Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this:

It works!!

Until there's a better fix or update, this little app works really well to alleviate the video choppiness with this ROM on this Stick.

Comment

Virtual Touchscreen Module

Hi All,

I would like to ask a few questions.

How can I make virtual_touchscreen.ko to open automatically in MK908?

What do I have to write into terminal emulator to make it permanent?

I write this into terminal emulator to open it manually.
      insmod /system/lib/modules/virtual_touchscreen.ko

I would like this to be automatic.

What file do I need for it?

Android Mk908 Rk3188 720p/1080p touch_screen.ko file

Download: http://cloud.freak-tab.de/public.php...627e9383ece2bf

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
        Try this:

It works!!

Until there's a better fix or update, this little app works really well to alleviate the video choppiness with this ROM on this Stick.

I second this, he actually released a 3rd revision if you check the thread

Comment

Sv: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

You do know of the development here: http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=5256 right?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by csjohnny View Post
            I am very grateful to you Finless Bob!
            But there are two problems:
            1:I installed the MK908 to Finless Bob's 1.5 ROM. Google Play says no compatible device, if I want to install Real Reacing 3, or Anysoftkeyboard.
            2:Build.prop is edited for Samsung devices.
            Init.d is not supported? Does not start automatically, for example virtual_touchsreen.ko file can not start.

Please help.
            I have the same problem with real racing 3. its depending to the rom i test. Some time its just one game and sometime its all the games....

Thx for the dev's

PS: Sorry for my english (french)

Comment

USB storage issue

Hi, I think I can report this as possible 1,5 rom issue rather than a faulty device. I apologize if it it has been covered in the forum already.
              Anyhow, MK908, Bob's ROM 1.5. Every 45 minutes of so, MX player stops playing a video file (not related to video format it appears), shuts itself off, the system doesn't crash but it restarts "preparing USB storage". Once this is done, everything keeps working just fine. I use a 2.5 inch HDD with two NTFS partitions connected via a 2A power hub. The same hub is used to power & connect the stick, over one cable only, the one ending in normal size USB port on the stick. Always did it this way on mk808 and ug802, worked just fine. Thought it might have been a power issue, which i doubt as the hub is pretty solid. To test it, I downgraded to rom 1.4. The issue disappeared completely! Never had a single interruption in a week of intensive watching movies. Another problem occurred however. Only one HDD partition could be mounted on 1.4 rom at the time. In all my previous configuration this was not the case: in fact i could mount as many usb storage devices as I could possibly plug in. On the bright side, 1.4 rom has one truly wonderful option: to unmount usb storage (in: Settings, Storage), which I think is marvelous and should be implemented as standard if this is possible.

Comment

Finless rom with 1080p needed for mk812A/doobol u2

Hi Finless,

Could you please create a finless rom with 1080p for the mk812a/doobol u2 device.

please find the link below:

Thanks

Jeevas V

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

I installed OpenVPN but it doesn't work, complaining that tun.ko may be missing. Is there an easy fix for this?

Comment

Hi,
                    I've received my tronsmart MK908 since last week, and I flashed it with this ROM yesterday. First of all, thank you Finless for this great ROM, very responsive and with a lot of nice tweaks. But I encouter a problem since I patch my tronsmart : my blutooth devices are recognised in the blutooth parameters but I can't use them anymore. Before flashing my BT mouse and keyboard (toshiba BT mouse and HP Touchpad Keyboard, I even tried Logitech di novo mini) are correctly working but now none of them are responsive even if they are paired.
                    Is there a patch to solve this problem ? Or do I have to flash my tronsmart back with the official firmware ?
                    Thank you

Comment

I've finally re-flashed the official firmware because my BT devices where lacking me to much. But a lot applications in the play store are now not compatible. Can someone share the build.prop of the Finless rom please ?
                      Thank you

Envoyé depuis mon MK908 en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        OK folks... The "official ROM came out last night. So basically I did what I did to the BETA ROM.

Netflix WORKS! Also the kernel #21 in this is far more stable in my opinion.

So once again here is my ROM based on the Official 4.2.2 Tronsmart MK908 ROM.

Note: only difference is by POPULAR DEMAND, I change the size of the mouse pointer.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the BETA.

Enjoy,
                        Bob

Features and release notes for my MK908 4.2.2 1.5 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
                        BUT you also have parameter file options!
                        There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
                        Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
                        Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
                        I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
                        Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
                        Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                        Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                        Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                        I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                        Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
                        I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                        If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                        Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                        Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                        Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
                        Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
                        If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                        In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                        NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
                        So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
                        You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                        Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                        ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
                        Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
                        I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
                        If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
                        I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
                        See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
                        720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
                        Bob

thank you flinless...your rom is very perfect
                        but otg i input usb lan box 15 seconds mk908 is reboot...why finless master??
                        just only it problem......finless master pls help me
                        thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
                          I second this, he actually released a 3rd revision if you check the thread
                          I will upgrade and check if skipping is gone. Thx

Comment

To BOb and other developers

I am really greatful to you and other developers for the kind of support you all are giving to people.

Its great that people are sharing their knowledge and helping out each other .

I read and used advises from this forum in the last 2 months .

I HAVE A REQUEST

COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE CHANGES TO FINLESS 1.5 ROM FOR MK908 INCORPORATING THE BLUETOOTH AND WIFI FIXES IN THE RECENT UPDATE FROM TRONSMART.

I HAVE SEEN YOUR UPDATED VERSION FOR TRONSMART T428 AS FINLESS 1.5A ROM .

BUT I COULDNT INSTALL 1.5A ROM FOR TRONSMART T428 IN MY MK908.SO CURRENTLY IAM USING FINLESS 1.5 IN WHICH BLUETOOTH IS ONLY PAIRING BUT NOT CONNECTING .ALSO WIFI SPEEDS ARE LOW AS 5Mbps at most times.

Now I HAVE DOUBT

Tried to change Build.prop file to solve app incompatibility in play store when I flashed the above mentioned tronsmart recent update with bluettoth fix. But the apps are still incompatible.Tried to change values for product,manufacturer,device etc.

If you are not planning to bring mk908 specific update of finless 1.5 rom .please advice me on how to tackle this incompatibility issue by changing build.prop

Thank you so much

NB: Advises are always welcome from anyone

Comment

Originally posted by aakaash007 View Post
                              I am really greatful to you and other developers for the kind of support you all are giving to people.

Its great that people are sharing their knowledge and helping out each other .

I read and used advises from this forum in the last 2 months .

I HAVE A REQUEST

COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE CHANGES TO FINLESS 1.5 ROM FOR MK908 INCORPORATING THE BLUETOOTH AND WIFI FIXES IN THE RECENT UPDATE FROM TRONSMART.

I HAVE SEEN YOUR UPDATED VERSION FOR TRONSMART T428 AS FINLESS 1.5A ROM .

BUT I COULDNT INSTALL 1.5A ROM FOR TRONSMART T428 IN MY MK908.SO CURRENTLY IAM USING FINLESS 1.5 IN WHICH BLUETOOTH IS ONLY PAIRING BUT NOT CONNECTING .ALSO WIFI SPEEDS ARE LOW AS 5Mbps at most times.

Now I HAVE DOUBT

Tried to change Build.prop file to solve app incompatibility in play store when I flashed the above mentioned tronsmart recent update with bluettoth fix. But the apps are still incompatible.Tried to change values for product,manufacturer,device etc.

If you are not planning to bring mk908 specific update of finless 1.5 rom .please advice me on how to tackle this incompatibility issue by changing build.prop

Thank you so much

NB: Advises are always welcome from anyone
                              I HAVE A REQUEST
                              One more thing: INIT.D IS NOT SUPPORTED

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Why are you shouting?

It is not polite.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X