Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly Lollipop SDK Released

Here it is.

(Latest commit adds full support for RK3288 devices)

It supports Lollipop building for RK3288 and RK3368 boxes with commit history.

Maybe people can start compiling Lollipop firmware for RK3288 TV Boxes apart from Nagrace, UGOOS & Beelink.

This commit is interesting
    16bc060 vendor/rockchip/common] update ffplayer for 312x/3288: framerate 23.976 played in HDMI 50Hz

Is there a dts file for the r28?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
      Is there a dts file for the r28?

For Firefly and RK3288 Boxes.
      You can extract the dts file for R28 from your resource.img file and also use that.

Comment

I tried decompiling it on the last sdk didn't work for me just got a black screen.

Comment

ok got the sdk here is the ouput

git reset --hard
          Checking out files: 100% (513495/513495), done.
          HEAD is now at afb8497 kernel->codec: switch line in function support hotplug
          grant@grant-GeForce7050M-M ~/proj/fireprime $ git remote add bitbucket https://bitbucket.org/T-Firefly/firenow-lollipop.git
          grant@grant-GeForce7050M-M ~/proj/fireprime $ git pull bitbucket fireprime:fireprime
          remote: Counting objects: 390, done.
          remote: Compressing objects: 100% (224/224), done.
          remote: Total 390 (delta 149), reused 276 (delta 112)
          Receiving objects: 100% (390/390), 5.57 MiB | 2.20 MiB/s, done.
          Resolving deltas: 100% (149/149), done.
          From https://bitbucket.org/T-Firefly/firenow-lollipop
          afb8497..c27bca7 fireprime -> fireprime
          * [new tag] rk312x_android5.1_rel_v1.09_0529 -> rk312x_android5.1_rel_v1.09_0529
          * [new tag] rk312x_android5.1_rel_v1.10_0603 -> rk312x_android5.1_rel_v1.10_0603
          * [new branch] fireprime -> bitbucket/fireprime
          * [new tag] FirePrime_Android5.1_201506260948 -> FirePrime_Android5.1_201506260948
          * [new tag] FirePrime_Android5.1_201507211424 -> FirePrime_Android5.1_201507211424
          Warning: fetch updated the current branch head.
          Warning: fast-forwarding your working tree from
          Warning: commit afb849768fb880785cd1b0907a5efb5d00da1baa.

what config should we use fireprime or rockchip default

Comment

never mind had a brain fart moment was doing git pull bitbucket fireprime:Firefly-RK3288 instead of git pull bitbucket Firefly-RK3288:Firefly-RK3288 better get to bed. Will compile it when i get some time off work and see how it goes.

edit just started compiling android

grant@grant-GeForce7050M-M ~/proj/firefly $ make -j8
            ============================================
            PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
            PLATFORM_VERSION=5.1.1
            TARGET_PRODUCT=rk3288_box
            TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
            TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
            TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
            TARGET_ARCH=arm
            TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
            TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a15
            TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
            TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
            TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
            HOST_ARCH=x86_64
            HOST_OS=linux
            HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.13.0-24-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-17.2-rafaela
            HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
            BUILD_ID=LMY47V
            OUT_DIR=out
            ============================================

will let you guys know how i get on
            Last edited by grant2258; 09-15-2015, 01:23.

Comment

mo123 what exact steps are you doing with the dts file to get it to work?

Comment

You can take eg. wassers R28/R68 Lollipop ROM, extract resource.img, then decompile to get dts file.
                Rename to eg. r28.dts
                Place in /kernel/arch/arm/boot/dts folder
                In terminal type make r28.img to make a kernel.img & resource.img for r28.
                Last edited by mo123; 09-15-2015, 17:29.

Comment

Yea just double checking that's what I did on the last sdk when I used the old sdk with the tronsmart dts it just wouldn't boot that way. It was fine using the original firefly dts though

Comment

Well I changed the kernel config a bit and sound is working on hdmi and the 3.5mm jack. There is no issues in kodi with sound but on the gui it says default sound output only and puts it through hdmi and the 3,5mm jack (i think this is dts issue though) doesnt bother me because I use amplified speakers and the tv volume is down anyway. The tv out support shows (i added it to the kernel config) cant test it as i have no cable to test with. Video is smooth no complainants yet seems stable enough on the first video I watched. The only issue i have is the audio on the main gui its like it works sometimes and not others maybe its to do with the dts file will try that later. The only other thing I have left to do is fix the remote for the r28. I will release this at some point if someone wants it otherwise I wont bother its mainly just for me to be honest dont mind sharing and changes I made ect. so far all ive touched is the kernel config. The remote is easy enough to fix done that with the last firefly sdk hopefully I still have the source somewhere.

Comment

well i decompiled the lolliop wasser dts and compiled it in have a few problems powers off ok but wont power back on from sleep. The led isint turning red either the tvout option also disappears. Think ill just customised the firefly dts a little and read up a little more on dts and see how to change certain things that need done just will add remote control and play store it works as anyway.

Comment

Ok pople here is my compiled firefly for the r28 orion. Video and audio work and i managed to get the remote control working including the mouse pointer button which was a pain. If your not tech savy and dont know how to flash roms. Please use something that has been tested if your unsure about all this.

If anyone wants so see how the firefly image runs give it a go. I personally dont need playstore at the moment but will compile it for anyone who really wants it just let me know.

I know there are a lot of people out there with a tronsmart remote and no keyboard this will provide a lollipop version they can use. Im no guru like wasser and other devs in here all i done was change the kernel config and done the remote control dts. Trust me this is nothing in the big picture but it will help those that cant do it. Here is the link for the download be gentle with any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
                          Ok pople here is my compiled firefly for the r28 orion. Video and audio work and i managed to get the remote control working including the mouse pointer button which was a pain. If your not tech savy and dont know how to flash roms. Please use something that has been tested if your unsure about all this.

If anyone wants so see how the firefly image runs give it a go. I personally dont need playstore at the moment but will compile it for anyone who really wants it just let me know.

I know there are a lot of people out there with a tronsmart remote and no keyboard this will provide a lollipop version they can use. Im no guru like wasser and other devs in here all i done was change the kernel config and done the remote control dts. Trust me this is nothing in the big picture but it will help those that cant do it. Here is the link for the download be gentle with any complaints.

Hi
                          Can you please tell me how to integrate Google apps, Gapps into the Firefly image.
                          I tried to use open gapps 20150919 and even another gapps package but on first boot I get 10 force close errors from Google apps.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258

Hi,
                            Then did you compile firefly lollipop update.img? Can you update please? I need to extract new resource.img, kernel. Img in order to create a mo123 Rom for my firefly

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
                              Hi,
                              Then did you compile firefly lollipop update.img? Can you update please? I need to extract new resource.img, kernel. Img in order to create a mo123 Rom for my firefly

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk
                              Latest Firefly compiled ROM
                              https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7HO...xport=download

I need someone that can integrate Google gapps into the firmware.
                              Get force close messages on startup if I integrate google apps.

Comment

Working...
                              X