No announcement yet.

Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway to repack or to make this work on version 3? This rom only bootloops on that device

Comment

Originally posted by richarddd View Post
      Is there anyway to repack or to make this work on version 3? This rom only bootloops on that device
      There is a way for the latest hardware to run 1080p kernel.
      Some combination of custom ROM and kernel worked for me.
      When I go back home tonight, I will try to figure out the combination I used.

Comment

Received a MK908 from Geekbuying - probably new hardware: crappy wifi and bootloop with Finless ROM 1.5 - so, I'm confirming.

Edit: Google TV logo at startup.

Comment

Originally posted by KesieV View Post
          Received a MK908 from Geekbuying - probably new hardware: crappy wifi and bootloop with Finless ROM 1.5 - so, I'm confirming.

try that img set
          just make sure you erase the boot AND kernel NAND partitions before flashing
          and make sure you clear the cache
          current devices(rockchip sucks)
          Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
          Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
          rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by KesieV View Post

The Google TV logo at startup, just bootloops over and over. This is after flashing to 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM. Any fix to this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

and new firmware for tronsmart mk908 is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...0802update.rar
              Would someone be kind enough to point to a resource or explain to a newbie what to do with this img file. I was successful in getting Finless 1.5 on the MK908 but I'm still having Netflix woes. I see img files in the finlessrom folder of the Finless 1.5 extract. Maybe I should rename the new image to system.img and run through the steps on the text file again. Thanks to everyone who post and spend time developing for this device. Maybe I'll get netflix working sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by luciust View Post
                The Google TV logo at startup, just bootloops over and over. This is after flashing to 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM. Any fix to this bug?

I'm also getting the Google TV logo and bootloops. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by spica View Post
                  I'm also getting the Google TV logo and bootloops. Anyone?
                  this rom/kernel doesn't work on this stick
                  current devices(rockchip sucks)
                  Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
                  Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
                  rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
                    this rom/kernel doesn't work on this stick
                    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what works with it? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what works with it? Thanks.
                      There is a working 1080p ROM combination for the V3.0 sticks.
                      I have one and it works at 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ght=#post88471
                        Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Issues loading rom please help

Im try to load this onto my mk908 but once have loaded firmware it just shows me google tv screen display and keeps rebooting have i done something wrong i have refirmed it back to orginal stock rom but woul really like to start using 1.5

Comment

Thank you. I'll give it a try.
                            Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ght=#post88471

Thanks vlsi2000, the ROM works well except when I use it with a USB mouse. That's when it reboots. But I went ahead and bought the DroidMote Server app and it's working well so far. I'm thinking it has something to do with the power supply.

I'll continue to test it throughout the week to see if I run into any other issues.

Comment

CIFS

Hi,

I am trying to mount a network share directly to this device. I tried cifs manager and mount manager from the play store. Nothing works. Does anyone know how to do this? or how this works? Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you

Comment

Try to install ES explorer or Solid Explorer, they never failed me while streaming media from samba over wifi (computer running XP).

Comment

Working...
                                X