cs968 stock firmware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
    I see you wrote a lot, but since rockship devices are hard to kill like cats, I can't follow you, but I don't want to waste more of your time and leave you with your moral of the story.

JDfense
    Well, it won't go into firmware write mode and think shorting the flash is the only way I can get it going... It doesn't pop up anymore on my pc either...kinda screwed, donno what to try.

Comment

Shorting the nand is possible the very last option, but I have never needed that step and I don't know where to short in the device.

What I understand so far:
      You are sure, that you have c968 clone. You have unpacked, rooted and repacked the TV01 firmware from the geekbuying link with this cfw tool (I never used it before). Then you flashed with the rkbatch tool 1.7. At the resume of the flash process, you got the error message. After that you never come back into flash mode and your device does not boot, but you have the blue power light.

Questions:
      Have you tried another PC? Possible the Rockship drivers are not good installed.
      Have you flashed with power supply?
      Have you tried another usb port at the pc?
      Have you changend something with usb like adding adb driver, since you flashed before? Windows get sometimes in trouble with different driver for the usb ports.
      Have you tried another Flash tool, by example an Rkandroid tool for 5 img flashing? If you get into flash mode. You can use this tool to erase idb at first - flash then over RKbatch.

Okay, thats all so far.
      JDfense

Comment

does nothing

i was asking Hillyu about shorting it and think it is the only thing i can do....

i did exactly what i said, i didn't root or repack anything, just put an fyi up for people cuz i have a pack.
        it's nbot the cable, did nothing to the drivers, did absolutely nothing besides try and flash tv01. the device no longer lists, it's not the port either....it's that i flashed tv01 and now nothing is on it. like i said, it did the upper and lower formats and then wrote the tv01 to the device and then went to reboot and the loader didn't initialize and doesn't anymore....
        in normal operation: a dim blue light and megaenta light comes on when you plug it in, then a solid bright blue light comes on as the loader boots and it starts to load.
        now after flashing it just shows the dim blue and dim magenta and does nothing after that.
        so we can surmise that the loader is not either on there and it didn't flash anything or it's the wrong one and it isn't initializing at all..
        now we can also surmise since the device does not ring that is is being connected or coming up on my devices that it's not initilizing the usb or any subroutines and is by definition bricked or something like that...
        i would bet that it is either blank or the firmware is so not the right one it isn't actually doing anything...that is backed up by the fact that IT DOES NOTHING.
        i flashed it originally with the power supply cuz i couldn't any oter way and have tried both with and without before and after in different usb ports.

Comment

KALLER.
          What version of Windows do you use?
          You've tried the trick that I mentioned in my previous post?: RockChip Tool doesn’t recognize device.
          As the device is connected to the monitor? HDMI or A/V?
          What kind of monitor? TV (inches?) or Monitor?
          Cheers.

webipsum
          CS968 - JESURUN

Note: If you answer the questions is more easier, because you write a lot and it is hard to understand. Sorry my english, i speak portuguese very well.

Comment

wow!!!!

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
            KALLER.
            What version of Windows do you use?
            You've tried the trick that I mentioned in my previous post?: RockChip Tool doesn’t recognize device.
            As the device is connected to the monitor? HDMI or A/V?
            What kind of monitor? TV (inches?) or Monitor?
            Cheers.

webipsum
            CS968 - JESURUN

Note: If you answer the questions is more easier, because you write a lot and it is hard to understand. Sorry my english, i speak portuguese very well.
            I use windows 7
            that isn't a trick, that's just setting USB speed, so it has no application here.
            it's hooked to a tv/monitor HDMI (doesn't matter)
            kind and inches doesn't matter.

since the pc doesn't load the device cuz the thing is either written with the wrong firmware or formatted, the computer isn't reconizing the device plugged in and isn't loading it.

Comment

ok....still issues

ok.
              i fixed my device to some extent. i used my hacked/rooted ipad and linux/terminal and a usb adapter to force write the tv01 firmware, it works for 2-5 seconds then it freezes most times or reboots or it glitches way out and freezes. but it did get the reset write mode back so i put on CS968-Geass-V1.img and that just sits at the R-BOX boot menu indefinitely. thinking of putting on cs968FW20131015.img. but since the original firmware had the same problem with freezing and glitching i am thinking that it's not gonna matter....now once again, i have no idea what to do...any ideas people?

Comment

Unbrick cs968

Originally posted by hillyu View Post
                Just bought one, and tried to flash different roms (K-R42, minix X7, transmart t420) with no success. The device is using a different loader (RK3188Loader(L)_V2.03) so be aware of the old loaders used in existing built. I bricked it at first, after a long and tedious searching job, I found a way to unbrick it by shorting the D5 and D6 pin on Flash chip (generic solution for bricked devices caused by incorrect flashing).
                Hello;
                very interesting!
                I also bricked my CS968. : (
                could you explain a bit more in detail the way to proceed to unbrick?
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by KALLER View Post
                  ok.
                  i fixed my device to some extent. i used my hacked/rooted ipad and linux/terminal and a usb adapter to force write the tv01 firmware, it works for 2-5 seconds then it freezes most times or reboots or it glitches way out and freezes. but it did get the reset write mode back so i put on CS968-Geass-V1.img and that just sits at the R-BOX boot menu indefinitely. thinking of putting on cs968FW20131015.img. but since the original firmware had the same problem with freezing and glitching i am thinking that it's not gonna matter....now once again, i have no idea what to do...any ideas people?
                  Could you elaborate on this technique? I'm stuck in the USB device not recognized mode. I'm a fellow Minnesotan stay warm today -40 windchill.

Comment

Where you at in MN? Seems that way til I get 3 layers on:P

saycin painstaking detail what happened and is going on, the dumb shit you may have done also, lol

i have read and read for Weeks about everything on these boxes, I may be able to help...if you lookup, I typed my second by second narration, it should help, those guys got me to check things I didn't think of and eventually it all helped and I appreciate it

Comment

I'm in Oakdale, another -9 degrees this morning. I did get mine working again, here is what I did: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-TV01-CS968-V3. Thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by brick0044 View Post
                        I'm in Oakdale, another -9 degrees this morning. I did get mine working again, here is what I did: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-TV01-CS968-V3. Thanks for getting back to me.
                        I still can't get mine to work, major errors in the FW, maybe the few fw's recently put out May work? I got tv01 to work for a few sec's (like the original FW)...but with the 2013 geass and tv01, the most one does is work a few seconds and then says UI failed, then bam, can 'to get it to do anything ver again, red lashing now, but wondering what to use?

Android 4.2.2 originally on it, 1.6 ghz, wifi, rj45, BT, Op out, 4 USB, 200 mp cam and mic
                        smart tv box, mode: cs968, OS: android 4.2, power: 5v/2a, arm cortex A9, ram 2gb, rom:8gb
                        concerning the board:
                        AP6210 TOD5007 1321, HTC-T018-V2-20130918
                        maybe I can finally get this to work?

Comment

Working...
                        X