No announcement yet.

MX10 ANDROID 8.1 OREO RK3328 4GB/32GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE R1 and R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 8.1 i've noticed with certain apps that have top toolbar I cannot use a directional key on the remote for Upward to access them the only way to access it is with a mouse. Is there a setting that I have to change to be able to access the top toolbar with the upward directional key.
    Please take the time visit my fundraising page for an accessible wheelchair van.

Click here to support my wheelchair accessible van fundraiser.

https://i.imgur.com/pldcvD6.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/PaM4GAy.png?1

Comment

hello and thanks in advanced... long time reader first post here. i bought the mx10 from geeks, the box came loaded with oreo firmware. i lost my backup and now the only firmware i can get to work is the 7.1.2 but it freezes all the time can not install none of the oreo updates to work... please tell me what im doing wrong....
      passd4 2018/06/20 ty

Comment

figured it out noob moment

Comment

Hey everyone, I've had a bugger of a time restoring the December update from Oreo operating system. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong...the R2 update takes..but only if I erase the flash 3 or 4 times..the naugat just stays red..no boot.

Comment

your passacode is 05/16/2018 ? and you are in maskrom not loader ?

Comment

Thanks for replying..it switches back and forth from loader to maskrom .. depending on what rom is loaded...the R2 maskrom..the December update only loader mode..I can get the R2 to write only. Yes it is 05/16/2018

Comment

Hi, so it appears the general feeling is i want to downgrade my box that comes with android 8, i would like to downgrade to 7 firmware, which way would be best for me to do this, if someone could give some advice that would be great, thanks in advance.

* Nevermind i managed to do it quite easy, i installed driver assistant 4.4, loaded rockchip batch tool 1.8 then i just put a toothpick in the av socket to hold down the reset button, plugged usb male 4 into the pc let go of the button after a some seconds, then it said connected on the screen, picked the firmware file (android 7 for this box in this case) and then i hit the upgrade button.

For anyone who wants to downgrade from a preloaded android 8 MX10 to a android 7 MX10, i have made a pack of files of everything required and uploaded for your convenience, (includes Android Nougat 7.1.2 firmware file) thanks, ps freaktab rules.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Last edited by ganjam0n; 09-05-2018, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ganjam0n View Post
                  Hi, so it appears the general feeling is i want to downgrade my box that comes with android 8, i would like to downgrade to 7 firmware, which way would be best for me to do this, if someone could give some advice that would be great, thanks in advance.

* Nevermind i managed to do it quite easy, i installed driver assistant 4.4, loaded rockchip batch tool 1.8 then i just put a toothpick in the av socket to hold down the reset button, plugged usb male 4 into the pc let go of the button after a some seconds, then it said connected on the screen, picked the firmware file (android 7 for this box in this case) and then i hit the upgrade button.

For anyone who wants to downgrade from a preloaded android 8 MX10 to a android 7 MX10, i have made a pack of files of everything required and uploaded for your convenience, (includes Android Nougat 7.1.2 firmware file) thanks, ps freaktab rules.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                  Hi will this work for 2018/05/18 box?? Oreo on this box is really shocking thanks in advance

Comment

it works thanks you ganjam0n for the files

Comment

Originally posted by DaMeZ View Post
                      it works thanks you ganjam0n for the files
                      your welcome, and your right, as soon as i see how oreo operated with the remote on that box, i thought no thanks!!, when i heard of android 7 not having any of these problems i rushed for some kind of basic sollution, glad it helped you too, this box runs much better on 7.

Comment

your welcome, and your right, as soon as i see how oreo operated with the remote on that box, i thought no thanks!!, when i heard of android 7 not having any of these problems i rushed for some kind of basic sollution, glad it helped you too, this box runs much better on 7.
                        Thanks for the files and the instructions. Worked a charm. I couldn't believe the how bad the remote worked on Oreo. I couldn't long-press app icons to place on my homescreen. This is working great.

I need help though, it's rooted I see, but there is no root manager installed and no matter where I download SuperSU from and which version I try, they all give a corrupt package error when I try to install them. My goal is to install Magisk. I have TWRP flashed and working fine but when I try to flash the Magisk zip file it says my boot img cannot be patched and I need a stock version.

Does anybody have a stock boot.img suitable for patching with Magisk or a clean, non-rooted version of 7.1.2 firmware I can extract the boot img from please?
                        Last edited by FredQ; 09-17-2018, 03:58.

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No support for Magisk on rk3328 at the moment. Maybe you can contact the developer of Magisk on xda or twitter to ask for support?

Did as you instructed and worked flawlessly. Only 1 problem though. My optical (SPDIF) doesn't seem to be working. No red light being emitted and certainly no audio. Not sure if this is related to the firmware or not as I never had the toslink cable at the time it has its original firmware
                        Can anyone confirm SPDIF is working with this particular firmware from ganjamam0n.

PS. Joined just so I can say thanks. Was shocked to get my new box only to realize it came with a lazy version of Android with no DTS/DD passthrough. Works fine via HDMI for now.

Comment

There is new Oreo 8.1 stock firmware for R1 version: 20180828_r1(科德鑫mx10).img

But it seems buggy and still no root.

Comment

I just ordered an MX10 Pro with 8.1. Are all the problems related to this device as well? Will this downgrade work on this box as well?

Comment

MX10 Pro 8.1 doesn't have Bluetooth support. Any chance we can get Bluetooth on it? I cannot connect my controllers to play games. Will downgrading to 7 add Bluetooth support as well? I have a BT dongle, I just need BT support enabled.

Comment

• mo123
                                mo123 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Not possible, you need a different device to have bluetooth support.
                            Working...
                            X