The latest news about RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")? If hardware problems are found will you buy the next beta version too?

If the actual specifications are ok for you it's ok, but I don't understand why to buy an unfinished product hoping one day maybe will be better.

It's good if you get one for free to test, but PAY for a BETA hardware?

Just my oppinion
    I absolutely agree. It's not serious to sell something which is incomplete and full of bugs andprobably will be forgotten when that Telos retail device appear. Seems like Tronsmart just want users to be their beta testers and "developers" (I suppose that's the reason for releasing the SDK), instead of invest money in a good software department.

I have to agree MINIX too, seems RK3288 devices are still pretty beta, so I personally won't get one until they are ready.

Comment

Come on guys !
      We are talking about media box.... Everybody here knows chinese market.. No ?

Guys, just wait a few months to have revision 3 or 4. Or get amazon firetv, or keep you x5 minix

I m sure about 1 thing.... As usual, software Will be terrible lol

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
        ... With dhl thief lol...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Sv: The latest news about RK3288

Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")?
          My guess is that it's about engineering and being part of a development process. Learning, sharing and collaborating in order to improve something .… like in engineering.

Also, just because it's fun

We have been doing the same in the software industry for many years, and we call it 'early adopters'. Customers buy our beta version and participate in QA. Also get a chance to add valuable input and can effect the final result. We call it win-win.
          We are happy and customers are happy.

Nothing wrong with that
          I.M.H.O
          Last edited by jlunse; 08-28-2014, 21:27.

Comment

Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")? If hardware problems are found will you buy the next beta version too?

If the actual specifications are ok for you it's ok, but I don't understand why to buy an unfinished product hoping one day maybe will be better.

It's good if you get one for free to test, but PAY for a BETA hardware?

Just my oppinion
            Hi Javi:

How you know this product is unfinished? i have tested over 30pcs RK3288 pcba board,dude, really, i am too tired for rk3288 i know all of the factory in the market, and i see the rock chip change the version from 1 to 6. and why i don't promote any rk3288 board before this model, too many problems before till i see tronsmart sample.

at first, we have cpu problem, heat problem, then dolby dts problem, then ethernet problem, and rock chip solve them one by one via modify the hardware and software.

for tv box business, I won't ask geekbuying to sell unfinished product. please understand.

The reason we set up this product, i think the hardware is ok, but tronsmart still want to improve their software , so we have this promotion.

The presale price is far lower than any other model, and we have written very clearly that we do not suggest ORDINARY users to get it, it's not meaning this model is full of bugs, we just need the geeks, the developers to make it better.

you also live in china, you should know the price of rk3288 board, sorry, i really can't afford to offer 180pcs FREE SAMPLES, the best i can do is offering this unbeatable price for the geeks, as a toy for them, plus the fully sdk opened, we hope the geeks can enjoy fun.

this is what geek buying will do in future.

we find geek gadgets, and we give geeks fun.

No offense, take it easy, and i just want to ask my geek friends to have a new toy.

Eric
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              We Release the new toy for you guys:

grab it before the deal is gone, price will be back to normal after the first bulk release.

Plus you will get the free 8gb micro sd card with orion r28 sdk inside

Eric
              I've taken the opportunity to order the Meta, so should be fun.

As requested above, can we see something on Youtube to show off it's capabilities?
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                I've taken the opportunity to order the Meta, so should be fun.

As requested above, can we see something on Youtube to show off it's capabilities?
                I am busy testing, and preparing the review. stay tuned.
                Looking for developers

Comment

But Betas are most of the times offered free for testing/playing around. Many freaktab developers get these for free, I think. So I would wait until they fix these or until the stable ones arrive....
                  Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                  CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                  GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                    But Betas are most of the times offered free for testing/playing around. Many freaktab developers get these for free, I think. So I would wait until they fix these or until the stable ones arrive....
                    We also have cash back for the first customers give us custom rom, for the first to give us reviews ( in different language)

and we also have free samples to freak tab developers we have a group

but we just can't afford to offer 180pcs ALL FREE SAMPLE, hope you understand.

i don't want to earn anything from this, i just want to work with tronsmart, and release a good products,

i like products with little RMA, and lots of potential
                    Looking for developers

Comment

Speaking as a developer here, free samples aren't the norm for us. While we enjoy some discounts most of the devices we get are partially paid for from your donations. We thank Eric for all the help he can provide us.

Sent from my P9
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                        The other way to look at it is to think about how many finished products actually come out of any factory with stock firmware that works precisely as specified.

I've never known it yet, so it is always the devs at Freaktab/XDA/et all that make the real differences to the performance and reliability.

So this is no different really and I'll bet that there are devs that will have received free/cheap boxes already working on ROM's, so by the time anybody receives one, one may already be ready.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                          Hi Javi:

How you know this product is unfinished? i have tested over 30pcs RK3288 pcba board,dude, really, i am too tired for rk3288 i know all of the factory in the market, and i see the rock chip change the version from 1 to 6. and why i don't promote any rk3288 board before this model, too many problems before till i see tronsmart sample.

at first, we have cpu problem, heat problem, then dolby dts problem, then ethernet problem, and rock chip solve them one by one via modify the hardware and software.

for tv box business, I won't ask geekbuying to sell unfinished product. please understand.

The reason we set up this product, i think the hardware is ok, but tronsmart still want to improve their software , so we have this promotion.

The presale price is far lower than any other model, and we have written very clearly that we do not suggest ORDINARY users to get it, it's not meaning this model is full of bugs, we just need the geeks, the developers to make it better.

you also live in china, you should know the price of rk3288 board, sorry, i really can't afford to offer 180pcs FREE SAMPLES, the best i can do is offering this unbeatable price for the geeks, as a toy for them, plus the fully sdk opened, we hope the geeks can enjoy fun.

this is what geek buying will do in future.

we find geek gadgets, and we give geeks fun.

No offense, take it easy, and i just want to ask my geek friends to have a new toy.

Eric
                          I know you are not cheating the people. And I also know the rockchip changes too and tested a lot of boards from different design houses too (but I did not pay for any one of them until now).

Everything is very good, just I don't like to use customers as "guinea pigs".

Of course this is a personal oppinion, everybody is free to have its own. If the geek friends are happy, then

We even have seen here how chinese brands are fighting between them in public , I see everybody twitching there. Everybody there wants to be the first one, that is a clear message to final users: "do not buy anything, just keep waiting". Not good for chinese brands, but anyway some factories can keep copying, attacking their own customers sales channels or spending time trying to kill the next door factory. Now the trend is using users as guinea pigs, I hope all of them put more attention in their work or hire professional people.
                          Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

I don't like to use customers as "guinea pigs".
                            I don't agree with you. It's not about 'pigs', it's about early adopters, beta testers, experienced users that are willing to test, learn and give feedback for improvements.

You can participate if you want to or not. No one is forcing you. It is important that the seller is honest and clear that this is an early released product for experienced and interested persons.

Comment

Eric, do you have some information regarding the Orion and 1080 resolutions ? 30hz ? 60hz?

Comment

Originally posted by jlunse View Post
                                I don't agree with you. It's not about 'pigs', it's about early adopters, beta testers, experienced users that are willing to test, learn and give feedback for improvements.

You can participate if you want to or not. No one is forcing you. It is important that the seller is honest and clear that this is an early released product for experienced and interested persons.
                                Factories are using users and customers because they DO NOT HAVE software teams. Maybe someone begining to set-up a software team now, but just that. That is why chinese software is bad and final users must to improve their own products.

A brand (I'm not talking about Tronsmart or another, but in general) can not depends on the design house 100% or ask the users fix their product for them.

If you think it's funny, I'm agree with you buying these toys and I believe the seller will not cheat you (I even know him personally), but I don't see any brand interested in spend time to really improve their products. Well... maybe MINIX, even I don't like some things they do and did and even I'm not a MINIX user, but it looks like they put a little more attention.

Personally, for those who want good toys I recommend keep waiting to the Radxa Rock RK3288, that will be really funny for playing.
                                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Working...
                                X