Firefly Lollipop SDK Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
    never mind had a brain fart moment was doing git pull bitbucket fireprime:Firefly-RK3288 instead of git pull bitbucket Firefly-RK3288:Firefly-RK3288 better get to bed. Will compile it when i get some time off work and see how it goes.

edit just started compiling android

grant@grant-GeForce7050M-M ~/proj/firefly $ make -j8
    ============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=5.1.1
    TARGET_PRODUCT=rk3288_box
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a15
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
    TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
    HOST_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.13.0-24-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-17.2-rafaela
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=LMY47V
    OUT_DIR=out
    ============================================

will let you guys know how i get on
    Can anyone tell me why the target CPU variant is still cortex-a15 instead of a17?

With KK firefly source the reason given was lack of support for cortex-a17 in the version of CLANG included in that version of linaro. Now according to what I have read LLVM & CLANG support a17 since October 2014 and GCC 5 since end of November 2014!? So why a15? Does this release still use gcc 4.x? If so I think there is a 4.x a17 patch or patch set.

I'm not sure that it would really help, just curious as to why this hasn't changed yet. Perhaps lack of support in 3.10 kernel? This too could be patched, but maybe not worth the time.

*EDIT*

mo123 are you still having problems with gapps? Can you set TARGET_BUILD_APPS=all in the board makeconfig file or are the gapps missing from SDK? (I haven't really browsed this tree much, yet)

Cheers!
    -SB
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip
      Hi,
      Then did you compile firefly lollipop update.img? Can you update please? I need to extract new resource.img, kernel. Img in order to create a mo123 Rom for my firefly

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk
      Yes I compiled it. It's a full image just extract what you need mate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I compiled it. It's a full image just extract what you need mate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
        thanks i ll try

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Latest Firefly compiled ROM
          https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7HO...xport=download

I need someone that can integrate Google gapps into the firmware.
          Get force close messages on startup if I integrate google apps.
          thanks

i ll try to extract kernel and resources img in order to flash togheter with your rom ( for my firefly board)

Comment

Hi
            Can you please tell me how to integrate Google apps, Gapps into the Firefly image.
            I tried to use open gapps 20150919 and even another gapps package but on first boot I get 10 force close errors from Google apps.
            Never tried adding them pretty new to android but I should have Monday and Tuesday off of work to look at it. Really not happy with the usb drivers at all the popcorn kernel looks a lot better shape as far as the ub driver goes. Ill compile it and test and leave some feedback. Do you have a link for the gapps mo so i can get all the stuff downloaded and ill have a peek at whats going on. I would assume at the very least youll need to add the playstore structures to add the gapps off hand.

edit

mo123:
            cd firefly/device/rockchip/rk3288
            gedit gedit BoardConfig.mk
            add
            BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := true

compile the sdk again

this will will install the google framework and the gapps should work. My pc aint the best but i can leave it compiling overnight and send it after work tomorrow if your not in a rush
            Last edited by grant2258; 09-22-2015, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
              Hi,
              Then did you compile firefly lollipop update.img? Can you update please? I need to extract new resource.img, kernel. Img in order to create a mo123 Rom for my firefly

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk
              ill compile you a seperate kernel because the r28 uses a different sound driver again will post when its done. The image i dont is for the r28

Comment

Never tried adding them pretty new to android but I should have Monday and Tuesday off of work to look at it. Really not happy with the usb drivers at all the popcorn kernel looks a lot better shape as far as the ub driver goes. Ill compile it and test and leave some feedback. Do you have a link for the gapps mo so i can get all the stuff downloaded and ill have a peek at whats going on. I would assume at the very least youll need to add the playstore structures to add the gapps off hand.

edit

mo123:
                cd firefly/device/rockchip/rk3288
                gedit gedit BoardConfig.mk
                add
                BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := true

compile the sdk again

this will will install the google framework and the gapps should work. My pc aint the best but i can leave it compiling overnight and send it after work tomorrow if your not in a rush
                That would be great.
                I also tried to merge the google apps from UGOOS Lollipop beta into the Firefly ROM, but also get force close messages, even if both firmware is 99% identical except for audio changes and a newer kernel for Firefly.
                Also don't have a lot of free space for all the SDK's and compiling.

Comment

must be another config file for android 5.1 for the playstore didnt compile ill look about and try again.android compiled fine just no playstore

Comment

Firefly also have release the Firefly-RK3288 Android 5.1 SDK, basic functions have been completed.

Comment

Originally posted by fireflytee View Post
                      Firefly also have release the Firefly-RK3288 Android 5.1 SDK, basic functions have been completed.
                      Would be great if we can get a Firefly RK3288 Lollipop firmware with Google Apps integrated.

Comment

Would be great if we can get a Firefly RK3288 Lollipop firmware with Google Apps integrated.
                        but, there is already a recovery ( do not know if it works with lollipop). http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ware-20150117/

whit that you can flash gapps, isn't it ?

Comment

Moe123 is the kernel a new one or still 3.10?
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Moe123 is the kernel a new one or still 3.10?
                            Yes the kernel is still 3.10 on it. Ive complied the popmetal kernel and at first i thought it didnt work nothing on the screen. I went to start debugging and it came to life as soon as you unplug the otg usb it goes off like a phone would with a flat battery. I need to disable the battery not charged to fully charged in the kernel or in the android sdk somewhere the kernel is still 3.10 but the usb driver are in a better state. The kernel is more up to date in general. I just need to look into this battery issue and supply a fully charged return and it will be good to use.
                            Last edited by grant2258; 09-25-2015, 15:35.

Comment

Well back on to the playstore and gapps thing did a fair bit of hunting about. Basically the first thing play services requires is your device is registered to play services so youll have to clone info in the build.prop of a nexus or galaxy anything thats basically resistered. Make sure there are no google accounts clear all the caches of the gapps, turn auto sync off add accounts sync one app at a time manually to test then put auto sync on hopefully itll sort it mate. Just download play services from the playstore and install the apk from the webpage. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.gms&hl=en.

Comment

mo123 https://github.com/opengapps/arm/blob/master/HOWTO

This is the info to get it all working grant the files from the image you got the gapps from

Comment

Working...
                                X