MK809IV RK3188-T - Internet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neomode View Post
    If you Stick will not seen by the Computer you can make a NAND Reset of the Stick.
    Then you can reflash it.

For your Sticks it is a Normal MK809III but the Wifi has change to Media Tek Chip.
    They are not Bad by the Way. I will try to make a Version with this DriverĀ“s must see where i can merge them.

Neomode
    Okay, that's good! I thought it was some old crap I got myself!
    As for the second thread you refeer to ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...9-old-new-wifi ) I'm at step 3, but stuck..

3. Replace kernel with:
    When I go to the first link, there is so many links.. Will the RTL8188EU under "STICKS" be the right one? And what about the second link? Should I do both or just the first RTL8188EU even though mine is RTL812385? kernel_rtl8188eu_SD (1).img

EDIT: Okay, I've downloaded the one in the second link named "Kernel_rtl8188eu_SD.img", but which file is to be replaced?

This is the files in the ROM:

Last edited by patrickpetersen; 05-15-2014, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      If you Stick will not seen by the Computer you can make a NAND Reset of the Stick.
      Then you can reflash it.

For your Sticks it is a Normal MK809III but the Wifi has change to Media Tek Chip.
      They are not Bad by the Way. I will try to make a Version with this DriverĀ“s must see where i can merge them.

Neomode

The first is proably Media tek but the second certainly isn't.

There so many versions of the 809 now its gotten nuts.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
        The first is proably Media tek but the second certainly isn't.

There so many versions of the 809 now its gotten nuts.
        So what should I do now? I'm a bit confused!

I got an answer from the seller providing me with this link:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o62RoEIThe file name is "T010_publice_AP6210_20130905.img" it's the same result as any other ROM - When I'm turning on the WIFI or BlueTooth, it will turn off I wrote her back that I wanted to try another ROM if she could get one from the manufacture that's NOT AP6210 but a realtek

Comment

Originally posted by patrickpetersen View Post
          So what should I do now? I'm a bit confused!

I got an answer from the seller providing me with this link:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o62RoEIThe file name is "T010_publice_AP6210_20130905.img" it's the same result as any other ROM - When I'm turning on the WIFI or BlueTooth, it will turn off I wrote her back that I wanted to try another ROM if she could get one from the manufacture that's NOT AP6210 but a realtek
          Yeah yours is clearly not med tek but realtek

I would make a request the D33 kernel thread to see if he can imake akernel with the driver for your wifi/bluetooth.

Comment

Yeah yours is clearly not med tek but realtek

I would make a request the D33 kernel thread to see if he can imake akernel with the driver for your wifi/bluetooth.
            And the question: Which of the kernels from the link beneath the D33 from the link you provided earlier on? Is it just the RLT8188EU ? And when I download the kernel, what do I do with it?

Comment

And the question: Which of the kernels from the link beneath the D33 from the link you provided earlier on? Is it just the RLT8188EU ? And when I download the kernel, what do I do with it?
              It looks like he only made tv stick kernels in that verions for 3.1a.

You can put in a request to have him make a newer 4.1 with it but for the moment 3.1a should still work as nearly all the roms up here are still based on beta .

Comment

It looks like he only made tv stick kernels in that verions for 3.1a.

You can put in a request to have him make a newer 4.1 with it but for the moment 3.1a should still work as nearly all the roms up here are still based on beta .
                Okay So the RTL8188EU will be a try! Do I need to delete files from the old build or do I just paste the new kernel in the ROM folder? (Im all new to this tv-stick thing!)

Comment

Yes

Yes is the simple answer - but don't blame us if you blow it up
                  You just have to tell the flash tool what kernel you want if I am reading your intentions correctly.
                  Let us know how you get on.

Okay So the RTL8188EU will be a try! Do I need to delete files from the old build or do I just paste the new kernel in the ROM folder? (Im all new to this tv-stick thing!)

Comment

same problem - bought mk809iV wih Mediatek wifi Chip
                    cannot find firmware

seems like new mk809iV at aliexpress - all with mtk

Comment

MK809IV 2GB RAM 8GB ROM Android 4.2.2 Firmware
                      Wifi MT5931
                      4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

or
                      Last edited by halilyil; 07-07-2014, 19:13.

Comment

MK809IV RK3188-T - Internet problems

Patrickpetersen...did you finally solve the issue?
                        I have just purchased one of mk809iv...(29usd on aliexpress shipped)
                        And i am collecting the info prior to receive it.
                        Which ROMS are usable?
                        Is announced a kitkat out there...is usable?

Can you provide links for valid roms?
                        Many thanks in advance

Comment

I have that same one, and mine both chips say MEDIATEK on them. Are you saying yours have both MEDIATEK and REALTEK chipsets?

EDIT: NVM, I didn't read the msg you saying the first pics weren't form your device.

Usually AP6210 has a silver cover and it says AP6210 on it - AND the antenna cable is attached to the cover and not the RED antenna

Mediatek has 2 chips on the board/module and both say MEDIATEK on them
                          and Realtek has a single chip on the board/module and both of these have the antenna cable attached to the RED antenna, which BTW I found it useless, it dropped 1 bar when I pulled it out.... LOL

Comment

@ patrickpetersen

did you manage to get a working rom with wifi ?

i have purchased the same device and tried number of roms and linux including apc one and mediatek one.

Comment

Working...
                            X