Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809IV RK3188-T - Internet problems

Hello there!
    I hope some of you could help me a bit! Yesterday I got a brand new MK809IV Android Mini PC

I wanted to install DroidMote Server from play store, but it required root. I tried to go to UGOOS.net and download their rooted version to their MK809IV (They don't look a like, but they had same model number).
    It then bricked and after trying 20+ .img-files, I finally found one that could bring me the device back!

But now I can't turn on wifi or bluetooth - It says it does, but it doesn't! :'(

Can someone help me find the original 4.2.2. firmware for my device? I've found some pictures of it:

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

If anyone would or could be at any help .. please!

/Patrick

Your in a bad boat

If all else fails buy another one and make a backup if you know how of the ROM and then throw it back on to this one - sorry for the bad news - I PM'ed bracky1 for you on here who has one of these, maybe he can backup hisand then send it to you - best of luck mate

Comment

Ok by the ocg port there two little chips next to the antenna wire. (pic 4)
      You need to read what they say as they are the wifi and blue-tooth chips and once that's known finding a rom/kernel should be simple enough.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by gollygosh View Post
        If all else fails buy another one and make a backup if you know how of the ROM and then throw it back on to this one - sorry for the bad news - I PM'ed bracky1 for you on here who has one of these, maybe he can backup hisand then send it to you - best of luck mate
        As a matter of fact, that's not a bad idea I had the same myself but I bought it at aliexpress and I've tried to get the seller to pull the factory for the standard ROM. She would make it a try, but if you know one who can do a backup I can use, it would be a lot easier!

Let me know if "Bracky1" gets back to you!
        Alternatively, how do I pull out the ROM from another stick?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
          Ok by the ocg port there two little chips next to the antenna wire. (pic 4)
          You need to read what they say as they are the wifi and blue-tooth chips and once that's known finding a rom/kernel should be simple enough.
          The pictures in my first post is not mine, didn't have a camera at my hand yesterday, but here are some I just took: the two small chips says "R2R"

http://imgur.com/LPyjFyg <--- these modules, right?

The things I can find in total is a build date : 19.10.2013
          Rockchip RK3188-T
          ACTIVE 8846QM CD363
          X2H_TV03 VR2

And there was a sticker on the SanDisk module saying:
          D809 8G 2G
          XT140419
          XT20140418158 0421
          CFL

If it can be at any help
          Last edited by patrickpetersen; 05-15-2014, 01:09. Reason: Wrong text on small modules. Corrected it :)

Comment

In pic 4 (its always pic 4 lol)

Below the micro usb ports next to the wire is a chip which is likely your wireless/blue-tooth.

There should be writing on it telling us what it is.

Comment

Below the micro usb ports next to the wire is a chip which is likely your wireless/blue-tooth.

I'm not during it on purpose!

But that's a little sad.. Or bad.. Because it's so unclear or do small that I can't read it and when I'm trying to take a close up picture, it gets out of focus! :'(

I will try to find a magnifying glass or see if I can go to the local University to borrow a microscope or something.!

Comment

I GOT ONE WHERE IT'S READABLE!

Edit: I think it says:

RTL872385
                E2G58E1
                3E100

But I'm not sure..
                Last edited by patrickpetersen; 05-15-2014, 01:32. Reason: Made link clickable and added possible text

Comment

Originally posted by patrickpetersen View Post
                  I GOT ONE WHERE IT'S READABLE!

Edit: I think it says:

RTL872385
                  E2G58E1
                  3E100

But I'm not sure..
                  By those first letters its a Realtek chipset rather then the newer broadcom chipsets.

Have you tried http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...9-old-new-wifi or http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-4-4-2-FullHD

Both should have the drivers for the older chipset.

RTL....Realtek
                  MT...
                  Mediatek
                  BCM...
                  Broadcom

Comment

By those first letters its a Realtek chipset rather then the newer broadcom chipsets.

Have you tried http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...9-old-new-wifi or http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-4-4-2-FullHD

Both should have the drivers for the older chipset.
                    Haven't tried any of them, but I will have a go at them. I'll just use a batchtool or the other one where it's possible to ears ibb or something like that, right?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but on my dongle it says MK809IV and the ROMs you're referring to is for the 802IV. Is it the same "under the hood" or is my dongle a simple copy?

Comment

Haven't tried any of them, but I will have a go at them. I'll just use a batchtool or the other one where it's possible to ears ibb or something like that, right?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but on my dongle it says MK809IV and the ROMs you're referring to is for the 802IV. Is it the same "under the hood" or is my dongle a simple copy?
                      They come with thier own flasher which has the erase IDB.

And yes they should work fine since the hardware is the same between these devices.

I Am using neomodes 3.1 which is for the newer chipset BCM AP6210.
                      The older version of the MK802IV use the rtl chipset.

Almost always the only different between the quad cores is the wifi chipset otherwise they use the same cpu and mem as others.

Comment

They come with thier own flasher which has the erase IDB.

And yes they should work fine since the hardware is the same between these devices.

I Am using neomodes 3.1 which is for the newer chipset BCM AP6210.
                        The older version of the MK802IV use the rtl chipset.

Almost always the only different between the quad cores is the wifi chipset otherwise they use the same cpu and mem as others.
                        ARRRH! Okay! So that's the reason why my wifi aren't working! I can't remember what ROM I have now.. I think it's finless with the AP6210! It said something with 'new wifi' and I thought, that my device was a newer edition because I got it two days ago

Comment

ARRRH! Okay! So that's the reason why my wifi aren't working! I can't remember what ROM I have now.. I think it's finless with the AP6210! It said something with 'new wifi' and I thought, that my device was a newer edition because I got it two days ago
                          There nothing really wrong with the older chipset and i think it really just comes down to cost and availability of parts at the time of production.

Comment

There nothing really wrong with the older chipset and i think it really just comes down to cost and availability of parts at the time of production.
                            Okay I tried this the first one ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-4-4-2-FullHD ) this morning before I got off to the university
                            It did boot with the 4 linux penguins at the upper left in 1080 (my TV showed) and then 720. Swifting and booting on and on in a loop

I've tried to clear the IDB three times and install it again, but without any luck - Just getting the boot loop.
                            When I connect it to the computer it doesn't reconize it anymore. But I'll try to flash the other one when I get home - Can't wait!

Comment

If you Stick will not seen by the Computer you can make a NAND Reset of the Stick.
                              Then you can reflash it.

For your Sticks it is a Normal MK809III but the Wifi has change to Media Tek Chip.
                              They are not Bad by the Way. I will try to make a Version with this DriverĀ“s must see where i can merge them.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                              X