Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best RK3288?

Hi all,

I am quite a rockchip fan and started with an rk3088 dongle and then a pipo tablet with an rk3188.

Whats the best model for kernel updates and custom Rom's?

Are they all using the reference PCB and pretty much the same or are there any differences?

This time I want a TV Box and there is quite a few...

Many thanks

Stuart

Currently best RK3288 boxes are Ugoos UT3 and HPH NT-V6 IMO. Both device have very strong software support in this community.

Beelink and Tronsmart R28 devices are totally disapoinment in terms o software support. It was fantastic at the beginning but currently is very very poor.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by racerant View Post
      Currently best RK3288 boxes are Ugoos UT3 and HPH NT-V6 IMO. Both device have very strong software support in this community.

Beelink and Tronsmart R28 devices are totally disapoinment in terms o software support. It was fantastic at the beginning but currently is very very poor.
      Many Thanks,

Thought it would be best to ask as manufacturers seem to yoyo so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stuartiannaylor View Post
        Many Thanks,

Thought it would be best to ask as manufacturers seem to yoyo so much.
        +1 Agree. Ugoos has been good with supporting its community. At the end of the day, this is what matter most. Product is also solid. But they have been good with releasing both Linux and bug fixes for Android.

Glad I brought a Ugoos.
        Ugoos RK3288 - Running Linux and Android.

Looking for a mini pc that support Hardware Acceleration in Linux.

Comment

Any more recomendations

The beelink & tronsmart rk3288 seem to be about 60-70% cheaper.

Are they bad for roms and custom modding.

I thought tronsmart had created a niche for custom rom support.

Comment

I can't agree that Beelink and Tronsmart R28 devices are totally disappointment in terms of software support... The support at Beelink is a little bit better than at Tronsmart (because Tronsmart need a little bit too long to port the Beelink fw to there box which uses the identical pcb)... and the last tries with latest Ugoos UT3 fw at Tronsmart R28 shows the same problems as at stock Beelink fw (111k4)...
            Anyway, they are all cooking the same soup at/with the same SDK...

Last but not least, if you use an wireless keyboard/(fly)mouse you can use every rom at every device...

If Beelink, than you should use a 2/16GB version because it use the same AP6335 wifi chip as the Ugoos/HPH....

BTW:
            Ugoos/HPH = HDMI 1.4 (4K@30) and Beelink/Tronsmart = HDMI 2.0 (4K@60)...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              I can't agree that Beelink and Tronsmart R28 devices are totally disappointment in terms of software support... The support at Beelink is a little bit better than at Tronsmart (because Tronsmart need a little bit too long to port the Beelink fw to there box which uses the identical pcb)... and the last tries with latest Ugoos UT3 fw at Tronsmart R28 shows the same problems as at stock Beelink fw (111k4)...
              Tronsmart using same firmware with Beelink i think, only bootlogo and little details changed, is normally cause both devices from Netxeon. So all changes and fixes totally depends by Netxeon for they. It mean that most progress users should wait from Wasser, not from factory, i think this is disapointing users are little. Which shared problems have all this devices?

Not so correctly, i think. Some developers just compile RK commits from Git, and wrote it in what's new, Other trying to have new features, Some trying to combine solutions from different SDK's. So maybe they have shared start point, but usually have own ways to progress.

BTW:
              Yes, it depends by HDMI IN, new devices from Ugoos/Nagrace will be without HDMI IN and have HDMI 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene View Post
                Yes, it depends by HDMI IN, new devices from Ugoos/Nagrace will be without HDMI IN and have HDMI 2.0
                Keep in mind these devise (box format without HDMI-In) from Ugoos/Nagrace are not out yet. I bought a UT3 since it was advertised as HDMI 2.0 but it isn't. Also, the UT3 w/ fan is quite noisy (esp for a media center device) and opening it to mod the fan will void your warranty.

Comment

Sorry but, Beelink and tronsmart ROM's are not well at this moment and support is very poor currently.

Both Tronsmart and Beelink have system wide freezes and there is no solution.

See how peaople are suffering from bugs in Tronsmart Community :

If you want to get good ROM support see Ugoos and Nagrace section.

Dual boot ROMs, Ubuntu support, etc

My Ugoos is working almost perfect if i compare with my Tronsmart.

Comment

hmm I thought all RK3288 boxes had HDMI 2.0 lol, I went from the Tronsmart R28 Meta to the HPH NT-V6 4GB/32GB... the HPH is smoother and has a faster eMMC, no stutters at all, I would probably be fine with the 2GB/16GB version but wanted something future proof and I thought maybe I will try Linux on it some day, it might be good with more ram/storage.... I also bought this for movies/series only so HDMI 2.0 is no big deal atm, no need for 4K@60FPS for movies anyway, I probably have a better box by then.

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S5

Comment

What will matter is support always.

If there is a problem with your device or if you want your device to be running the latest version of Android in the future its usually always manufacturer support that does this, so buy a device with this in mind.

Last but not least, if you use an wireless keyboard/(fly)mouse you can use every rom at every device...

If Beelink, than you should use a 2/16GB version because it use the same AP6335 wifi chip as the Ugoos/HPH....

BTW:
                      afaik ugoos has hdmi 2.0 , says so when i brought it
                      Ugoos RK3288 - Running Linux and Android.

Looking for a mini pc that support Hardware Acceleration in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by adam8bit View Post
                        What will matter is support always.

If there is a problem with your device or if you want your device to be running the latest version of Android in the future its usually always manufacturer support that does this, so buy a device with this in mind.

afaik ugoos has hdmi 2.0 , says so when i brought it
                        it seems that the TV boxes with HDMI IN does not have HDMI 2.0 4K@60Hz, it's 4K@30Hz, I also thought it had 4K@60Hz when I bought my HPH box as it says HDMI 2.0 but it's not "true" HDMI 2.0, but there will be new boxes without HDMI IN and with true 4K@60Hz soon plus one extra USB instead of HDMI IN. That goes both for the Ugoos and HPH box...I think Ugoos have a UM3 version now with HDMI 2.0 and without HDMI IN.

Comment

Hi there.

I believe this whole HDMI 1.4/2.0 argument is pointless considering that most (not all, as seen here ) RK3288 devices are suspects of upscaling from 1080p to 4k. And I don't know about amlogic or allwinner devices, but I'd bet a good amount of them do the same too.

That said, considering that manufacturers cheat and lie all the time, I'd wish we could have true facts on this issue, albeit practically impossible unless people with 4k tv sets were willing to run tests. But those tests would need to be defined first (don't take me wrong, but the test used on the link I provided above can be confusing).

That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by acki View Post
                            Hi there.

I believe this whole HDMI 1.4/2.0 argument is pointless considering that most (not all, as seen here ) RK3288 devices are suspects of upscaling from 1080p to 4k. And I don't know about amlogic or allwinner devices, but I'd bet a good amount of them do the same too.

That said, considering that manufacturers cheat and lie all the time, I'd wish we could have true facts on this issue, albeit practically impossible unless people with 4k tv sets were willing to run tests. But those tests would need to be defined first (don't take me wrong, but the test used on the link I provided above can be confusing).

That's my 2 cents.
                            Upscaled 1080p on my 4K set looks better than 1080p and 60Hz looks better than 30Hz...so if I had true HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60Hz) I would be satisfied.

Comment

You mean HDMI 2.0 4k@60hz at boxes WITHOUT hdmi-in?
                              Do you know the new pcb (maybe a picture, not the one which is already available)?
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                              X