Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A5X MAX Android 8.1. RK3328 4K 4GB/323GB TV Box WIFI Bluetooth LAN HDR VP9 USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5X MAX 4GB / 32GB RK3328 4K TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20180613

I just installed this new firmware and without any problems with tools , but at the time of restarting the TV box with the 8.1, the red light turns blue but only about 5 seconds and returns to the red color, not restarting the firmware . It's like checking the new firmware some hardware is not correct and does not let restart, I think.
    Any solution ?

Comment

As found
      A5X MAX RK3328 TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20180827

A5X MAX 4GB+32GB_20180827.rar

blog.geekbuying

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Recently i bought this box, flashed the new firmware. Following are my initial observations.

When i play any video with DTS-HD master or AAC 5.1 audio, the box convert it into 2 channel and sent it through HDMI.
        For all other formats i tested(like Dolby digital, DTS etc) it is correctly giving the 6 channel bit stream through HDMI.
        Please inform the SW team to correct this issue.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          No one is going to fix the problem since it's a ship and forget device.

I agree with you mo123 , happens the same with the A5X MAX version 7.1, it has been forgotten! .
        For the Chinese, this is a business and can not be demanded for a few USD.
        A greeting.

Comment

I can not put the box in recovery mode to load the new firmware.
          I open RKBatchtool but it does not connect.
          What can I do ?

Comment

Use Factory Tool v.6

Comment

My A5X Max restart all the time...
              I try flash again software but any tool can not flash give error please help
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181029_113832-1152x864.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	750264

Comment

Once again use Factory tool v1.6 with RESTORE option selected, not Upgrade, witch is default. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xb...F0vCJD-Tx8SLWf
                Batch tool will not help you. It seems that your memory chip is corupted. Your memory chip need a complete wipe out before a new firmware is write to it.

Comment

Thanks so much sir!
                  I will try again and I will inform

Comment

Again fail please tell me step by step
                    Thanks again

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181031_125545-1152x864.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	750301

Comment

After many tries and putting the power adapter (when the PC read my device) I managed to install the firmware.

Comment

maybe your usb cable is faulty or is not enough to deliver necessary power to the box. I'm glad you did it.

On the other hand, I have encountered this problem when a sd card is inserted. It takes priority on booting, and Factory tools can no longer communicate with the memory chip.

Comment

Does anyone know how I can control this box remotely from PC? I normally use TeamViewer, but when I try to install the add on to the box it does not download.

Comment

Also any ideas on how to root this device?

Comment

i dont have this device. i own an X88mini with Android TV OS with Widevine L1 certification, but without Microsoft Playready DRM certification. Now...i see this device is in oposit of mine....it has Microsoft Playready DRM, and Widevine L3 insteed L1. (With L3 Netflix never work in HD mode, only SD.). BUT, AFAIK, Microsoft Playready is used for Chromecast function. I know that for sure. SO....if your box have this Chromecast function....i strongly sugest to NOT ROOT this device. You probably lost forever this function. DRM Keys and certification is a very sensitive stuff, and very well protected. I have made same mistake with my box when i change original firmware and lost Widevine L1 keys. After that my device remain permanently L3, like yours device. Unfortunately with L3 is preaty useless. Even i have the original firmware, only a factory OTA update was able to restore my DRM Keys. I learn my lesson, and i dont make this mistake again. So is up to you if you decide to root or change oficial firmware, but keep in mind, once you lost your DRM Keys, they are lost forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X