A little HW-mod for U-Box and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
    I'm aware of that. But I use 40mm 12V FAN connected to onboard USB "port" (5V) without problem. Although only two from three 12V FAN tested by me worked in this conditions.
    Only two from three - its very good result

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
      And my not very little, but modification for Ubox
      How did you secure the fan? It looks like it's just laying on top of the heat sink, based on the picture, but maybe I can't see something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rogue Tomato View Post
        How did you secure the fan? It looks like it's just laying on top of the heat sink, based on the picture, but maybe I can't see something.
        1.double-sided tape between fan and radiator, not over the whole area, only in central part(where the motor).
        2.glued stiffening plate between fan and Ethernet connetor
        P.S. I know - not very good mount, but I dont have desired size fan

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
          Only two from three - its very good result
          I was thinking the same but after some consideration I came to conclusion that these small FANs (30-40mm) have less friction and mass than bigger equivalents. Also they almost always have high RPM (3-4K) value in contrast to 90-120mm FANs with 1,8-3,2K RPM and even slower 900 RPM. These differences provide bigger opportunities for smaller FANs to work with much less voltage than designed and also lower than bigger "cousins".

Originally posted by The Rogue Tomato View Post
          I have used 1 4 mm metal screew. Because of this FAN isn't in the center of heatsink and even partially lay down on Ethernet port that's why it isn't completly horizontal but it provide desent cooling. Right now my problem is inefficient external ventilation and I should have similar solution to digitalriver soon .
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
          bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Working...
          X