Libreelec for rk3328

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreelec for rk3328

Test universal version of Libreelec for rk3328.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

The system of choosing the correct dtb has changed.

Please note, now it should be done on a different principle (files do not need to be copied).

To select the desired dtb, you need to change the line in the text file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf". In the line "FDT" you need to change the name of the file that the system will use at startup. The list of available files (names to specify in the configuration) can be found in the "dtb" directory. If you do not know exactly what file you need , you can enter all available names in turn and check the operation of the system. In accordance with this, the system installation script in eMMC has been changed. The steps to install the system on the eMMC remain the same.

To install the OS in eMMC added menu item under "Libreelec->Services->eMMC". Menu item "Install to eMMC".

There are two more items to create (and restore) a full copy of the entire eMMC BEFORE installing LE on the eMMC. the process of creating a full copy can take up to 30 minutes , but I strongly recommend that you do so. At the end of creating\restoring a copy, the system automatically shuts down.

Please note, these are test systems and errors are possible in them, all actions are at your own risk.

And for the future, for all users. When you ask about the operation of the system - be sure to specify the full version of the image that you are using. Without this information, I will not be able to answer questions.
    Last edited by balbes150; 01-23-2019, 09:42.

New ver LE 20181009

Comment

I tried to install this version on my crappy SCISHION AI ONE , but still won't work. The default device tree will at least do something, scrolling white letters on a black background. I tested all of the 6 device trees, by changing the name in the correct text file. Two of the device trees would have the scrolling lines, the other 4 did not do anything.

All, I did was insert the microSD card that has been created using "Etcher" into my crappy RK3328 box and restore power. Did not have to use a pin in the reset hole..........
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        I tried to install this version on my crappy SCISHION AI ONE , but still won't work. The default device tree will at least do something, scrolling white letters on a black background. I tested all of the 6 device trees, by changing the name in the correct text file. Two of the device trees would have the scrolling lines, the other 4 did not do anything.

All, I did was insert the microSD card that has been created using "Etcher" into my crappy RK3328 box and restore power. Did not have to use a pin in the reset hole..........
        What dtb starts Armbian on your device ? Can you show a photo of what is displayed on the screen when you start LE ?

Comment

Here is what my TV screen looks like when I connect my Android box with your LibreELEC port installed on a microSD card. Strange thing, today, I can't access the files on the microSD card that I just created the bootable disk on. I have tried Rufus, and Etcher with 4 different microSD cards.. When I tested it 3 or 4 days ago, I was able to access the files right off the bat. Don't know what I am doing wrong now...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc40ep6kyy...20DTB.jpg?dl=0

Edit: My Windows explorer finally started "seeing" the LibreELEC on my microSD card, so I was able to change the DTB in the correct text file. Here are my results....... Also, it seems that I have to create a bootable disk, each time I change the DTB file. In other words, I create the bootable microSD card THEN change the name in the conf file.

Stock dtb >> rk3328-box-trn9.dtb = scrolling text
          second try >> rk3328-box-trn9.dtb = no signal on TV
          third try >> rk3328-box.dtb = scrolling text
          fourth try >> rk3328-box-z28.dtb = no signal on TV
          Fith try >> rk3328-roc-cc.dtb = no signal on TV
          sixth try >> rk3328-rock64.dtb = no signal on TV
          seventh try >> rk3328-rockbox.dtb = no signal on TV
          Last edited by clarkss12; 10-12-2018, 20:49.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

New image 20181216

Comment

New image 20190110/
              Add dtb for MX10, and repo addons aarch64

Comment

just tested new image 20190116. Thanks for it.

device mvr9

working so far

issues :

CEC not working
                still no HD Audio
                and there are 2 remote versions:
                24K ir remote with numbered 0-9 keys and orange D-Pad ir remote
                I have the remote with numbered 0-9 keys but it looks as if the remote is configured for the D-Pad one.
                bluetooth not found

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post

device mvr9

working so far

issues :

CEC not working
                  still no HD Audio
                  and there are 2 remote versions:
                  24K ir remote with numbered 0-9 keys and orange D-Pad ir remote
                  I have the remote with numbered 0-9 keys but it looks as if the remote is configured for the D-Pad one.
                  bluetooth not found
                  I will check CEC, Kwiboo made updates for it, maybe something is wrong.

To use bluetooth:
                  After writing the image
                  Check the following file on your micro-sd card
                  microsd_card/extlinux/extlinux.conf
                  Just add 'bluetooth' to the end of the following string so it looks like
                  APPEND boot=UUID=<uuid> disk=UUID=<uuid> quiet console=tty0 bluetooth
                  Also need to turn bluetooth on in the LibreELEC Settings.
                  Then change the default HDMI Sound output to Pulseaudio Bluetooth to get sound over your bluetooth speakers or headphones.

I will make a new kernel and dtb file you can just replace to have a working ir remote end of the week.

There is also now Armbian Linux.
                  You can run Kodi from it, also in 4K with smooth video playback and have a Linux operating system too.
                  You will be able to run any streaming service from Chromium browser in 720/1080p.
                  I will also test it further at the end of the week.

Comment

I saw a posting about Armbian.
                    But will CEC and HD Audio work there ? Or is more development with a different kernel needed ? LE guys said so.
                    I am using the device first of all with KODI and I hope there will be an image someday in future with all main features running.

Have enough old laptops running smooth with Linux.

My fear is that MVR9 device is getting to old for new development before it had a Kodi Version without issues ever.

Comment

I saw a posting about Armbian.
                      But will CEC and HD Audio work there ? Or is more development with a different kernel needed ? LE guys said so.
                      I am using the device first of all with KODI and I hope there will be an image someday in future with all main features running.

Have enough old laptops running smooth with Linux.

My fear is that MVR9 device is getting to old for new development before it had a Kodi Version without issues ever.

There is still lots of development.
                      Android Pie will also be released soon with new DRM video drivers used by LE etc.
                      Currently Android Nougat uses a 3.10 kernel which will be upgraded to a 4.4.1xx one with Pie.

New CEC framework now used by LE.
                      USB CEC Adapter communication Library http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/ - Commits · Kwiboo/libcec

Maybe there is a new bug here.
                      I'll test on my tv and if it works then we must help get a bug report to kwiboo so he can check on similar hardware than yours to see if there are any bugs in the new CEC framework.

Also new v4.20 kernel being worked on compared to v4.4 currently used.
                      Linux kernel for Rockchip SoC. Contribute to Kwiboo/linux-rockchip development by creating an account on GitHub.

A v4.20 or v5 kernel is needed to port and add support for HD Audio.
                      By using a mainline, newer kernel and merging a device's drivers into it, a device will always be support and things like LE or Armbian can easily be build without using separate patches that get old and then don't work on new kernels anymore. Developers then also don't have to keep 2 separate sets of patches that work with old kernels and new mainline ones which make their work much easier. But it will take time to make everything compatible with new kernels, the same thing any ARM board manufacturer faces.

I'll write a guide for Armbian after I test it some more.
                      You can run a browser, do file operations, use Kodi or other video players or word processors like Open Office and connect a PC mouse and keyboard too, similar to a Linux OS on a PC but optimised for ARM devices.

Comment

thank you
                        this was very helpful to understand whats going on

I tried to use CEC with a Sony Bravia TV and a Pioneer VSX 923 AVR. Devices like Mecool KI pro with LE 17.6 are working with CEC. MVR9 gets not connected if I try to sync CEC with Sony TV.

Comment

device mvr9

working so far

issues :

CEC not working
                        Try the latest version of LE 20190118.

Comment

Hi

I get the following error when I try to install the Widevine DRM plugins from Amazon or other streaming addons.

"Widevine CDM is currently not available natively on ARM64. Please switch to a 32-bit userspace for Widevine CDM support."

I see LibreELEC and CoreELEC is build with 64-bit kernel but uses 32-bit userspace so Widevine libraries that are 32-bit only for Linux can work.

The following dependencies of the Netflix addon also say not available, so you can't install the addon
                          1. script.module.requests 2.12.4
                          2. script.module.inputstreamhelper 0.3.3
                          3. script.module.addon.signals

So you can't install any streaming addons as most dependencies for them are not available and installable.

https://github.com/caphm/kodi-repo/r...aphm-1.0.0.zip
                          https://github.com/wintuxx/plugin.vi...ase/0.14.0.zip

Can you also include this patch, it seems to improve software decoding used by DRM streaming addons a lot that can't be hardware decoded.
                          Description For video streams which are s/w decoded using ffmpeg the resulting frames are padded to the ffmpeg internal 32 Byte alignment (e.g. 720 width line is aligned to 736) Current Linuxrende...

TVHeadend v4.3 also not working.

Comment

tried LE 20190118
                            Remote is better now, but longpress ok does not work. Back function is on delete button. Menue button does not work.
                            CEC is working better, can adjust AVR Volume with box remote now. But can not use the Bravia remote for up/down left/right run/stop etc.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X