Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Best way to maximize WiFi performance MK809 III +rtl8723bs CYX809III v5.1 20140726

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Best way to maximize WiFi performance MK809 III +rtl8723bs CYX809III v5.1 20140726

Hello.
    I bought an MK809 III and after installing it I get, with
    the stock ROM very bad WiFi performance.
    After opening it I saw it was an RT3188T with the realtek 8732 WiFi chip.
    The stick doesn't have an external antenna but it also doesn't have a wire soldered to the PCB. Is this normal?
    Is there anything I can do to improve the WiFi throughput.
    Change firmware?
    Thank you all.
    Attached Files

Looks like your antenna is printed on circuit board. So the trick of hanging the antenna outside won't work. But I think it is still possible to cut the circuit and run the wire through an external antenna. You need to be handy though.

Comment

After trying more times I see something strange. When I start copying a file I get 150KB but after two or three minutes it goes up to 2.4 MB. Do you know what may be the reason for this behaviour?

thanks

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pblfdez View Post
        Hello.
        The stick doesn't have an external antenna but it also doesn't have a wire soldered to the PCB. Is this normal?
        Change firmware?
        Thank you all.
        Hi this looks exactly like the model I have there is no wifi wired arial and no heat sink anywhere. At first I thought it was assembled incorrectly but now it seems not. My experience with the device has been mixed, it works ok on YouTube and bbc I player but Netflix is very jerky. I have noticed there is a improvement if the ac adapter is used as this device definitely needs the 2amp supply. I would appreciate any advice on how to get Netflix working ok. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Morleym2002 View Post
          Hi this looks exactly like the model I have there is no wifi wired arial and no heat sink anywhere. At first I thought it was assembled incorrectly but now it seems not. My experience with the device has been mixed, it works ok on YouTube and bbc I player but Netflix is very jerky. I have noticed there is a improvement if the ac adapter is used as this device definitely needs the 2amp supply. I would appreciate any advice on how to get Netflix working ok. Thank You
          I have this same model and I can't get the Charter TV app to stream sound. Video streams but no sound

Comment

Originally posted by djnicemobile View Post
            I have this same model and I can't get the Charter TV app to stream sound. Video streams but no sound
            Hi my device does not have that app so I can't help, however, I have done some investigating because mine repeatedly rebooted during playback of Netflix. This model seems to have the RK3188-T processor and mine has now been replaced by the supplier as faulty. The replacement has the same processor and is still poor at playing Netflix streams but does not reboot. I have updated a blacklist on this site that shows the products and suppliers who advertise these as being RK3188 (not T models) capable of running at higher performance speeds. I also noticed that both my supplied devices have their processor chips masked over with some kind of tape to perhaps try and hide their model numbers?

Comment

I actually think the tape is there to absorb heat. But I am able to stream video from other sources.. just no sound on Charter TV app

Comment

Originally posted by djnicemobile View Post
                I actually think the tape is there to absorb heat. But I am able to stream video from other sources.. just no sound on Charter TV app
                Hi, it may be so but on this blacklist site it seems others think it is more to hide the CPU type

Other pictures I have seen on Freek Tab of the RK3188 dont show any cover over the CPU and I have read that that CPU can run up to 1.8GHZ, uses more power and so probably generates more heat than our model. My model was described by the supplier as:-

• Hossen®- is a registered trademark protected by the UK Trademark Law. Hossen® products are sold by authorized sellers only. The item is of Hossen® brand logo, any misuse of Trademark Hossen®without prior approval from Hossen® will take legal action
                • Google Android 4.2.2 . Adobe Flash 11.1 Support Rockchip RK3188 1.8GHz Cortex A9 Quad Core+ Mali400 GPU Quad Core 2GB RAM 8GB ROM
                • Support MP1,MP2,MP3,WMA,OGG,AAC,M4A,FLAC,APE,AC3,AMR,DTS,R A, WAV // Support Audio information classification and Album art display
                • This TV stick shares plenty common functions with PC. With this fantastic TV stick, you can watch many brilliant movies or videos from Youtube. You can communicate with your friend through Skype, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter or other online social network without any barriers. In addition, there also some applications which can offer funny entertainments to you to kill the time. Such as watching online or offline TV, playing games or reading interested stories download from E-Book etc.
                • Support AVI,H.264,VC-1,MPEG-2,MPEG-4,DIVD/DIVX,Real8/9/10,RM,RMVB,PMP,FLV,MP4,M4V,VOB,WMV,3GP,MKV etc. WEB format FLASH11.1 HTML5 // Player decode: 1080p 30fps

This I think is missleading on Amazon UK

Comment

Originally posted by Pblfdez View Post
                  Hello.
                  Change firmware?
                  Thank you all.

Dude!!! did this come with KitKat firmware??? I have this board (branded as Diaotec J22) and I flashed an incompatible kernel and it hasn't worked since.

Can you dump your ROM for me!!!???????? I can't find a working one anywhere, probably tried 20 ROMs with rk3188 and 8723bs. I am supposed to be setting this up for a customer and not booting is really hanging me up!

I would be forever in your debt!
                  Thanks,
                  -SB
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                  RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                    Dude!!! did this come with KitKat firmware??? I have this board (branded as Diaotec J22) and I flashed an incompatible kernel and it hasn't worked since.

Can you dump your ROM for me!!!???????? I can't find a working one anywhere, probably tried 20 ROMs with rk3188 and 8723bs. I am supposed to be setting this up for a customer and not booting is really hanging me up!

I would be forever in your debt!
                    Thanks,
                    -SB
                    Finless may have a ROM for this device already uploaded, have a search or pm him.

Comment

Originally posted by Morleym2002 View Post
                      Finless may have a ROM for this device already uploaded, have a search or pm him.
                      I finally found one here that works https://yadi.sk/d/kw9BKrrFdZhWE

It says for the 5.2 board and mine is 5.1, but it works. Actually it's better than the original because this one supports 1080p/60hz output. Original was 720p only

Cheers! If anyone is having trouble with the 5.1 or 5.2 sticks this one works great!
                      -SB
                      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

I finally found one here that works https://yadi.sk/d/kw9BKrrFdZhWE

It says for the 5.2 board and mine is 5.1, but it works. Actually it's better than the original because this one supports 1080p/60hz output. Original was 720p only

Cheers! If anyone is having trouble with the 5.1 or 5.2 sticks this one works great!
                        -SB
                        UOWWW! I'll try this firmware for my MK809, is defective and can not find a suitable firmware for it. The description is similar to what I see on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by fpmarc View Post
                          UOWWW! I'll try this firmware for my MK809, is defective and can not find a suitable firmware for it. The description is similar to what I see on the board.

Yep, that's the board I have. Mine was sold as a diaotec j22.

Let us know if it works. I'm gonna put SPMC 14.1 beta 1 on later and test it.
                          Cheers,
                          -SB

Comment

Yep, that's the board I have. Mine was sold as a diaotec j22.

Let us know if it works. I'm gonna put SPMC 14.1 beta 1 on later and test it.
                            Cheers,
                            -SB
                            Ok, after the test I communicate you!
                            Cheers,

Filipe

Comment

You know if I can use the same procedure to flash NeoMode-ROM?

Comment

Working...
                              X