No announcement yet.

R28 Pro/Meta ROM/tools release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM at your onfiguration/environment or so on...

Try another PC/OS/Driver and/or cable (at me, I always have trouble if I use a HUB instead of connecting it directly to my Notebook)...

Driver maybe this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-box-read-this!!!!
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM at your onfiguration/environment or so on...

Try another PC/OS/Driver and/or cable (at me, I always have trouble if I use a HUB instead of connecting it directly to my Notebook)...

Driver maybe this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-box-read-this!!!!
      I'm using a Windows 8.1 computer with an USB 3.0 port. With your dump I get the Google TV logo.
      I Will try with an old XP computer too but I have to prepare it first.
      /Per

Comment

Ok, of cause you need time to build up the environment and I think XP could be a good idea (I also use it for flashing and if I read about problems I read it at 64bit systems (I don't know about USB3.0))...

Google TV means something went OK...

It seems you don't try to flash the userdata (I didn't see it before) so that's why your process is much faster... but at system I need ~3 minutes and you max 1 minute??? ... I think you should also try to flash the userdata to get a clean system...

If it also not work, try to do at first a [LowerFormat] before you flash the rom, BUT I never tried it...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok, of cause you need time to build up the environment and I think XP could be a good idea (I also use it for flashing and if I read about problems I read it at 64bit systems (I don't know about USB3.0))...

Google TV means something went OK...

It seems you don't try to flash the userdata (I didn't see it before) so that's why your process is much faster... but at system I need ~3 minutes and you max 1 minute??? ... I think you should also try to flash the userdata to get a clean system...

If it also not work, try to do at first a [LowerFormat] before you flash the rom, BUT I never tried it...
          Log2014-11-15b.txt
          About 7 min this time but same result. (I performed "Lower Format first")
          /Per

Comment

Originally posted by Uppsalaper View Post
            [ATTACH]8811[/ATTACH]
            About 7 min this time but same result. (I performed "Lower Format first")
            /Per
            Sorry, no idea...

Everything looks fine at the log (you tried at maskrom this time? or is the info at the log because of lower-format???)...

Try to flash the tronsmart img and if you are back at the tronsmart-logo at boot I think you should initiate a RMA (I know it's bad because China, but I have no other idea... something's wrong at the device, but I have no idea... but maybe a last idea, one thing you can try: have you another PSU 5V/3A? But because flashing is ok, I have no big hope (but of cause during flashing you also get power via the USB/OTG ?))...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Sorry, no idea...

Everything looks fine at the log (you tried at maskrom this time? or is the info at the log because of lower-format???)...

Try to flash the tronsmart img and if you are back at the tronsmart-logo at boot I think you should initiate a RMA (I know it's bad because China, but I have no other idea... something's wrong at the device, but I have no idea... but maybe a last idea, one thing you can try: have you another PSU 5V/3A? But because flashing is ok, I have no big hope (but of cause during flashing you also get power via the USB/OTG ?))...
              If i flash a Tronsmart firmware I get the Tronsmart logo. When i flash 106k4 or Finless i get the Google TV logo. I tried with an extra PSU through the OTG port (ASUS 2A) but still same result.
              If no one else has any ideas it's time to talk with Geekbuying.
              Thanks for your time and efforts
              /Per

Comment

Hi all,
                I updated my Tronsmart R28 to Wasser firmware,
                The spdif connected to Yamaha reciver,unfortunately I cann't get 5.1CH, When I'm using XBMC latest version, I'm getting PCM 2CH on my reciver(while xbmc playing AAC 5.1 movie).
                I tryied to use spdif passthrough but it still PCM 2ch on the reciver.

Is that normal?
                By the way do you recommended to install codec for digital sound (for using Xbmc,popcoren time etc...)
                If so,which codec to install?

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                  I would like to know more about RAM on the Tronsmart R28 Pro. My system says I have 1002mb of RAM.. NOT ROM.. I realize there some complaint about the ROM size being small. I have verified this with CPU-Z. If it was a 1GB system I would believe this. I also have a 2GB MXIII. That system reports 1568Mb total ram. So I realize that I will never get theoretical. But how in the heck is less than 1GB the actual for a 2GB system??? Feeling like I got the shaft here. Or is there might I have a defective device?
                  Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by HolyBatmanJesus View Post
                    Hello Everyone,
                    I would like to know more about RAM on the Tronsmart R28 Pro. My system says I have 1002mb of RAM.. NOT ROM.. I realize there some complaint about the ROM size being small. I have verified this with CPU-Z. If it was a 1GB system I would believe this. I also have a 2GB MXIII. That system reports 1568Mb total ram. So I realize that I will never get theoretical. But how in the heck is less than 1GB the actual for a 2GB system??? Feeling like I got the shaft here. Or is there might I have a defective device?
                    Thanks for the help!
                    Best way is to install Kodi.
                    Then in settings, system info check how much memory is there in total, how much is being used and how much is free.
                    On 2GB KitKat/Lollip systems usually 700mb-1.2GB is free.

Comment

Hi Mo123,
                      Thanks for responding. So Kodi says my total ram is 1002 and free is less than 400mb. Im trying to RMA the box. There is definitely something wrong. They are treating me like a moron and I understand why. I'm sure that most of the time people have no idea what they are talking about. But they had me install and take screenshots from AnTuTu. I am waiting for their response.
                      Attaching to post for your viewing pleasure. Hoping you guys can give me some confirmation that this does not look right.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi Mo123,
                        Thanks for responding. So Kodi says my total ram is 1002 and free is less than 400mb. Im trying to RMA the box. There is definitely something wrong. They are treating me like a moron and I understand why. I'm sure that most of the time people have no idea what they are talking about. But they had me install and take screenshots from AnTuTu. I am waiting for their response.
                        Attaching to post for your viewing pleasure. Hoping you guys can give me some confirmation that this does not look right.

It doesn't look right at all.

I'd expect nearer 38k for the overall Antutu score and everything that you have said and tried backs up your claim that it is 1Gb short of a full brain.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi Mo123,
                          No, there is definitely something wrong with your device.
                          Even if you have the Tronsmart Pro(which you probably have and you mention) which has 8GB storage, it should still have 2GB RAM.
                          Either the manufacturer sold you a reject or 1 of the 2 1GB RAM chips got fried and is not working anymore.
                          Paypal had a special if you registered, you get free return shipping for overseas purchases until 31 December 2015, but you probably have to be registered before you made a purchase.
                          Try to return it as soon as possible if you still can.(Have you bought i from Geekbuying, Aliexpress?)
                          Then buy a decent device like an HPH NT-V8 with double the specs of yours here.
                          In the long run it is going to save you so much headache and problems.
                          If you pay peanuts, you get peanuts in return, just remember that.

Comment

Hi Mo123 and bluesmanuk,
                            Thank you for your response. Its nice to know that your right once and a while. Its been a headache dealing with vendor I bought it from. It was through newegg.
                            We have been going back and forth for a week. They claim they did not get my screen shots. Sending google drive links so they cant possibly screw it up. But, I think the RMA department has finally accepted the fact that I was not going away. I would not doubt they had purchased a bad lot of these. Lots of bad reviews. I don't know why I did NOT read the reviews!!!

I also should have done more homework on the box I choose. From everything I read, and I know that's still pretty limited, it would seem like the RK3288 never really reached its potential? I mean, maybe my box is defective but I never have stuttering when playing any videos on my MXIII. But, my MXIII cant handle H.265 video that is starting to pop up. I looked at getting the HPH version of the RK3288. But now I realize the way to go will be 64bit as that is the future.
                            Thank you again for your experience and help. I hope I learned my lesson. I will check out the RK3368.
                            Still going to get a custom ROM on there.

Comment

Working...
                            X