Best ROM for Z4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ROM for Z4

Can someone suggest most stable ROM for Z4 which have all ports / HD audio / smooth 4K / Audio passthorugh working. Also it it is Marshmallow ROM that would be great.

Welcome,
    After months of searching and traying I finally found solution for DD and DTS in "Kodi" by HDMI Bitrate and DTS HD-Master and Dolby True HD in MXPlayer
    Solution:
    1. You have to install "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar.
    2. Change in audio settings to HDMI Bitrate.
    3. Delete default Kodi version.
    4. Install "ugoos_kodi_20160620.apk" from ugoos oficial page.
    5. In ugoos kodi SYSTEM settings (expert) choose transfer to output device on (or something similar) and all settings DD,DTS... to on. Don't turn on DSP.
    6. In Video settings you have to turn off "Accelerate RKCodec" in "RKMC" tab because if is ON the video is not playing fluently.

Thats all. Have a nice day/night

Comment

Hi,

This is my post from xda

For me today the best solution is combination: Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar and the newest firmware Ugoos UT4 1.1.4.
      How to flash i describe in different topic on this EKB3368 page.
      You can choose ugoos 1.1.4 or ugoos 1.1.4 for Android TV (it looks like Nvidia shield TV software).
      In this solution you have ugoos kodi version 16 from November 2016 and hd audio works superb.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_yabol View Post
        Hi,

This is my post from xda

For me today the best solution is combination: Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware made by @Yablar and the newest firmware Ugoos UT4 1.1.4.
        How to flash i describe in different topic on this EKB3368 page.
        You can choose ugoos 1.1.4 or ugoos 1.1.4 for Android TV (it looks like Nvidia shield TV software).
        In this solution you have ugoos kodi version 16 from November 2016 and hd audio works superb.
        Thanks lord_yabol could you provide me links to try out ugoos 1.1.4 for Android TV on my Z4. Appriciated your help. And Agreed Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5 is the one best ROM so far.

Comment

Hi,

This are links from official ugoos page.

1.1.4 TV (Android TV) if you like:

How to flash:

First you have to be sure that you have installed "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware on the box because in next step you flash only system.img from ugoos 1.1.4 software..

1. If it's the first time, you need to install drivers or manuals DriverAssitant connected devices
          2. Run AndroidTool.exe
          3. Switch "function advandced" tab, select the image "ut4_1.1.4.img" Press "Unpack"
          4.Copy UT4_1.1.4\AndroidTool\Output\Android\Image\system. img copies to UT4_1.1.4\AndroidTool\Image
          5. Switch to "Download image" tab unsect all tabs except the "system"
          6. Connecting to the computer through the USB OTG port equipment (full guide you can find printed by connecting "ugoos_firmware_upgrade_guide")
          7. Click on the "RUN"
          8. Once the update is complete restart to mode TWRP recovey select wipe.

Comment

it works and so far looks solid. Specially Kodi is good.

Comment

one can not have a stock firmware updated and ready for use without having to make changes after the installation?
              I see that almost all of the firmware they need to make changes after the installation, and unfortunately not everyone is able to make them!
              I speak of stock firmware, and not of ugoos mod rom!
              I have a z4 2g / 16g EKB368

Comment

Great roms thanks. Had a problem before but it just was drivers
                Last edited by flyboypr77; 12-20-2016, 04:03.

Comment

Hi I've try to overvrite system with new UGO 1.1.4 octacore but WiFi does not be detected!

By the way .. how to do point 8? I've just reste factory from Settings.

Thanks

How to flash:

First you have to be sure that you have installed "Z4_UGOOS_MOD_V1.5" firmware on the box because in next step you flash only system.img from ugoos 1.1.4 software..

1. If it's the first time, you need to install drivers or manuals DriverAssitant connected devices
                  2. Run AndroidTool.exe
                  3. Switch "function advandced" tab, select the image "ut4_1.1.4.img" Press "Unpack"
                  4.Copy UT4_1.1.4\AndroidTool\Output\Android\Image\system. img copies to UT4_1.1.4\AndroidTool\Image
                  6. Connecting to the computer through the USB OTG port equipment (full guide you can find printed by connecting "ugoos_firmware_upgrade_guide")
                  7. Click on the "RUN"

Comment

Always read and confirm model before flashing. Number of posts regards Z4L having different WiFi chip.

BTW the above combo given by @lord_yabol is excellent. Thanks.

Comment

Screenshot for multiwindow view from above firmware. Smooth and stable Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170103_114308.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	620251

Comment

Originally posted by vinaysharma76 View Post
                        Can someone suggest most stable ROM for Z4 which have all ports / HD audio / smooth 4K / Audio passthorugh working.
                        If you like the pro & cons of the google android leanback TV launcher, this custom rom should make definitely the race

My contributions to the community
                        [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
                        [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Hi,

How to flash:

2. Run AndroidTool.exe
                          7. Click on the "RUN"
                          works, but i can't install any apk... says "insufficient storage space" but 12gb are free

Comment

Originally posted by marceltunholi View Post

works, but i can't install any apk... says "insufficient storage space" but 12gb are free
                            Then just use the original Ugoos firmware posted on their blog with ethernet, that doesn't contain this bug.
                            Did you clear data or wipe from TWRP recovery or did a factory reset?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Then just use the original Ugoos firmware posted on their blog with ethernet, that doesn't contain this bug.
                              Did you clear data or wipe from TWRP recovery or did a factory reset?
                              yes, i did. I can't use the original Ugoos firmware, cause my android box is a Z4 Rk3368. The funny thing is In ugoos 1.1.3 this error doesn't happen. Any solution? (I need the ugoos 1.1.4 because has fix for netflix sound).
                              Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X