No announcement yet.

H96Max remotely blocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got that short here picture from a post by http://freaktab.com/member/10154-manu_manu4
    on the thread http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-max-h2-rk3328

Comment

Originally posted by Joust View Post
      Hi ,

if possible try it with a fresh installed Win7 or 10 what you have , it looks like the pins are correct ,

but there is another Picture in Post5 , did you tried that too , looks like it worked for the User ?!?!

Did you already contacted the Seller about that ???

greetings / gefattern
      Last edited by gefattern; 10-16-2018, 00:40.

Comment

that post #5 shows pins on the USB hub controller chip. https://www.kean.com.au/oshw/WR703N/...Hub%201.07.pdf thats the DVDD which is 3.3v pin and the last one is ground. That certainly will not work as you are turning off that chip if not destroying it. he said he had success using the pins in the picture i posted.

The seller is not an options because as i said in the first post, he is extremely uncooperative and claims to have remote destroyed my box. i'm beginning to believe he may have done so.

Private message me if you want to know who i bought it from. . i debated posting details ,I think people should be warned. I can if its ok but don't want to break any rules.

Comment

that post #5 shows pins on the USB hub controller chip. https://www.kean.com.au/oshw/WR703N/...Hub%201.07.pdf thats the DVDD which is 3.3v pin and the last one is ground. That certainly will not work as you are turning off that chip if not destroying it. he said he had success using the pins in the picture i posted.

The seller is not an options because as i said in the first post, he is extremely uncooperative and claims to have remote destroyed my box. i'm beginning to believe he may have done so.

Private message me if you want to know who i bought it from. . i debated posting details ,I think people should be warned. I can if its ok but don't want to break any rules.
          Hi ,

for sure they must be warned , you can inform Aliexpress self , that this happend , if you buy

a TVBox u always get a Powersupply with it , that is already strange , i can ask the others ,

​​​​​​​maybe we can make a sticky Post with "Bad Sellers" , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi again ,

any results with restore ???

gefattern

Comment

no its still not working.

but...
              good news is that i got a refund from the dispute i had on the seller at Aliexpress.

its likely gone bad. the thing will not do anything at all. just the blue light comes on.
              The system reports "Unknown USB Device"

Comment

no its still not working.

but...
                good news is that i got a refund from the dispute i had on the seller at Aliexpress.

its likely gone bad. the thing will not do anything at all. just the blue light comes on.
                The system reports "Unknown USB Device"
                Hi ,

small hint after Driver install , the PC must be rebooted , for working correct ,

1. install Drivers (always latest)

2. start Flashtool (as Admin) , load Firmware ,

3. press "reset" Button , (often behind AVJack)(hold it)

4. connect with USBCable to PC , (use the right USB port of Box)(for PC no Hubs / direct Ports)

5. connect Powersupply , (wait till connected , then leave the "reset" Button)

6. restore your Box

for short Pins Way , ( MaskRomMode )

1 & 2

3. short Pins ,

4. connect USB

5. connect Power

device will show up in MaskRomMode ,

6. restore your Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

still not recognized.
                  last resort will be to try another PC maybe on Win8.
                  i did try a second on win7.
                  same...dead box

Comment

still not recognized.
                    last resort will be to try another PC maybe on Win8.
                    i did try a second on win7.
                    same...dead box
                    Hi ,

hope you get it , greetings / gefattern

looks like there is a new Rom in the "H96 Max+ 4/32 or ..... Android 8" Thread started by Trebor

Comment

I saw that.
                      i've pretty much given up on getting this silly box going.

Comment

I found when I attempted to flash the box does not detect as I expected
                        As in plug in detect hit the burn button, done

Runt the burning tool load the .img then hit Burn

Then short the pins then plugged in

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...Video.mp4/file
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks Trebor...didn't seem to help. tried it with power and not with power. no matter what i do the PC says it is unrecognized and it won't show up in the tools. tried them all. i have the very lastest thanks to gefattern.

Comment

Working...
                          X