R28 Pro/Meta ROM/tools release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R28 Pro/Meta ROM/tools release

For the Tronsmart Orion R28 users to post and discuss their testing experiences in specific areas.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Stock Firmware and Official RK support tools

@Tronsmart or @Geekbuying

Please post a link to current/latest stock firmware for both Pro and Meta together with official RK tools for support.

Comment

I think your intentions are other, but here you find a lot of useful stuff/information for/about this pcb (except "original" Tronsmart FW)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        I think your intentions are other, but here you find a lot of useful stuff/information for/about this pcb (except "original" Tronsmart FW)
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Tools-release
        Just to clarify, my intent includes:

1. Support - Too many times I see "sorry, you aren't supported as you didn't use this or do that" ... let's know where we should start from and what to use.
        2. Helpfulness - This thread should contain the relevant information for the Pro and Meta devices and be a reference point ... we should not expect anyone to have to look all over the internet for possible solutions to the basic requirements.
        3. Recovery - Not everyone backups before flashing ... lets make sure a fix to "oh no" is available immediately.
        4. Capability - Compiling from source is not for everyone ... for some they won't have the inclination, others won't have the knowledge, and finally everyone has the hardware or software to compile.
        5. Solution - Nobody should have to modify/hack or kludge something else to get back to the point of an initial working state.

I hope this is aligned to everyone's expectations.

Comment

Stock firmware download link for the R28

This covers both the Pro and Meta.

Comment

Why is this to me all so familiar
            Nice to see they also build up an own forum -> nice support
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hehe

Comment

Tronsmart have also posted, along with the stock firmware, a driver assistant, the Android tool 2.3 and a factory tool v1.33.

The factory tool is something new to me.

Comment

It's like the old RKBatch with new GUI...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Yes that is almost certainly the case.

Comment

Tronsmart has now released FW 109k4 which you can get from here:

Comment

Originally posted by jchoong View Post
                        Tronsmart has now released FW 109k4 which you can get from here:

http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...-orion-r28#100

Thx for the information.

I can't find changelog....?

Comment

Same with me: I do not experience the "pink screen" problem... so I wonder what other benefits does this uodate provide, to decide whether to install it or not....

Comment

Sorry to ask, but i m confused... is Tronsmart r28 is a clone of Beelink r89 (like for AML devices).
                            So, R89 firmware can be use with R28 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Axios View Post
                              Same with me: I do not experience the "pink screen" problem... so I wonder what other benefits does this uodate provide, to decide whether to install it or not....
                              I think it's the same 109 as at Beelink and I recognized more stability e.g. at HDMI (e.g. no crashes if you leave the HDMI port at TV and switch back to it) and also faster at some points...

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                              Sorry to ask, but i m confused... is Tronsmart r28 is a clone of Beelink r89 (like for AML devices).
                              So, R89 firmware can be use with R28 ?
                              Tronsmart was NEVER a clone of Beelink !!!
                              Tronsmart was ever an independent brand which uses also e.g. netxeon pcb BUT with own support structure (e.g. own support forum)
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                              X