Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brask View Post

Make a backup of your current firmware and try
    Hi, can you tell me what USB 4 is? I only have 3 usb ports in my laptop.
    Is it USB Hub thing? Any workaround for this?

Comment

Originally posted by gary_t View Post

Hi, can you tell me what USB 4 is? I only have 3 usb ports in my laptop.
      Is it USB Hub thing? Any workaround for this?
      Your main USB in your device, not on your PC for recovery that gets recognised by your PC as recovery device to make the flash work. Try them all

Comment

Looks like I will give a try without backup. After little experimenting, I installed SuperSu (Android 8) and after restarting, it got stuck into bootloop. Now rather than resetting, I will install the new ROM. Let's hope everything works!
        Awesome, post your feedback! Thank you!

Comment

Your main USB in your device, not on your PC for recovery that gets recognised by your PC as recovery device to make the flash work. Try them all
          I don't know why the flash tool says: "Download firmware failed" even though I have held the reset button. Am I missing anything? (I'm following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmm37J65IQ).
          Is powering the box with external supply required?

Also, sometimes it says: "Download IBD fail"!

Comment

Well, I managed to install..but got scared at one time!

Tried the software posted here but it always said "Download firmware failed". Then tried other version (https://quickfileshare.org/bxz/(Late...ctory_tool.zip) and it started downloading. But unfortunately it got stuck at 90% and then failed. After that it said: "Chip fail error". I got scared (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...rror-on-rk3229).
            Then I tried the above posted software again and to my surprise it worked!!

Booted and everything looked perfect but alas WiFi isn't working and neither WiFi Hotspot! So, looks like its of no use unless there is some workaround for WiFi.

Comment

Well, I managed to install..but got scared at one time!

Tried the software posted here but it always said "Download firmware failed". Then tried other version (https://quickfileshare.org/bxz/(Late...ctory_tool.zip) and it started downloading. But unfortunately it got stuck at 90% and then failed. After that it said: "Chip fail error". I got scared (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...rror-on-rk3229).
              Then I tried the above posted software again and to my surprise it worked!!

Booted and everything looked perfect but alas WiFi isn't working and neither WiFi Hotspot! So, looks like its of no use unless there is some workaround for WiFi.
              Ethernet working?

Comment

For my, alfawise a8 pro i have only red light ,not boot.
                I flash 4 times and no success.

Comment

Have you used the provided tools to do so? What OS? Maybe you can try again?
                  My mistake! Just i`m click on Upgrade, not Restore.
                  Now everything is OK.
                  Thanks a lot!

Comment

Ethernet working?
                    Didn't try...will update sometime in future (need to buy long ethernet cable, will buy after this coronavirus thing!)

Aside: Does anyone here installed Viper4Android or Dolby Atmos on their Android box?

Comment

Hello.
                      After upgrade my alfawise a8 with the new Android 9 ROM, the device stuck at the Android logo. I can flash 8.1 firmware back, but I want to flash 9.0. Any solution? I tried factory tool, android tool etc. I tried to go to recovery mode, but I can't. Tv box is starting in maskroom mode (when I want to flash other firmware I don't need push reset button).
                      Last edited by jqtz3k; 04-09-2020, 20:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jqtz3k View Post
                        Hello.
                        After upgrade my alfawise a8 with the new Android 9 ROM, the device stuck at the Android logo. I can flash 8.1 firmware back, but I want to flash 9.0. Any solution? I tried factory tool, android tool etc. I tried to go to recovery mode, but I can't. Tv box is starting in maskroom mode (when I want to flash other firmware I don't need push reset button).
                        Have you used the provided tools? What USB are you using? How are you connecting it to the PC? What OS?

Comment

I use provideed tools. I use USB 2.0. I have windows 7. I've already downloaded various softs a few times, so it's definitely connected well. After uploading the firmware, the program displays a green "success" but the device resets and immediately uploads the firmware again. I tried not to disconnect the cable, it was uploaded for about half an hour. When after displaying the success message quickly disconnect the device, D?bice get up, but stuck on the android logo. Nothing else happens. For now I have returned to firmware 8.1.

Comment

Ethernet working?
                            Forgot to update... YES, Ethernet is working!

PS. Is there a way to install Kodi by getting rid of RKMC. Tried to uninstall and accidentally uninstalled the Media Center and Now it stuck into BOOTLOOP. Looks like I'd need to re-flash the firmware.

Comment

I tried to update the os for T96 android tv box using the above firmware link. But the box was not booting and showing android logo. How to go about it?

Comment

i installed on a8 pro with sv6256p chip, the problem of wifi forces i'm solving it, but i have a problem with the insmod command i have a "failed exec format error" error any ideas?
                                Last edited by Canna77; 01-14-2023, 21:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X