• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3368 True Octacore December Firmware Update

HDMI ONLY. No RCA/TV out.

Widevine L3 Support

USB webcam and microphone support

Many miscellaneous improvements - including memory, vpu, iep, cpu, network and audio enhancements.

HMP tunables set at boot for better performance.

May upload another update with 1752mhz max cpu frequency as final version. Not enough testers and I've pretty much gained what I set out for when I started this personal project to enable true octa core functioning in the RK3368.

...known issues: device does not support reboot or sleep.

4K version (for users with 4K TVs):

https://mega.nz/#!SRRVlCgK!u2qlq7BhA...7wdOcqkpqmra2M

1080p version (for users with 1080p TVs):

https://mega.nz/#!mUpmFbBA!DwtfO__gY...i_BYp-DZcGuaCM

For quick and easy testing without losing data - flash the boot/resource images in the following archives:

https://mega.nz/#!7UQDCRxL!UAP_2R8IB...KoDURQLZqrEoqc - 1080p

https://mega.nz/#!HMRBhLbQ!XvOEDjZJA...ljbb5T-cvHNfxg - 4K

Tested on Z4. | Confirmed working on i68.

Also, I re-enabled ethernet support this time around. I forgot to add it last time, it's one of those things I don't currently use. If you notice anything else like that please point it out.

ADDED AP6330 (for devices such as i68) Flash this resource for AP6330 wifi support: http://ge.tt/8caaV5i2 [thanks l30ns for testing]
    Last edited by Shomari; 12-29-2016, 14:00.

Havent been able to get any of these builds running on the geekbox maybe set up differently.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Havent been able to get any of these builds running on the geekbox maybe set up differently.
      ... post a link to your geekbox firmware. I might try it again, it's been a couple months and I've completely reworked the method from what it was at first release.

Comment

Reminder for those that are unaware, this firmware will enable RK3368's 8 cpu cores to run at 1608mhz (instead of 4@1512 x 4@1200), GPU at 600mhz and DDR at 800mhz. I've never had any issues using just the stock heatsink.

Comment

I made some changes to the framebuffer to experiment with refresh rates, since the stock firmwares were often shipping with 30hz refresh rates and the picture suffered because of it. Looks alot better, at least on my set. If you notice any improvement or adverse effect, please post your feedback.

Comment

Great going. Will install on my Z4 RK3368 AP6635 wifi, not Z4L, and report later. Thanks much.

Comment

I hope somebody tests the 4K versions. I test on a 720p monitor, so it doesn't allow me to gather much from running it, but someone with a proper UHD monitor or tv can tell us more about the experiment. The refresh rate can be changed if it proves worth pursuing.

Comment

Does this work with WiFi chip ap6330. Don't want to 5ghz WiFi. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DNIZoid View Post
                  Does this work with WiFi chip ap6330. Don't want to 5ghz WiFi. Thanks
                  ... it should. But that's also firmware dependent; that might sound a little obvious but just flash the resource and boot from the op and find out. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason just flash your stock boot/resource again. Painless..

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

... it should. But that's also firmware dependent; that might sound a little obvious but just flash the resource and boot from the op and find out. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason just flash your stock boot/resource again. Painless..
                    Actually, the update version broke ap6330 wifi altogether on Beelink i68. Should I try the full image or did you just remove ap6330 wifi support? Could you fix this please?
                    Just to remind: The November version ran 5g wifi on ap6330 right out of the box.

P.S. It is amazingly fast! Thanks man! I should check if the spdif optical audio glitch still persists. The audio sometimes hangs and makes squeaky digital noises. It comes and goes randomly, but a short 30 sec pause (quiet to power off and on audio) restores it. It is annoying but you can work with that.

Comment

Originally posted by l30ns View Post

Actually, the update version broke ap6330 wifi altogether on Beelink i68. Should I try the full image or did you just remove ap6330 wifi support? Could you fix this please?
                      Just to remind: The November version ran 5g wifi on ap6330 right out of the box.

P.S. It is amazingly fast! Thanks man! I should check if the spdif optical audio glitch still persists. The audio sometimes hangs and makes squeaky digital noises. It comes and goes randomly, but a short 30 sec pause (quiet to power off and on audio) restores it. It is annoying but you can work with that.
                      ... yeah, it's something I don't use - thanks for testing and letting us know. I'll send you a resource to test for 5G wifi via pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

... yeah, it's something I don't use - thanks for testing and letting us know. I'll send you a resource to test for 5G wifi via pm.
                        Thanks! Your resources.img fixed the ap6330 wifi, however unindended was the fact that it worked to begin with. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by l30ns View Post

Thanks! Your resources.img fixed the ap6330 wifi, however unindended was the fact that it wdisabling orked to begin with. :-D
                          ...haha! Thanks for the feedback, the i68 uses different pins. I made changes with the audio for yours, too, so if you get a chance let me know if that's working fine for you. Just in case anyone is wondering, AP6330 support baked into kernel was causing poor throughput on AP6335; I know this because only disabling AP6330 support solved that issue - so I decided to keep them separate.
                          Last edited by Shomari; 12-28-2016, 20:20.

Comment

Hey man its me again, i tried out the December update on my Z4L and it's a no boot again. I did some digging around and i got the boot and resource file for the Z4L if it'll help make it boot and have wifi connectivity. I'll be here for testing. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatAndroidMan View Post
                              Hey man its me again, i tried out the December update on my Z4L and it's a no boot again. I did some digging around and i got the boot and resource file for the Z4L if it'll help make it boot and have wifi connectivity. I'll be here for testing. Thanks.
                              ... I'm curious; did you flash just the boot/resource, or the entire firmware? If you don't mind, please flash just the boot/resource and see if that works (with whatever firmware you already have). I'll upload a resource/boot for your Z4L and pm you with a link.

Comment

Working...
                              X