X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for new ROM

Please list your ideas for a new ROM.
    Things to add, fix or improve

Usable for maximum number of RK3368 TV boxes encouraging each to share development.

Baked unified ROM for larger space for Apps etc.

Support for bluetooth mic etc.

Consistent button/mouse movement across Apps with normal remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Deschan View Post
      Usable for maximum number of RK3368 TV boxes encouraging each to share development.

Baked unified ROM for larger space for Apps etc.

Support for bluetooth mic etc.

Consistent button/mouse movement across Apps with normal remote.
      Previous ROM v1.1 already has unified storage 12.4GB free space

Can you share more about the bluetooth mic problem? Is there no sound?
      Have you tried and see if Soundabout can get audio through bluetooth mic?

Nagrace Home Launcher is very IR Remote friendly with big icons, file manager, install/remove apps app etc.
      and eg. double press home button to open Kod(with https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....home2shortcut app), 1 click home button to go back to launcher, hold menu button to hide/show status bar.
      The best is still to use an airmouse.
      Also Nagrace HPH NT-V8 has LeHome Airmouse/remote control/touchpad/game controller app for smartphones & tablets, so that works very well if you don't want to use the IR Remote.

Comment

Netflix in HD ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by gregger2k View Post
          Netflix in HD ;-)
          Have a read here.
          I'm not a Netflix user myself, but I know many of my readers are, and a frequent complain was the inability to play Full HD or 4K content, except on

Netflix only allows American companies to have HD Netflix or a select few devices running Linux.

Different countries should come up with their own services similar to Netflix that work in HD on all different devices, maybe then Netflix will start to think about supporting more devices and enabling HD.

A good alternative to Netflix is Showbox(lots of HD) but might not be usable in every country.

Comment

Do you have a build that has all the PT features of the V6 version (RK3288) that could be used for Kodi Jarvis?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicktdot View Post
              Do you have a build that has all the PT features of the V6 version (RK3288) that could be used for Kodi Jarvis?
              I'll make a ROM with the Kodi Jarvis pass-through but it will take a while, will try this week.

Comment

1. Rom that supports Google TV apps and Google Launcher.
                2. Zidoo port for Z4
                3. Skype Mic Fix
                4. Portable USB Dvd\Blu Ray Support

Comment

Originally posted by Will2 View Post
                  1. Rom that supports Google TV apps and Google Launcher.
                  2. Zidoo port for Z4
                  3. Skype Mic Fix
                  4. Portable USB Dvd\Blu Ray Support
                  Google TV apps might be usable in Marshmallow firmware to be released later.
                  Now I'm trying to make stable Lollipop firmware.
                  Skype mic fix - not sure if it's a problem anymore. Doesn't sound get routed correctly from the mic?
                  USB ISO and other file systems are supported.
                  It will also run Linux, so then most file systems and USB devices will be supported.
                  Because Zidoo or Z4(Eny) doesn't release source code of their boxes it's very difficult to port ROM's from one device to another and also difficult if you don't have any of these devices to test with.

Comment

Marshmellow lol
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Can happen...

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        Marshmellow lol
                        Already released a month ago.
                        Rockchip already started Marshmallow development several months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                          Google TV apps might be usable in Marshmallow firmware to be released later.
                          Now I'm trying to make stable Lollipop firmware.
                          Skype mic fix - not sure if it's a problem anymore. Doesn't sound get routed correctly from the mic?
                          USB ISO and other file systems are supported.
                          It will also run Linux, so then most file systems and USB devices will be supported.
                          Because Zidoo or Z4(Eny) doesn't release source code of their boxes it's very difficult to port ROM's from one device to another and also difficult if you don't have any of these devices to test with.

I plugged in a usb dvd player and put in a dvd no dice. Wonder what happened to the support.

I'm able to run Google TV apps and Launcher with a build prop change. Wonder how easy it is to modify the APK so its not needed.

I've believe someone has modded a ziddo X6 firmware on the 4pda forum, but haven't had a chance to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Will2 View Post

I plugged in a usb dvd player and put in a dvd no dice. Wonder what happened to the support.

I'm able to run Google TV apps and Launcher with a build prop change. Wonder how easy it is to modify the APK so its not needed.

I've believe someone has modded a ziddo X6 firmware on the 4pda forum, but haven't had a chance to try it.
                            Hi
                            What build.prop change did you make?

I'll find out about the DVD support.

Comment

I believe the DVD support problem is an ENY Tech issue. I'm not currently on your firmware. I should receive a new Z4 tomorrow and will try a few roms out.

This is what I changed and side loaded Android TV launcher. Some apps work some don't.

ro.product.model=ADT-1
                              ro.product.brand=google
                              ro.product.name=molly
                              ro.product.device=molly

https://www.exploitee.rs/index.php/A...ple_Build.prop

Comment

Working...
                              X