Mini Serie RK 3229 Android Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Serie RK 3229 Android Update

Hi, I recently bought the Mini RK3229 TV Box and was wondering how I can update to a newer version of android? I've seen a lot of advice for other boxes but I'm not sure if it's different for this. I have attached some images if they help.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm rather confused as to how to update it.

Originally posted by Alex Smith View Post
    Hi, I recently bought the Mini RK3229 TV Box and was wondering how I can update to a newer version of android? I've seen a lot of advice for other boxes but I'm not sure if it's different for this. I have attached some images if they help.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm rather confused as to how to update it.

There is no firmware update for it.
    If you flash other device firmwares to it, you risk bricking it forever if it uses a different bootloader not compatible with your device.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

There is no firmware update for it.
      If you flash other device firmwares to it, you risk bricking it forever if it uses a different bootloader not compatible with your device.
      So I'm completely unable to update it to a newer version of Android? It's android 4.4 which is incompatible with most apps

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most likely.
        You can try other firmwares but they won't work most likely and risk damaging your device.
        There are already RK3229 devices with Nougat, so if it shipped with KitKat, the manufacturer already abandoned it more than a year ago.
        Don't buy cheap devices with no manufacturer name on them or no website available, otherwise it will be very difficult to get support.
    Working...
    X