No announcement yet.

[CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will load and test this week, new install program looks neat. any benchmarks done yet?
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Brilliant work from the Nitro Team!

I can confirm that this works great with my MK809III (RK3188T) - it's the most painless rom install I've ever had on a mini PC, and everything I've tested so far works great. Wifi works fine, I have to test bluetooth tonight. I'm getting married in 3 weeks - and I'm giving my groomsmen MK809III's, and this will be the rom I install.

So far there's just one improvement I'd like to see, and one comment:

Sound: As with D33's kernels, the new Kit Kat audio drivers don't work with all screens. Finless had a discussion with D33 on D33's thread. The device polls the screen for audio capability - if it doesn't get a response from the screen, no sound is output. On Jellybean, I believe Stereo was the default.

I have one screen (out of 3) where I get no audio out. Is it possible to set up the old jellybean drivers as an option? Or better yet, can you have sound default to stereo (instead of no sound) - if the screen doesn't report back?

Kernel Speed: Not a complaint, since I really don't care. My RK3188T is unlocked to 1.6GHZ, which is fantastic. But at the same speed, this kernel is a little slower than D33's. I get consistent 17,500 scores in Antutu using your kernel. With D33's HD kernel, no overclock (1.6ghz) - I got 19,500 on the same device.

XBMC: This is a nitpick but "Nitroteam Edition" is spelled wrong. It is spelled "Nitroteam edidion" I believe.

In short - I'm very happy with your work, outstanding ROM! If you can improve the sound drivers, that would be amazing.

Comment

Re: [CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
        Brilliant work from the Nitro Team!

I can confirm that this works great with my MK809III (RK3188T) - it's the most painless rom install I've ever had on a mini PC, and everything I've tested so far works great. Wifi works fine, I have to test bluetooth tonight. I'm getting married in 3 weeks - and I'm giving my groomsmen MK809III's, and this will be the rom I install.

So far there's just one improvement I'd like to see, and one comment:

Sound: As with D33's kernels, the new Kit Kat audio drivers don't work with all screens. Finless had a discussion with D33 on D33's thread. The device polls the screen for audio capability - if it doesn't get a response from the screen, no sound is output. On Jellybean, I believe Stereo was the default.

I have one screen (out of 3) where I get no audio out. Is it possible to set up the old jellybean drivers as an option? Or better yet, can you have sound default to stereo (instead of no sound) - if the screen doesn't report back?

Kernel Speed: Not a complaint, since I really don't care. My RK3188T is unlocked to 1.6GHZ, which is fantastic. But at the same speed, this kernel is a little slower than D33's. I get consistent 17,500 scores in Antutu using your kernel. With D33's HD kernel, no overclock (1.6ghz) - I got 19,500 on the same device.

XBMC: This is a nitpick but "Nitroteam Edition" is spelled wrong. It is spelled "Nitroteam edidion" I believe.

In short - I'm very happy with your work, outstanding ROM! If you can improve the sound drivers, that would be amazing.
        I just answer your pm asking for your device
        The kernel is realized for the mk902, your mk908III for sure that doesn't have the rk1000 to control sound and tvout, that is why it fails in sound and more
        This week we are trying to remove some reported bugs, as soon we finish with them we will try to add more devices to our ROM.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
        Enviado desde el telefono.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Antutu 18000 plus not bad for a 1080p kernel, sound no issues on mk902, testing video and speeds today but seems to be very stable so far,

Ill post full review once all done,

edit, having alot of reboot issues, having wifi and ethernet enabled not good chice for start up one or the other, program boot errors will not load xbmc re boots grabed a new box same issues on flash, reloading both boxes again, less re boots but same issue with wifi network, disable one or the other on boot up might help.
          Last edited by scooter2014; 05-19-2014, 20:31.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
            I just answer your pm asking for your device
            The kernel is realized for the mk902, your mk908III for sure that doesn't have the rk1000 to control sound and tvout, that is why it fails in sound and more
            This week we are trying to remove some reported bugs, as soon we finish with them we will try to add more devices to our ROM.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
            Hello Leolas - I'm absolutely sure RK1000 sound works on my MK809III. I know because after installing your rom - it works on two of my three televisions. The third (a motorola lapdock) it doesn't work for. I'll give you a link to the D33 thread - where Finless discussed with D33 about the difference in televisions, and how it used to work for jellybean.

Comment

Hello Leolas - I'm absolutely sure RK1000 sound works on my MK809III. I know because after installing your rom - it works on two of my three televisions. The third (a motorola lapdock) it doesn't work for. I'll give you a link to the D33 thread - where Finless discussed with D33 about the difference in televisions, and how it used to work for jellybean.
              OK, please pass me the link and if you can, run terminal emulator and write:
              su
              dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then in the root of your sdcard you will found a file called dmesg.txt
              Please upload this file to some place and give me the link.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

For kicks i stuck it on the MK802IV and it worked fine including sound.
                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

gave up to many reboots when any program opened so will test when more stable d33 kernel in neo or Smic roms best preformance so far, screens nice but any browser kills box, xbmc still wont load not even first boot ?

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    OK, please pass me the link and if you can, run terminal emulator and write:
                    su
                    dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then in the root of your sdcard you will found a file called dmesg.txt
                    Please upload this file to some place and give me the link.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                    Here you go, see posts 1089 to 1097:

Just to be clear, I think this affects all Kitkat kernels. If you have an old TV or monitor, there's a better chance that sound won't work. Since jellybean would send out stereo regardless, it worked with all TV's.

Since it's working fine with most modern TV's - don't kill yourself on this issue. It would just be nice if there could be a compromise - like enabling the old sound drivers in jellybean as an option.

I'll send you my dmesg tonight - using the screen that won't work.

Comment

ya D33 put some different res in his build, allowing different settings for res in the build should help with tv handshake issue on some, some will always be an issue because of low standards. ok loaded on 4 different machines still getting crashes from xbmc loaded beyond froze twice and rebooted as well, run dolpin reboot same on all 4 boxes, They are random so dont know whats causing it as i finally got beyond to boot but slow.

Comment

Here you go, see posts 1089 to 1097:

Just to be clear, I think this affects all Kitkat kernels. If you have an old TV or monitor, there's a better chance that sound won't work. Since jellybean would send out stereo regardless, it worked with all TV's.

Since it's working fine with most modern TV's - don't kill yourself on this issue. It would just be nice if there could be a compromise - like enabling the old sound drivers in jellybean as an option.

I'll send you my dmesg tonight - using the screen that won't work.
                        Thanks mate, those posts makes sense to me, I will try something when I have some free time, the sound and video part are so different in jb and KitKat that a reversion is impossible for me.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

On further testing with a TV where sound works, I am blown away. This ROM works great with my MK809III. I was streaming 1080p video without a hitch. My Bluetooth headset worked great, no sync issues. My Mele F10 appears fully supported. Netflix looks much smoother than on my Imito QX1, perhaps it's the build prop?

Really, the only thing I could want is for an optional sound driver so I could use this with my Motorola Lapdock. For that screen I am using Neomode 1.9A (jellybean). I have the dmesg, I will have to find a way to get it to Leolas.

I really think you should change the title of the thread to include the MK809III. After a couple hours of testing, I think it's100% compatible.

Comment

I don't think a optional driver is needed here to fix the issue.

Ad mentioned kitkat polls the device to see what its capable of and if there no response then no sound it sent out.
                            Instead of no sound there should be a default setting like stereo if no response is had from the device.

This way even older devices incapable or too slow in responding would have a sound option.

Still wouln't be simple to do i think but much more so the trying to change the driver.
                            Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                              I don't think a optional driver is needed here to fix the issue.

Ad mentioned kitkat polls the device to see what its capable of and if there no response then no sound it sent out.
                              Instead of no sound there should be a default setting like stereo if no response is had from the device.

This way even older devices incapable or too slow in responding would have a sound option.

Still wouln't be simple to do i think but much more so the trying to change the driver.
                              Agreed, changing the default to stereo instead of mute would probably be easier, but since I am not a developer I don't want to assume.

Comment

MK902- TESTS

Ok did further testing and got xbmc to load crashed in movie, beyond loaded crashed then crashed 3 times longest run was 20 minutes without reeboot or freeze, let me know what logs you want as 4 boxes loaded with it now but not one will stay running. files open access and had crash in that as well, Has anyone on a MMK902 got this rom to load and not crash or re boot?? ( on windows 8 machine ill have xp machine tonight so ill re flash with that system tonight as i still dont trust these fricking drivers from rockcrap!)

Comment

Working...
                                X