Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
    Mitglied.
    I believe the JDfense was making a joke.
    I did not take it as a critique... But since my post was not really about "stock firmware" ... my post was not exactly on topic either...

Comment

hillyu and friends.
      I made a backup with NanDroid.
      When I went to recover, the NanDroid ask regarding the mode of recovery. Two options are displayed.
      What kind of recovery is provided by CS968?
      How do I recover the factory installation?
      Thank you.
      JDfense.
      Have you any tips about my questions?
      Tks.

Comment

I tried the cloudnet's 1080p firmware but i am going back to 720p because the letters are very small and it hurt my eyes.
        There is a new firmware for CS968 can anyone download it and post the link here? I can't register on csq forum http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Y2FvunPMnLWj9A

The firmware is from 2/11/2013

Comment

convict.
          The firmware (cs968FW20131015.img) is compatible with any CS968?
          Please, you used the firmware (cs968FW20131015.img)? Worked fine?
          My CS968 is this one... Jesurun CS968. Kernel Version 3.0.36+ Wep Sep 25 19:42:20 CST 2013 Vendor software version: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.0_130514
          I could not find how to do the firmware update.
          Will help me?
          Thank you ..

Comment

convict.
            The firmware (cs968FW20131015.img) is compatible with any CS968?
            Please, you used the firmware (cs968FW20131015.img)? Worked fine?
            My CS968 is this one... Jesurun CS968. Kernel Version 3.0.36+ Wep Sep 25 19:42:20 CST 2013 Vendor software version: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.0_130514
            I could not find how to do the firmware update.
            Will help me?
            Thank you ..
            Hi, all the things you need are in the following thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oudnetGo-CR11s
            Cheers
            The firmwares in the link provided are compatible with CS968, which means that you can flash them on your device. I am going to flash the custom rom from Hillyu

Comment

convict.
              Thank you for your attention.
              A little confusing to me (reason: my little knowledge of Inglês, Chinese...).
              I'll wait a little longer.
              I still can not identify which firmware is more appropriate and better!
              And how to install ...

Comment

convict.
                Thank you for your attention.
                A little confusing to me (reason: my little knowledge of Inglês, Chinese...).
                I'll wait a little longer.
                I still can not identify which firmware is more appropriate and better!
                And how to install ...
                Hi, you should download the drivers http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip extract the file you downloaded and then double click the file DriverInstall.exe and after press install.
                After you have to download this firmware https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt5b7vh66q...8-Geass-V1.img
                and then download rk batch tool http://www.solidfiles.com/d/747bdce149/

and do this

1. make sure that "Connect to PC is" disabled (
                Settings -> USB -> Connect to PC)
                2. make sure that "USB debugging" is activated (Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging)
                3. connect the USB-Port next to microSD-Card reader to your PC
                4. press the reset button for 3 to 5 sec. to activate debug mode
                5. start the RK Batch Tool and make sure that your device is shown as connected (if your device isn't connected the drivers are not installed correctly)
                6. open the custom firmware and start flashing by click on "Restore"

Comment

Now, I'm not so confused! Three cheers for the convict!

convict. Wonderful.

Please. Can I save the current firmware before installing custom firmware?
                  The application RK Batch Tool does this?
                  Tks.

Note: CS968-Geass-V1.img: has portuguese language?

convict.
                  Are you enjoying the custom firmware CS968-Geass?
                  Can I save the current firmware before installing custom firmware?
                  tks...
                  Last edited by webipsum; 11-18-2013, 01:02.

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                    I tried the cloudnet's 1080p firmware but i am going back to 720p because the letters are very small and it hurt my eyes.
                    There is a new firmware for CS968 can anyone download it and post the link here? I can't register on csq forum http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Y2FvunPMnLWj9A

The firmware is from 2/11/2013
                    convict, can u point to cloudnet's 1080p firmware ? is this rooted, anyways to root it ?
                    BTW i dont understand why in the sound devices, there is input sound device ? do u know in which xml file this setting is there, i want to disable this.

Comment

convict. Wonderful.

Please. Can I save the current firmware before installing custom firmware?
                      The application RK Batch Tool does this?
                      Tks.

Note: CS968-Geass-V1.img: has portuguese language?

convict.
                      Are you enjoying the custom firmware CS968-Geass?
                      Can I save the current firmware before installing custom firmware?
                      tks...
                      here u go for duming the current fw, its aleangthy process

Comment

BRICK HELP!!!

hey Hillyu,
                        looks like I bricked my cs9868 RK3188 device also. my board looks exactly like yours and
                        here's the link of what i bought:
                        http://www.****.com/itm/RK3188-Quad-...61116411347%26

i used rkbatch tool 1.7 trying to install htc_t018_pubilic_ap6210_20131010.img off of geekbuying and it did everything but said this and errored out :

<Layer 2-1-1> Wait For Loader Fail
                        ***********Restore Done success<0> Fail<1> Time<45834>********

the firmware it had on it was CSQ1310-12...meaning it came out 12-10-13

but until that point it all the formats and everything went fine till the reboot to the loader (guessing cuz it wasn't 2.0) and then had issues....now is just does the getting power light and nothing else, even when hlding the reset button in and does not come up on my pc as a device.

i was hoping you could put a pic up pointing me how to short the flash out and what firmware to put in.

for everyone else i have the CFW tools and rooting tools, i can put the link up if wanted
                        all you need is the pack and then a stock firmware img that you want to use, it upacks, repacks, then roots.

Comment

Do you have a copy of your stock rom? Try to reflash.
                          Connect otg with pc usb, start rkflash, press reset until you have the greenlight on 1 in the flash tool, finally pick your stock and reflash with restore button.
                          Possible you have another hardware or your rom download was broken, or your usb cable is bad.
                          Good luck

JDfense

Comment

RockChip Tool doesn’t recognize device...

KALLER.
                            So you can not install another firmware?
                            You have CWM installed on the CS968?
                            You can get into CWM recovery and do a restore?
                            What version of windows are you using?
                            Cheers.

webipsum
                            CS968 - JESURUN

EDITED:

RockChip Tool doesn’t recognize device

In config.ini of the rkbatch tool 1.7:

Look for:

LOGFLAG=TRUE
                            #SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
                            SUPPORTLOWUSB=

This you change into:

LOGFLAG=TRUE
                            #SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
                            SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE
                            FULLSPEEDUSB=TRUE

Conect USB cable in USB of device (USB near of the SDCard slot). And try again.

Sources:
                            ¡Página No Encontrada! 404 Lo sentimos, pero no podemos encontrar la página que estabas buscando. Mientras tanto, prueba una de estas opciones: Ir a la Página Anterior Ir al Inicio Usa nuestro buscador para encontrar el contenido

Last edited by webipsum; 12-05-2013, 21:01.

Comment

yyyyyeeeeaaahhhh, gonna need more then that...

JDfense and webipsum,
                              obviosuly i don't have a copy of my stock rom since i couldn't get a backup (that was messed up anyhow), that would be why i asked Hillyu for a link/copy, cuz he has the same thing i do (for the most part). i can't reflash (like i said) cuz i believe the loader on the firmware i tried to use is 1.0 and the one i need should be 2.0, by me saying that you should be able to uderstand the deal. i reflashed with rkbatch 1.7, it got fully done and went to reboot and got to the loader and does nothing cuz it can't load, there is nothing on it or happening like i said...when you intitiallly plug the power in the dim blue light comes on to say that it has power and then nothing happens besides that, it doesn't have the flash/debug/reset button commands or capabilities anymore so i would have to use what Hillyu talked about in his first msg and error out the flash, then reboot and install the right firmware CSQ1310-12.

i appreciate you guys trying to help, but i would prefer that you read what i already comprehensively typed so i don't have to over explain something that i explained quite well already. maybe i would force flash it but i haven't done something like that in awhile and would have to use linux or dos 6.2 command.com to do it, maybe a linux ascii terminal or something, but i would have to remember how even to do that anymore.

moral of the story, read what i initially wrote so that you aren't wasting yours and my time...but i do appreciate the effort, it just can't be half hearted help and reading.

also obviously, i had it hooked up and going cuz i misflashed a bad firmware, the firware img is listed above and available on geekbuying.com

Comment

I see you wrote a lot, but since rockship devices are hard to kill like cats, I can't follow you, but I don't want to waste more of your time and leave you with your moral of the story.

JDfense

Comment

Working...
                                X