Need to identify my Android Box and find firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to identify my Android Box and find firmware

I bought on the internet an Android TV box, and it was announced to be a Scishion Model X 5g, as in this image, with the following characteristics announced:

● Android 8.1

● CPU RK 3229, quad core, 1,5 GHz

● Mali 400 GPU

● 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM

● 5 GHz WiFi + 100Mbps Ethernet

● H.265

● 4K Ultra HD

It turns out that, in the first few uses, I immediately checked that the performance of the box was much lower than it was supposed to, since it was supposed to play 4k video, but could barely hold 1080p. In addition, youtube was not usable due to braking and constant interruptions.

I then verified, through the Android settings, that the box only had 1gb of RAM. I also confirmed that I had 16GB of rom. This, for me, would explain the poor performance, because 1GB of RAM is very little.

I searched the internet for some information and came upon the oficial firmware, advertised by the vendor itself.

I decided to reflash the firmware to see if it would solve the problem of only recognize/display 1GB of RAM, but since then the box has become bricked...

I've also tried to flash supposed firmware updates for the X model, such as this one, but to no avail. The box turns on the red light, then turns on the blue light, then the lights turn off and the monitor stays forever with the android logo completely static. It is possible to go into recovery mode and clear date and cache, but it also does not resolve the issue.

The conclusion I reached is that the box hardware does not match what was advertised by the vendor, ie it is not a scishion model x, but another model. The problem is that I also can not find any other model that has only 1GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM.

I've opened the box and took pictures to show the internal components.

Can you please help me identify which model of my box and which firmware do I need?
    Last edited by p4thos; 12-12-2018, 16:18.

BTW, the name on the board is this: XT_MX1VR_V02.

Also, after some research I found this post, and my box is exactly the same, except mine only reported 1GB RAM.

Comment

Omg the same thing happened to me too, basically a dead box with no lights and just the logo on the TV screen. I hope someone has a solution for this problem and be able to find a solution and solve this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by p4thos View Post
        BTW, the name on the board is this: XT_MX1VR_V02.
        Also, after some research I found this post, and my box is exactly the same, except mine only reported 1GB RAM.

Hi ,

first , i do not think that your Box has Problems with RAM , they maybe only faked the Specs a little bit , think it ,

or your Box has just installed a wrong Rom , where did you bought it ??? ,

for sure there are Roms for your PCB , but PLEASE dont install any other Roms if the not clear it will fit , now we

must look if your Box & the one of User "sean2018" can be unbricked , which Wifichip is used ???

please look for Infos about "MaskromMode" , "shortPins" , if your Box is not recognised by PC anymore & must

be unbricked , please search for the ChipNr. that stands on your Ram Chip , it is the ICMAX i think , this will give

you more Info if really 2GB is used ,

good luck / gefattern
        Last edited by gefattern; 12-13-2018, 05:48. Reason: add text

Comment

Originally posted by sean2018 View Post
          Omg the same thing happened to me too, basically a dead box with no lights and just the logo on the TV screen. I hope someone has a solution for this problem and be able to find a solution and solve this issue.
          Hi ,

same for you as i wrote in Post #4 , please upload PCB Pictures like User "p4thos" did , helps us & others to solve

your Problem , maybe , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

first , i do not think that your Box has Problems with RAM , they maybe only faked the Specs a little bit , think it ,

or your Box has just installed a wrong Rom , where did you bought it ??? ,

for sure there are Roms for your PCB , but PLEASE dont install any other Roms if the not clear it will fit , now we

must look if your Box & the one of User "sean2018" can be unbricked , which Wifichip is used ???

please look for Infos about "MaskromMode" , "shortPins" , if your Box is not recognised by PC anymore & must

be unbricked , please search for the ChipNr. that stands on your Ram Chip , it is the ICMAX i think , this will give

you more Info if really 2GB is used ,

good luck / gefattern
            Thank you for the reply. I've buyed the box on gearbest.

I'll try to give you all the info.

CPU: RK3229

Motherboard: XT_MX1VR_V02

RAM: Micron D9MTB (4 on the back, 4 on top)

Storage: EMMC 16GB TLC 5.0 IMM16GY95SKB-WT

Unknown:

Wifi chip: SV6256P, single-chip dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n

I'm already familiar with the "Maskrom" mode. I had to put the box in this state, because it was not even to being recognized by the rockchip batch tool.

BTW, on this particular flash chip we need to connect pins 7 and 8 on the left:

Comment

Same, I bought this box from Gearbest as well.

Comment

My box is recognized by the Rockchip batch tool when I put in recovery mode. What does Maskrom state mean I'm not familiar with that term, is that term the same as recovery mode?

Comment

Same, I bought this box from Gearbest as well.
                  Hi ,

so what does Gearbest say about that & did they send you the StockRom to restore ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Submitted a request (ticket) right now. Waiting for them to reply.

Comment

Submitted a request (ticket) right now. Waiting for them to reply.
                      Hi ,

maybe some Chips are bricked or they flashed a 1GB Rom to a 2GB Box , hope you can get it solved ,

please report results , greetings / gefattern

Comment

My box is recognized by the Rockchip batch tool when I put in recovery mode. What does Maskrom state mean I'm not familiar with that term, is that term the same as recovery mode?
                        Hi ,

if you get the right StockRom from them it is maybe possible to restore , if no bad or bricked Chips

are build in , please what does Batchtool show , "found LoaderDevice" or what ??? , MaskRomMode

is a special restore Mode for RK Boxes , you can search on big G for more Info about ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

maybe some Chips are bricked or they flashed a 1GB Rom to a 2GB Box , hope you can get it solved ,

please report results , greetings / gefattern
                          I really have no idea. Still, my box is no diferent from this one.

Comment

I really have no idea. Still, my box is no diferent from this one.
                            Hi ,

nearly , but your "Nand" is from "ICMAX" , the others from "Samsung" , look ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Yes, you're right. I guess that mean that diferent "nand" = diferent firmware... Let's hope Gearbest can do something for me...

Comment

• gefattern
                                gefattern commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hi , not sure i am not the Expert , good luck / gefattern
                                Last edited by gefattern; 12-15-2018, 19:10. Reason: correction
                            Working...
                            X