A little HW-mod for U-Box and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little HW-mod for U-Box and others

Here is a little modification for my Tronfy R89 Ubox , easy to make for everyone with little soldering skills (i make also a little bit longer wire on the microphone ).

Works great to switch into masked rom mode ... ive soldering only a little push button on the 2 recovery pins
    Attached Files

And my not very little, but modification for Ubox

Comment

Whow, nice one ^^ ... what is the modification on the right side ? A mod for the power source ?

Comment

Originally posted by joolsthebear View Post
        Whow, nice one ^^ ... what is the modification on the right side ? A mod for the power source ?
        I lowered the supply voltage for the fan Diodes instead of resistors.Because the fan is very noisy from 5 volts.
        Without fan - was heated to 90 degrees Celsius in games(Asphalt8, etc) with fan - 55. Video playback - 35-40. Very good results, i think

Comment

Sounds good, im thinking of a similar modification .

Comment

I'm thinking about something like this
            http://www.****.de/itm/251195052677?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
            or
            http://www.****.de/itm/300703688714?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
            at the backside of the case (depends on which will fits)...
            And maybe also http://airpax.sensata.com/pdfs/6700.pdf e.g. http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...192-ND/1631959
            ... if I find a little bit time for it
            Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 01-25-2015, 21:40. Reason: correct to 67F050 (and not 67L050 :) )
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I would place it directly on the heatsink like shown, because the litte air holes on the back side, i think are not very effective ... remove the grid on the backside might be an option, but then you need a really silent fan ...

Comment

No, no, I will make a big hole and place the fan at it (inside the case)
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

[QUOTE = joolsthebear; 275947] Я бы на месте его непосредственно на радиаторе, как показано на рисунке, потому что Litte воздушные отверстия на задней стороне, я думаю, не очень эффективны ... удалить сетку на спинках может быть вариант, но затем Вы должны действительно тихий вентилятор ... [/ QUOTE]
                  I increased the size of the holes too....

Comment

looks promising

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
                      And my not very little, but modification for Ubox
                      I think you risk to much soldering in such proximity to SM capacitor when there is USB port just below (in your picture above) that place whose 5V pad/"hole" is connected to it.

Question: Is your fan working with just only about 4,2V? These Ge diodes should have conduction voltage drop between 0,2-0,3V at 10-20mA current. You could have half number of diodes when use one with Si junction rather than Ge.
                      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                        I think you risk to much soldering in such proximity to SM capacitor when there is USB port just below (in your picture above) that place whose 5V pad/"hole" is connected to it.
                        Question: Is your fan working with just only about 4,2V? These Ge diodes should have conduction voltage drop between 0,2-0,3V at 10-20mA current. You could have half number of diodes when use one with Si junction rather than Ge.
                        Those are Si diodes with 0.7V drop each. First Im used 4 diodes, but not always starts fan(very low voltage). Finally Im used only 3 diodes - work fine and quiet.

Comment

@digitalriver. What kind of FAN did you use? Isn't it supposed to work at 12V?

I've got one for 12V and 0.05A nominal current and it is virtually inaudible at 5V.
                          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                            @digitalriver. What kind of FAN did you use? Isn't it supposed to work at 12V?

I've got one for 12V and 0.05A nominal current and it is virtually inaudible at 5V.
                            5V, 1 Wt(fan was text on bottom size.) Made in China, manufacturer - unknow. Very cheep(3 usd in Ukraine)
                            R89 dont have 12v on board.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
                              R89 dont have 12v on board.
                              I'm aware of that. But I use 40mm 12V FAN connected to onboard USB "port" (5V) without problem. Although only two from three 12V FAN tested by me worked in this conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X