Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 bricked / IDB bricked ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post

    If someone can make an imgc file from Ugoos Linux single boot perhaps, we can try to run it from a micro-sd card and erase emmc perhaps to revive it.
    Or I can try from a working device to make a backup, but someone must give instructions how to make a backup imgc file with HDDRawCopy.
    Hi Mo123 & all others ,

    i do not know how , but the Ugoos Linux .img , that i made with HDDRC , booted after 4-5 times of trying ,

    even the Storage is like it must 12.7GB of 15.2GB free , but means that i now can use the Flashtool again

    and flash the latest Rom ??? , i do not know ??? ,

    greetings / gefattern

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by gefattern View Post

      Hi Mo123 & all others ,

      i do not know how , but the Ugoos Linux .img , that i made with HDDRC , booted after 4-5 times of trying ,

      even the Storage is like it must 12.7GB of 15.2GB free , but means that i now can use the Flashtool again

      and flash the latest Rom ??? , i do not know ??? ,

      greetings / gefattern
      HI

      Can you give instructions what Linux image you used, how to make it and how to get it booting?
      Then I can try something later today and see if AndroidTool can flash normal firmware again perhaps.

      Thanks

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by mo123 View Post

        HI

        Can you give instructions what Linux image you used, how to make it and how to get it booting?
        Then I can try something later today and see if AndroidTool can flash normal firmware again perhaps.

        Thanks
        Hi Mo123 ,

        i took the stock Xubuntu File that can be downloaded from Ugoos , made a SDCard with HDDRC ,

        pluged in the SD and then Power , first 3-4 Times only typical Linux Bootscreen poped up and

        disapeared after seconds , twice this happend , while one boot try , after that only Blackscreen ,

        but with the latest try , it booted within seconds .


        Do you really believe that it now is possible to flash again ???


        hope you get it , good luck , please report your results ,

        greetings / gefattern

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by gefattern View Post

          Hi Mo123 ,

          i took the stock Xubuntu File that can be downloaded from Ugoos , made a SDCard with HDDRC ,

          pluged in the SD and then Power , first 3-4 Times only typical Linux Bootscreen poped up and

          disapeared after seconds , twice this happend , while one boot try , after that only Blackscreen ,

          but with the latest try , it booted within seconds .


          Do you really believe that it now is possible to flash again ???


          hope you get it , good luck , please report your results ,

          greetings / gefattern
          This one?
          And the ut3 image or the older Xubuntu one?
          ​​I just want to try exact one.
          Maybe that's why I couldn't boot before because I didn't try multiple times or not flashed with HDDRawCopy.
          http://ugoos.net/blog/ubuntu1504-sdc...s-ut3-ut3s-um3

          I remember how I bricked my device.
          I flashed Ugoos LibreELEC image that didn't work then unpacked it and flashed individual images.
          I see if you load LE image it says for device id RK3202A not RK32 like all other firmwares.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by mo123 View Post

            This one?
            And the ut3 image or the older Xubuntu one?
            ​​I just want to try exact one.
            Maybe that's why I couldn't boot before because I didn't try multiple times or not flashed with HDDRawCopy.
            http://ugoos.net/blog/ubuntu1504-sdc...s-ut3-ut3s-um3

            I remember how I bricked my device.
            I flashed Ugoos LibreELEC image that didn't work then unpacked it and flashed individual images.
            I see if you load LE image it says for device id RK3202A not RK32 like all other firmwares.
            Hi Mo123 ,

            i took the Xubuntu 0.3.1 image , the Version before , i think i downloaded it from the

            Downloadcenter on UgoosPage , shall try (in a few minutes) to flash my UT3 with a

            Flashtool on PC , think i gone try the 307 , press thumbs ,

            my Box bricked while using , pow , Blackscreen reboot , all okay , but later again once

            more and it was bricked , good luck ,

            greetings / gefattern

            Comment


              #51
              Hi to all ,

              after a Year of trying again & again , i am at the state to destroy the UT3 PCB ,

              really tried all the things , that i as no Pro can do , to restore my Box , but it was

              not possible even the "DDRTestTool" delivered no good results , i am only able

              to boot from SD , a UM3/4GB Rom made with "HDDRawCopy" , i really want to

              know how they made it ??? , all i tried with this Tool failed ,

              but how can a Rom from SD work with the PCB , but i am not able to flash any

              correct Rom to it ??? , so all Chips must work good ,

              The only chance to use my UT3 further is a backup Rom made with HDDRC Tool ,

              with a new Rom like 7.1 or 8.1 this Boxes can still be very fast , nearly like RK3399 ,

              if anyone can make a backup with HDDRC from a RK3288 Rom 2/16GB as imgc.file ,

              i could still use my UT3 from SDcard and it must not be destroyed , i hope ,

              greetings / gefattern

              Comment


              • trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes it's just good to let go,

              #52
              My UT3 is in the same boat. Cannot write to eMMC. Bad chip, poor solder joint(s), whatever it is, won't take firmware. If I am not mistaken, the eMMC is not needed to run from a card. If eMMC is damaged, boot strategy looks elsewhere.

              Other than a Linux from SD, my UT3 is out. My UT3+ had its HDMI port damaged by lightning strike, so it too is out. For the first time in years, I am Ugooless.

              Comment


                #53
                Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                My UT3 is in the same boat. Cannot write to eMMC. Bad chip, poor solder joint(s), whatever it is, won't take firmware. If I am not mistaken, the eMMC is not needed to run from a card. If eMMC is damaged, boot strategy looks elsewhere.

                Other than a Linux from SD, my UT3 is out. My UT3+ had its HDMI port damaged by lightning strike, so it too is out. For the first time in years, I am Ugooless.
                Wow, a ghost from the past. Haven't seen you around lately???
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                Comment


                • RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have always been here, lurking in the shadows. :-)
                  But yeah, box wise I am a little short for new material. I will look into changing that.
                  I noticed ya didn't say ya missed me. LOL

                • trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cold weather has kept in under wrapps
                  The only reason I missed you was that you dodged out of the way

                • RISCy Dude
                  RISCy Dude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't care for the cold, that's true.
                  As to the dodging out of the way, practice makes perfect,.....works for throwing too. :-)

                #54
                Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                My UT3 is in the same boat. Cannot write to eMMC. Bad chip, poor solder joint(s), whatever it is, won't take firmware. If I am not mistaken, the eMMC is not needed to run from a card. If eMMC is damaged, boot strategy looks elsewhere.

                Other than a Linux from SD, my UT3 is out. My UT3+ had its HDMI port damaged by lightning strike, so it too is out. For the first time in years, I am Ugooless.
                Hi ,

                not sure if the eMMC is damaged , if i make read Chip&Flash Test with AT the Storage

                is always shown correct , today i made with AT2.61 , in LoaderMode , from UT3 & UT4

                a Dev.Partion log , diffrence looks like this .

                UT3

                No LBA Size

                02 trust not exist / Tool shows here "misc" row

                04 0*0000e000 0*00008000 kernel

                07 0*00036000 0*0001a000 backup


                UT4

                No LBA Size

                02 0*00004000 0*00002000 trust

                04 is here the "resource" row

                07 is for "recovery"

                first i thought the "letters" are bugs , but it looks like that is normal , because in UT4 are

                letters too , but i am no Dev, to say that this rows look good , later i upload the Pictures ,

                have a nice Day / gefattern

                Comment


                  #55
                  My UT3 boots straight to MASKROM mode. I grew tired of fooling with it, at least for now. Once it appeared to take a flash, tool said it was successful, no change in the UT3 after that flash.

                  As a challenge, I might put more time in to it, but for now, its job is too easily replaced for me to justify the time.
                  Same for the UT3+, I may attempt to repair the HDMI circuit one day.

                  My hope is a future 3399 will take the place of my affection for the UT3(+).


                  Comment


                    #56
                    My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device.
                    I already got it to boot to the logo but then it gets stuck.
                    But I will probably need some help from Ugoos or elsewhere to boot further.
                    There is already a LibreELEC image but it's ancient and full of bugs and not compatible with latest LE code or kernels.
                    The CPU is a lot more powerful than RK3328 or S905x, so 1080p Netflix, Amazon Prime Video might be possible.
                    It might breath some new life in these old RK3288 devices.

                    Comment


                      #57
                      Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                      My UT3 boots straight to MASKROM mode. I grew tired of fooling with it, at least for now. Once it appeared to take a flash, tool said it was successful, no change in the UT3 after that flash.

                      As a challenge, I might put more time in to it, but for now, its job is too easily replaced for me to justify the time.
                      Same for the UT3+, I may attempt to repair the HDMI circuit one day.

                      My hope is a future 3399 will take the place of my affection for the UT3(+).

                      Hi ,

                      i had this too with MRM , but always if i used the KK Rom 2.2.0 and tried to flash ,

                      it always ended up the same , but after that the "LoaderMode" worked again , i

                      only use Boxes for Gaming & Surfing , dont have fast Internet , only with Simcard ,

                      so it could be still a good Box for me , but i think it will end in the TRASH because

                      a restore is not possible , a Wonder must happen , 1 Year brick is enough ,

                      i already have a X99/RK3399 but same here , we need more Rom support ,

                      greetings / gefattern

                      Comment


                        #58
                        Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                        My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device.
                        I already got it to boot to the logo but then it gets stuck.
                        But I will probably need some help from Ugoos or elsewhere to boot further.
                        There is already a LibreELEC image but it's ancient and full of bugs and not compatible with latest LE code or kernels.
                        The CPU is a lot more powerful than RK3328 or S905x, so 1080p Netflix, Amazon Prime Video might be possible.
                        It might breath some new life in these old RK3288 devices.
                        Hi ,

                        are you still in contact with Ugoos ??? is this Company still alive ??? ,

                        the support here was & is still so bad , really dont know why we still

                        have the "Ugoos" Section , the few Threads can be moved to stock

                        RK Section & Ugoos can be deleted , Ugoos support is ike ZERO ,

                        really frustrating ,

                        greetings / gefattern

                        Comment


                          #59
                          Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                          My hope is to get LibreELEC running on this device......
                          That would be good, hope you are successful.

                          Comment


                            #60
                            gefattern
                            I doubt I will dispose of my UT3 or UT3+ anytime soon, maybe hopeless, but I am an optimist. However I am a pragmatic optimist, so my hope is seriously limited for my UT3(+).

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X