No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3318 Android 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to install magisk? I can even install more when I restart the box, magisk disappears and only super su is left!

If I try to install magisk on the noroot boxed firmware it dies and only works again when I install the firmware again.

How can you send a backup of your Rom with magisk already installed?

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      The manufacturer has to build the ROM with Magisk support, clearly they haven't because they are a ship and no support company.
      Just patching your boot image won't work for Android 9.

Another interesting problem is me again. I opened my box in the morning. The application gave an alert not connected to the internet. I turned off the wifi from the settings, my act freezes for 5 seconds then turns itself off again.

What I did was not improved, I returned to the factory settings and it is the same again.

My device is h96 max rk3318

To see the video : https: //streamable.com/fxdm34

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely the manufacturer changed the wifi chip again and the firmware is not compatible with it, getting the correct firmware for a clone device is nearly impossible. The problem could also be due to overheating or bad soldering of the wifi cable.

H96 Max Rk3318 New official firmware Upgrade to Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by Lukiwa View Post
      H96 Max Rk3318 New official firmware Upgrade to Android 10
      https://youtu.be/zjga9Ck5PdY
      as curious I am, I tried it and it works for mine H96. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by dileo65 View Post

as curious I am, I tried it and it works for mine H96. Thx
        Could you share your experience on A10? Bugs, snappy, wifi stable...?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Could you share your experience on A10? Bugs, snappy, wifi stable...?
          So far, for all versions, I never got the wifi working with the router on 3 meters distance same room.
          This version, android 10, works and looks a bit more smoother except for the remote controller. Doesnt react that well when pushing the buttons.
          Last edited by dileo65; 08-06-2020, 07:07.

Comment

Originally posted by dileo65 View Post

So far, for all versions, I never got the wifi working with the router on 3 meters distance same room.
            Thanks for sharing. You spared me the time and the risk of trying myself. I'll stay on v3a which is working great.

Comment

Android 10 works great for me, bluetooth, ethernet, WiFi, it also reads my USB keys with exFat formatting. Remote control without problems. Android 10 has a novelty - the top and bottom of the system sheet as smartphones and switching between open applications - and termination. Da can be turned off and on from the settings. Sound via USB DAC super. Foobar2000 is enough and UAPP or Neutron is not needed. I am max satisfied with the upgrade.

Comment

Hi All,

I Just flashed my H96 max rk3318 with Android 10 Firmware on Factory Tool. Everythings fine except every time I try to connect Wifi it says at the end "time out". Can anyone address this kind of problem and maybe share a work around if known. Thanks in Advance ?

NB: the wifi worked before without any problem. But After the first flash I am getting this wifi connectivity problem, even I tried stock Android 9 rom and now 10. I have flashed several times but still wifi times out. FYI the device was factory rooted, so it was rooted when I bought it.

Comment

mistermish2000

The firmware to use is dependant on what WIFI chip you have, if I'm not mistaken. According to https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade the colour of the board decides what version to go for. Did you pick the version corresponding to your board colour?

I agree with TiborG that the new Android 10 ROM is running very nicely. I was using the V3a previously but is very pleased with this version.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post
                    mistermish2000

The firmware to use is dependant on what WIFI chip you have, if I'm not mistaken. According to https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade the colour of the board decides what version to go for. Did you pick the version corresponding to your board colour?
                    Thank you for the quick reply.

I just found out my box PCB color is blue, but wifi board color is green. I flashed the official Firmware for the Blue PCB from the link you gave me. Still no luck on wifi. It still says Time Out. Please have a look on the link, here are some poctures from my PCB board and any Suggestion will be really helpful.
                    Gdrive link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...JoE0QG5Y9aRvqc
                    Last edited by mistermish2000; 09-11-2020, 23:48.

Comment

mistermish2000

I can see you are connecting through the setup interface. If you cancel this and enter the network settings, can you see your router and possibly others as well? What happens if you try to connect now? Will cable connection work?

Why did you change ROM in the first place? The blue board indicate an early batch of these boxes...

Comment

DMSsRU's custom firmware gdrive page has latest version as below.

H96Max_v3b (2020.07.28) -
                        added drivers for wifi module TX1688 (BCM43342) - ????????? ???????? ??? wifi ?????? TX1688 (BCM43342)
                        But there is no download link. Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post
                          mistermish2000

Why did you change ROM in the first place? The blue board indicate an early batch of these boxes...
                          Actually I didn't knew that this box will come pre-rooted. Jut wanted it to unroot and believe it or not I got the idea of update from the company Service person, for which I can't connect to wifi.

can you see your router and possibly others as well?
                          Yes.

What happens if you try to connect now?
                          It tries to connect selected Router for per seconds and then says not found and as option try again.

Will cable connection work?
                          Yes, without any problem. Its just the wifi and everything works except wifi.

Once again giving a link for Screenshots you can take a look at : https://drive.google.com/folderview?...DbqG7JOcJ_uKTi

Comment

mistermish2000

Despite the blue board colour you don't have the Tx1688 WIFI chip but the WR6330 which I think is similar to AR6330. Then the firmware of the green board should be applicable but you tried both A9 & A10 and they don't work. Maybe you should go back to the supplier and ask specifically for the ROM compatible with this chip.

Comment

Working...
                            X