how to get your rom on the box. I know this is probably asking to much of you, but can you atleast direct me to some tutorial or something? because i have googled my fingers blody sofar and i have not been able to find a tutorial for flashing the rom that works on this box :/ also the latest idea i have for getting this rom on the box is basically using the method described here ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188 ) to add cwm on the box and then try using cwm to install your rom, is that possible?
        Did you read the README.TXT in the ZIP?

I give full instructions step by step for how to flash the ROM.

Bob

Comment

Did you read the README.TXT in the ZIP?

I give full instructions step by step for how to flash the ROM.

Bob
          Hi Bob, thx for the reply. I did read it and i tried the recovery button method but that did not work i also tried the other method you have described. I tried the recovery button method a bunch of times and i tried the other method you have described a couple of times also but i guess cant hurt to try them again tommorow. By the way could it maybe be that the usb cable doesnt go in all the way because of the units housing? Or maybe that i got the wrong cable in the package? Because the cable i got with the box is pretty much the same cable as the one i got with my galaxy s4 (micro b to usb) so the other cable i tried it with to rule out a faulty cable as an option is an cable i got with my galaxy s4 because figured it should work since the connectors seem to be same.

Comment

Hi Bob, thx for the reply. I did read it and i tried the recovery button method but that did not work i also tried the other method you have described. I tried the recovery button method a bunch of times and i tried the other method you have described a couple of times also but i guess cant hurt to try them again tommorow. By the way could it maybe be that the usb cable doesnt go in all the way because of the units housing? Or maybe that i got the wrong cable in the package? Because the cable i got with the box is pretty much the same cable as the one i got with my galaxy s4 (micro b to usb) so the other cable i tried it with to rule out a faulty cable as an option is an cable i got with my galaxy s4 because figured it should work since the connectors seem to be same.
            I did not try the stock cable as I have one I trimmed the plastic back on and works on anything I am making ROMs for. Sorry but it's my "go to cable"

But this could be the issue if Windows is not seeing it with the reset button!

Try trimming the plastic back a little bit on the plug so it goes in farther.
            Or try another cable. China cables are not always good!

Bob

Comment

I did not try the stock cable as I have one I trimmed the plastic back on and works on anything I am making ROMs for. Sorry but it's my "go to cable"

But this could be the issue if Windows is not seeing it with the reset button!

Try trimming the plastic back a little bit on the plug so it goes in farther.
              Or try another cable. China cables are not always good!

Bob
              Hi Bob, well it was the cable that was causing the problem, it took some time to carefully trim the plastic on it but in the end it worked finally. Thank you for the help and for the great ROM

Comment

Your welcome!

FYI the Neo X7 has that same problem with the USB cable but they at least ship a cable that is trimmed already and works.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob.

I tested in my T428 too and the kernels need a video sync patch. I tested 1080 and 720. I applied the pjhanderson's perl script and no more skipping frames.
                  I had some crashes with screen turn colorfull and reboots. I don't know if is PSU or some incompatibility with T428.

Comment

Good to know. I didn't check for frame skipping as most 4.2.2 kernels have it in from the factory!
                    Tronsmart
                    Come out with a new box with old kernel sources

This kernel also has screen flickering issues on some TVs as reported by users already (of stock ROM).
                    I have the NX box on the way and D33 will try and do some kernels for it and see if we can fix the flickering.

Bob

Comment

Grreat ROM

Great ROM Bob,

I've been testing it for the last few days and its solid. Only one lock up and that was once when I first tried to run Antutu. Im running the 1080p kernel and everything looks great but the NX does get pretty warm. Still that's to be expected. The only thing I can think of is if there was a screen time out function available that would be nice. I love the device it self too. I think the form factor looks good and is really functional. I'll have a review coming in a day or two.

Rivers

Comment

Please disregard.
                        FLHT = Harley
                        HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Tronsmart NX Video Review

Hey guys, I did a review of the tronsmart NX running the Finless 1.4 ROM. The ROM worked great and the 1080p kernel and new partition size came in really handy. Thanks and check out the video.

Comment

Thanks and display output

Thanks @Finless! What a beautiful rom. I have been running my NX now for 5 days smooth absoolutely no problems. My Intel desktop hasn't even been turned lately I noticed in Settings that Screen has an option for 2nd Output Interface. Is it possible for Android to have dual monitors or one monitor and a tv at the same time?

Comment

a little help.....

Hi Bob, well it was the cable that was causing the problem, it took some time to carefully trim the plastic on it but in the end it worked finally. Thank you for the help and for the great ROM

when putting the nx into flash mode what are the steps? neither of the methods described
                              in the readme result in the flash tool recognizing my mpc.while holding down the hidden reset button and then pressing the power button on with the otg and dc cabeps are already connected,my pc detects the nx for a while,tries to install drivers and then it ejects.i used thisbshort period to open device manager and try to manually install the drivers a la
                              the suggested method.i rebooted and the device is still not recognized and now device manager wont allow me the option to update drivers again.is it stuck half way?iz it my nx? please help

Comment

Working...
                              X